Gp2x Community Game Contest

PSyMastR posted on Feb 27 2007 at 12:41 PM said:
Bump, the community favorite game has been shipped. I got the email today.

EDIT: Typo
Kickass, thanks again to you and to GP2X_Coder!

- Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Payback just arrived, incredibly fast considering it had to go through customs and all :)

Again, thanks GP2X_Coder and Psy!

- Alex

sam fisher posted on Mar 9 2007 at 03:20 AM said:
Goity was meant to get something for some reason, but didnt...
No, what happened was, if magnus would have given prizes, then the community favorite prize would have been given to goity, as he was next in line, after magnus's prizes. But, magnus bailed, so Alex got the community favorite as he was next in line, according to GP2x_Coder's wishes.

Thats fucking gay, and you know it.

Sort it out or any competitions you hold in the future will hold no credibility.

First of all, Im not the one who even started this competition, magnus decided to create a competition, and I volunteered to help run it. Now, I basically took over, and when HE pledges a prize, I am not responsible because he basically ran away completely. I have since asked him many times about it. And quite frankly, I did this out of my love for the community, and I see there is absolutely no gratefulness at all from the community. I now see why many people are sick and tired of some of the people in this community. I did my duty, I'm out. I was planning on holding another one, but if you don't want one, whatever. Im out. Don't ever expect me to contribute another single thing to this community ever again. Ive really had it. And quite franky, I know where this thread is going now. Nova, DCGM, and some other disgruntled-about-life members from this site are just going to basically scream and yell at me for what magnus did. Whatever, I really done care anymore. Im out. Mods, you can lock this thread, or keep it open, whatever.

nickspoon posted on Mar 12 2007 at 09:28 PM said:
Ooooooooooooooo.
Jeeez you people really should cut him some slack...no, the comp. wasn't perfectly organised but in the end it almost worked out (besides that one prize) so don't blame Psymaster now for all that went wrong. I for my part enjoyed it.
And I totally agree on the: tired of some people in the community part to be honest.

There was several hundred Euros' worth of prize money. If Psymastr and Magnulus aren't completely capable of running a competition, maybe they shouldn't be trusted with it, even if it did turn out mostly OK.

That said I enjoyed the competition and hope for another next year.

nickspoon posted on Mar 12 2007 at 04:52 PM said:
There was several hundred Euros' worth of prize money. If Psymastr and Magnulus aren't completely capable of running a competition, maybe they shouldn't be trusted with it, even if it did turn out mostly OK.

That said I enjoyed the competition and hope for another next year.
What the hell are you talking about? All the money was delivered to the people who won. The rest of the prizes too, except for Magnulus's. I doubt that there would have been a competition to begin with if it wasn't for Psymastr to maintain it and Magnulus to kick-start it.

This was the first such competition too, so it's only natural for it to have its flaws. The only important thing is refining the next one based on what was learned from this one.

- Alex

PSyMastR posted on Mar 12 2007 at 04:24 PM said:
First of all, Im not the one who even started this competition, magnus decided to create a competition, and I volunteered to help run it. Now, I basically took over, and when HE pledges a prize, I am not responsible because he basically ran away completely. I have since asked him many times about it. And quite frankly, I did this out of my love for the community, and I see there is absolutely no gratefulness at all from the community. I now see why many people are sick and tired of some of the people in this community. I did my duty, I'm out. I was planning on holding another one, but if you don't want one, whatever. Im out. Don't ever expect me to contribute another single thing to this community ever again. Ive really had it. And quite franky, I know where this thread is going now. Nova, DCGM, and some other disgruntled-about-life members from this site are just going to basically scream and yell at me for what magnus did. Whatever, I really done care anymore. Im out. Mods, you can lock this thread, or keep it open, whatever.
Hmm. I don't recall stating my opinion as of late. I thought it had become quite apparent how I felt about you, magnulus, and this farce of a competition as a whole. Since you are dead-set about calling me out, perhaps I need to clarify.

This was not a playground contest. There was a lot of money involved, and a lot of people have become a little bit more than upset over the way this was handled. I don't remember you setting yourself up as a mere helper, I remember this being run by you and magnulus alone. You took the reigns and tried to head a very serious competition. Did it turn out the way it should have? Eventually it did. Perhaps it was because people were screaming at you, perhaps it was not. I tend to believe it was the former.

You took the responsibility as much as this other fellow did. You're merely placing the responsibility on him, but he isn't here to defend himself- not that it would even matter. Magnulus has shown his true colors, and if there is one thing I commend you on it's the fact that you DID end this the right way. Granted, neither of you two knew it would be this much of a headache.

Of course I cannot speak for the community, but I know quite a few people who would like to have some people who are a bit more responsible running the next competition (if there is one). No offense to you, but you bit off more than you could chew. And it showed.

You seem to be EXPECTING gratitute for your efforts. This was NOT run properly, so don't expect people to be cheering your name and patting you on the back.

Oh, and just to clarify: Just because people pointed out that this competition was run by inept individuals, it does not mean we are "disgruntled about life". You have well proven that you cannot run a competition properly. I would hope the next one is run by someone who is more trustworthy and competant.

Finally, I would like to state that I'm still baffled as to why such a new, virtually unknown member (magnulus of course, not you psymastr) was so trusted with large sums of money. This could have just as easily turned out to be the proverbial "quick fuck in the night". So in retrospect this could have gone much, much worse.

I'm sure I'll be banned for stating my opinion on the competition. If I am, so be it.

Nagelfar posted on Mar 12 2007 at 08:39 PM said:
Ooooooooooooooo.
Jeeez you people really should cut him some slack...no, the comp. wasn't perfectly organised but in the end it almost worked out (besides that one prize) so don't blame Psymaster now for all that went wrong. I for my part enjoyed it.
And I totally agree on the: tired of some people in the community part to be honest.
Objection!

Actually, it's two prizes that were not delivered, mine and the author of Altitude's. To put that into perspective, that means a third of the prizes were not delivered. That doesn't really appear to me as "almost worked out".

Goity posted on Mar 13 2007 at 05:31 PM said:
Ooooooooooooooo.
Objection!

Actually, it's two prizes that were not delivered, mine and the author of Altitude's. To put that into perspective, that means a third of the prizes were not delivered. That doesn't really appear to me as "almost worked out".
Both prizes promised by the same person afaik? You are just pissed (understandably) that you were promised a prize and didn't get one in the end and now throw all the blame on the one person that has at least the balls to keep posting and defend himself.

Nagelfar posted on Mar 14 2007 at 08:10 AM said:
Goity posted on Mar 13 2007 at 05:31 PM said:
Ooooooooooooooo.
Objection!

Both prizes promised by the same person afaik? You are just pissed (understandably) that you were promised a prize and didn't get one in the end and now throw all the blame on the one person that has at least the balls to keep posting and defend himself.
Just correcting you.

Back