Gp2x Community Game Contest Only 3 Days Left!

PSyMastR

\m/O__O\m/
Website
Visit site
Layout-PSD_01.jpg

ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT!!

So, this is just a friendly reminder to all the developers that the deadline is fastly approaching (only 3 days left). I hope you enjoyed coding your games as much as we are going to enjoy reviewing them. Good luck to everyone, and thanks to everyone who donated. To all who donated so far, thanks so much for supporting the GP2x developers in this wonderful contest. Without all of your support, this would never had happened. Once again, its fastly approaching, so good luck everyone. We have already recieved some entries to the contest, and we look forward to all of your wonderful games. Good luck, and happy coding debugging.

Contest Website: http://gp2x.psymastr.com

YAY, 3 days left! cant wait to see all the entries (say how many are there yet?)

debugging?? whats that?? :) I haven't even finished coding yet and have had no feedback from the beta testers for bugs etc. yet. I honestly don't even know if it works on other GP2X. I will probably still enter but don't moan if it doesn't work... it works on my gp2x :)

Seriously though, around 1pm-2pm UK time tomorrow I will need some beta testers to do some testing straight away and get back to me later in the day as I really need to know if the game at least works. If you are interested please PM me or get in contact with me on IRC #gp2xdev tomorrow. I would have done an open beta as its so near to the deadline but the rules don't allow it so it has to be private.

ill gladly help test it! (you are talking about your squares game right?)

(pming)

nickspoon posted on Dec 8 2006 at 06:20 PM said:
I've barely started - I just wanted to enter a contest :)
Hah! I've only got AI, menu system, multiple language support, options etc. left to do :D

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix posted on Dec 8 2006 at 10:11 PM said:
Argh i only just realised ports are not allowed :-/ there goes my entry.
What happens if literally no one enters/meets criteria? Do all donations get refunded? Contest extended??

Or worse yet: one person enters, and the entry looks like goitfights. And they win it all :eek:

NOOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to knock the dev's but I say that if none of the entries are deemed worthy, we should have a community poll and give the first, second, and third prize to the three devs that get the highest votes? Or maybe just distribute it to a lot of different devs equally.

But that's assuming there aren't any good entries, and I don't anticipate that happening. :)

I don't think you can do that. People entered thinking that they would win if they were the best, you can't just change the rules now.

Sheesh, first all this talk of 'the community's not slowing down, everyone is waiting for the contest to be over' and now, 'someone will enter!' ... I hope this doesn't turn out as underwhelming as the GPH contest.

EDIT: Actually, with the rules that contest had, I'm surprised anyone entered something better than goitfights. ;)

Back