Gp2x Community Game Contest Only 3 Days Left!

Magnulus posted on Dec 12 2006 at 07:56 PM said:
Oh yes, Goity... We got your entry. We got your entry in JUST fine. ;)
:p I don't trust Gmail

you are certainly in for a treat

LMAO
Am gonna betchslap yer shetbag.

Why don't you release something

Last edited by a moderator:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Dec 12 2006 at 08:28 PM said:
Goity posted on Dec 12 2006 at 03:24 PM said:
lol

wait is that a serious question?
yes, please answer.

Goity posted on Dec 12 2006 at 03:30 PM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Dec 12 2006 at 08:28 PM said:
Goity posted on Dec 12 2006 at 03:24 PM said:
lol

wait is that a serious question?
yes, please answer.
uh, i dont code? at all? lol

If I did I would most certainly enter...although im sure there would be some bias against my entry considering one of the judges. That's my personal feeling.

Well I tried, it, and beat it, and here's my feedback.

- I like that there are lots of characters to choose from
- I picked the biggest, meanest one, but after the first fight it changed to another character, an energy-ball spitting head
- it would be good to add breaks between fights, sort of like a buffer screen that waits for you to press the Start button
- you should be able to exit the game at any given time, not only when you completed all fights
- most likely the the Fenix runtime included is outdated, perhaps that would explain the garbled music and lack of volume controls

Anywho I look forward to your racer, any chance of some screenshots?

- Alex

Alex. posted on Dec 12 2006 at 08:38 PM said:

- I picked the biggest, meanest one, but after the first fight it changed to another character, an energy-ball spitting head
- it would be good to add breaks between fights, sort of like a buffer screen that waits for you to press the Start button
- you should be able to exit the game at any given time, not only when you completed all fights
- most likely the the Fenix runtime included is outdated, perhaps that would explain the garbled music and lack of volume controls

- Alex
hmm... I fixed the first problem, but never released it. Or did I fix it in the version I released after the compo? You must have an earlier version. Never mind, I'll upload a new version or Goitfights in a minute, with all known bugfixes (I never actually released this one). If I ever port it to dreamcast, I'll probably add pause, but it can be a little difficult to do. Same about exit. The runtime is to blame for the music problems. Get the latest runtime from the GP2x archive.

Are we allowed to release screenshots? If so I'll put one up

EDIT: Here http://l33t.spod.org/~goity/Goitfights.rar

Goity posted on Dec 12 2006 at 03:50 PM said:

- Alex
hmm... I fixed the first problem, but never released it. Or did I fix it in the version I released after the compo? You must have an earlier version. Never mind, I'll upload a new version or Goitfights in a minute, with all known bugfixes (I never actually released this one). If I ever port it to dreamcast, I'll probably add pause, but it can be a little difficult to do. Same about exit. The runtime is to blame for the music problems. Get the latest runtime from the GP2x archive.

Yes you can release screen shots and videos just not the game.

Pause is really really easy, just add a while loop that waits for start to be pressed. Exit can't be too hard, surely? I just set done as true in my game loop, and the game ends in the same way it would when the time runs out.

screenie1mc6.png

screenie2gz6.png

Wow, that looks nice! Is the player 'behind' the screen or is it the nearest player drawn on the screen there?

- Alex

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Dec 12 2006 at 08:14 PM said:
Magnulus posted on Dec 12 2006 at 02:56 PM said:
Oh yes at Goity... We got your entry. We got your entry in JUST fine. ;)
GOITFIGHTS
It's goit gee pee :p

Goity posted on Dec 12 2006 at 08:50 PM said:

- Alex

EDIT: Here http://l33t.spod.org/~goity/Goitfights.rar
What are you on, implementing a pause in Fenix has got to be about THE easiest thing possible!

Alex. posted on Dec 12 2006 at 09:17 PM said:
Wow, that looks nice! Is the player 'behind' the screen or is it the nearest player drawn on the screen there?

- Alex
the nearest player drawn on screen is you.

Alex. posted on Dec 12 2006 at 09:17 PM said:

- Alex
He is the nearest player. you aren't behind the screen.

I'd post a screen shot but its really just old fashioned pong, you all know what that looks like, right? I shoved in the ability yo play your own OGG though.

nickspoon posted on Dec 12 2006 at 04:21 PM said:
I dig, what are the controls for flipping each tile?

- Alex

Alex. posted on Dec 12 2006 at 09:28 PM said:

- Alex
For the competition version, top left = Y, top right = B, bottom left = A, bottom right = X.

Later I'll probably add different control schemes, like the one Goity suggested, with top left = up, top right = Y, bottom left = down, bottom right = X. It's a bit confusing at the moment :p

Alex. posted on Dec 12 2006 at 09:28 PM said:

- Alex
Y=top left, B= Top right, X= Bottom Right, A= Bottom left

Back