Gp2x Community Game Contest Only 3 Days Left!

Magnulus posted on Dec 12 2006 at 11:36 AM said:
Ryo posted on Dec 12 2006 at 12:31 PM said:
Man I should have partecipated... GMenu2X took all of my free time...
Maybe in next one (If there will be another one...)

Maybe... maybe... ^_^
if there is, I will make a Proper game for that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
torpor posted on Dec 12 2006 at 02:08 PM said:
So how soon until we see the results? I'm very eager to give all these entries a try!!!

A week after the deadline, all entries (including the ones that didn't make it to the finals) will be released for download, and the community will be given the chance to rate the entries themselves, deciding a winner of the special Community Favourite award, the prize of which is dependant on what support we will get from sponsors.

The contest winners will be announced on 12th of January 2007.

Magnulus posted on Dec 12 2006 at 03:12 AM said:
(might be eleven if Alex's entry didn't get through for some reason.)
Man I feel like an empty shell right now... I worked a lot on it to end up with a polished product, and even sent two separate emails to you, one with the attachment (8.83 megs), and one with a link to it hosted, just in case the large attachment didn't make it through. I know I sent the attachment one at 11:41 pm GMT-5, and the one with the link at 11:48 pm GMT-5. Sure, they're barely on time, but they're on time, and I used the time to polish it as much as I could.

Please let me know if you do find it... Magnulus sent me a PM asking for subject, well if Psymastr sees this first, subject is "GP2X Contest Entry (Alex, Airplyr)" and "GP2X Contest Entry (Alex, Airplyr) link", I sent them both to gp2x~gamecon~@~gmail~.com (without ~)

- Alex

Edit: here's Gmail screenshot from Sent Mail: link

Don't worry, Alex, we'll definitely sort this out. The mails were probably just stuck in server limbo (LET'S DO THE LIMBO! HA-CHA-CHA!!!) for a while. I don't have the password at work, but I'll check the gmail when I get home. I'll get back to you once I have an update.

Alex. posted on Dec 12 2006 at 09:28 AM said:
Magnulus posted on Dec 12 2006 at 03:12 AM said:
(might be eleven if Alex's entry didn't get through for some reason.)
Man I feel like an empty shell right now... I worked a lot on it to end up with a polished product, and even sent two separate emails to you, one with the attachment (8.83 megs), and one with a link to it hosted, just in case the large attachment didn't make it through. I know I sent the attachment one at 11:41 pm GMT-5, and the one with the link at 11:48 pm GMT-5. Sure, they're barely on time, but they're on time, and I used the time to polish it as much as I could.

Please let me know if you do find it... Magnulus sent me a PM asking for subject, well if Psymastr sees this first, subject is "GP2X Contest Entry (Alex, Airplyr)" and "GP2X Contest Entry (Alex, Airplyr) link", I sent them both to gp2x~gamecon~@~gmail~.com (without ~)

- Alex

Edit: here's Gmail screenshot from Sent Mail: link

Alex I wouldn't worry I'm sure they will let you resend it if they didn't recieve it because you have proof that you sent it in. I know how you feel about working hard on a game to make it looked polished I spent about 8-10hr a day for about 2 months straight :huh: just to make sure mine was at commercial quality. I spent more time on this than I did with Salvaria :eek: any way good luck and can't wait to try your game. :D

Alex. posted on Dec 12 2006 at 04:30 PM said:
That's great to hear :) Thanks for clearing this up!

- Alex
Damn, another rival in the quest for eternal fame. And I thought my DOS attack on their server had eliminated your entry ;)

Can't wait to see the other entries. Next year I'll start earlier and get in a higher quality game (but I am impressed that I came up with that within 10 hours of coding ^_^).

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Dec 12 2006 at 03:14 PM said:
Magnulus posted on Dec 12 2006 at 02:56 PM said:
Oh yes, Goity... We got your entry. We got your entry in JUST fine. ;)
GOITFIGHTS
Speaking of which, I never did get around to playing that yet. Now's the time :) *downloads*

- Alex

Alex. posted on Dec 12 2006 at 03:15 PM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Dec 12 2006 at 03:14 PM said:
Magnulus posted on Dec 12 2006 at 02:56 PM said:
Oh yes, Goity... We got your entry. We got your entry in JUST fine. ;)
GOITFIGHTS
Speaking of which, I never did get around to playing that yet. Now's the time :) *downloads*

- Alex
you are certainly in for a treat

LMAO

Back