Gp2x Community Game Contest

Congrats! I'm surprised that I actually got as many points as I did with the shape my game was in (fixed now :) )

Is there going to be another contest? It's nice to see some original games. I just recently found out about this forum I have been to the official message boards but no one seems to post anything. This forum seems to be constantly added to. :)

Hey, folks. (THAT shithead?! Boooh! Hissss!!!)

Yeah yeah, I know. Apparently, people have been voicing their concerns about my commitment to the Community Game Contest. This is what I hear. No, I haven't been paying much attention to it lately. Yes, I've been neglecting it. I can go on and on with a bunch of excuses and Blah-blah-blahs, but in the end, all I should really need to say is that I am currently more committed to trying to get into a university and gaining myself a future than I am to the community contest. Call it selfish, but that's the reality of it. Psy has been doing an absolutely tip-top job under the circumstances, I have to say, and I'm delighted he managed to finish everything up all nice and tight by the end of it, even if it was with just two judges (I b0rked my unit in december, so I couldn't do much, sadly. I really looked forward to reviewing some of those games, too.)

However, I did promise I would give an extra prize to the winners, didn't I? I've forgotten what, exactly, it was I promised, but I'll read through the threads again to find it, and then I'll talk to Craig or someone else so I can just pay him and he'll ship it straight off to you guys.

All in all, I'm very happy with the contest and how it turned out. Next time, I'd love to still be involved, but I'll be more realistic about my own chances of being directly involved with the administration. I'll just have to tell myself it was a good thing I took the initiative to begin with, even though I was unable to follow through. I'm like the drunk guy who tries to get into a girl's (the community, I suppose) pants all night, and in the end, he's too drunk to actually do what he's been trying to be allowed to do all night. And Psy is like that drunk guy's friend who takes over when the girl is all hot and hankerin', and the drunk is passed out with his head in the toilet... Or something. Analogies are FUN!

In conclusion:
Yeah, sorry I buggered off. I didn't intend to, and when I did have a chance to have a quick look in, I was too embarrased to. I was afraid everyone was gonna boo me for being such a twerp, so kind of circumvented the whole thing. But I'll fix those prizes I promised. I just need to get that money. ^_^

Psy, it'd be awfully nice of you to give us an update or a confirmation on what's happening with the prizes.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...35246&st=15

Hmm? It looks to me like you're ignoring that thread; if you don't have the two minutes to let us know what's happening, then perhaps instead of telling the mods to unpin this topic you should have taken the time to give us an update.

- Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
I have already delivered the monetary prizes, and craig confirmed he sent out the copies of payback a while ago. Magnus was supposed to do the community contest prize, as he is the one who contacted the person about it. Let me sort this out...

EDIT: The reason I told the mods to unpin the topic is because I thought all was well. I guess not.

EDIT2: Well since once again I have not been able to contact Magnus, I will assume his prizes are null and void and I the community favorite prize is going to Alex for Airplyr, as he was next in line for a prize as the winner of the community favorite poll decided. I have sent your address Alex to gp2xstore's email and am awaiting a confirmation.

PSyMastR posted on Feb 26 2007 at 06:03 PM said:
EDIT: The reason I told the mods to unpin the topic is because I thought all was well. I guess not.

Seems you can relax ;) There's a package from GB waiting for me at the post office :)

Nagelfar posted on Feb 26 2007 at 12:25 PM said:
PSyMastR posted on Feb 26 2007 at 06:03 PM said:

Seems you can relax ;) There's a package from GB waiting for me at the post office :)
Thats good news :)

PSyMastR posted on Feb 26 2007 at 05:03 PM said:
I have already delivered the monetary prizes, and craig confirmed he sent out the copies of payback a while ago. Magnus was supposed to do the community contest prize, as he is the one who contacted the person about it. Let me sort this out...

EDIT2: Well since once again I have not been able to contact Magnus, I will assume his prizes are null and void and I the community favorite prize is going to Alex for Airplyr, as he was next in line for a prize as the winner of the community favorite poll decided. I have sent your address Alex to gp2xstore's email and am awaiting a confirmation.
bah!

PSyMastR posted on Feb 26 2007 at 12:03 PM said:
Many thanks to you and to GP2X_Coder. Sorry for getting a little impatient.

- Alex

Alex. posted on Feb 26 2007 at 01:13 PM said:
PSyMastR posted on Feb 26 2007 at 12:03 PM said:
Many thanks to you and to GP2X_Coder. Sorry for getting a little impatient.

- Alex
Im actually glad that you pointed it out, as I thought everything was sorted out and good to go. Now that everything should be sorted out, Ill be on the lookout for a confirmation from gp2xstore and say here when I receive it.

Back