Gp2x Community Game Contest Only 2 Weeks Left!

PSyMastR

\m/O__O\m/
Website
Visit site
Layout-PSD_01.jpg

ONLY 2 WEEKS LEFT!!

Thats right, there is only 2 weeks left until the deadline for the community contest. I want to take the time out to thank all of our wonderful donors for supporting this contest, as without you, there would be no contest. I would also like to take the time to wish all the participants good luck on the entries to the contest. As of right now, we have a total of 4 judges, we hoped for a few more, so if anyone is interested, you can apply by following the directions on the site's page. Also, we are still accepting donations towards the prize pot, so if anyone would like to get a last minute donation in to the prize pot, you can find out more info here.

Contest Website: http://www.psymastr.com/gp2x

Good luck everyone and happy coding :)

I was planning to be a judge all this time, but ya, we currently have 2 judges besides me and you magnus. I PM'd you about something relating to the contest. Tell me what you think.

How about adding an award for the best multiplayer game. That might encourage more people to add 2 player (or more) modes.

From what I remember, this contest doesn't accept emulators as entries.
What if I made a GBA game, and ran it on my gpSP port, and entered that in as an entry? :)

From what I remember, this contest doesn't accept emulators as entries.
What if I made a GBA game, and ran it on my gpSP port, and entered that in as an entry? :)
Ill have to check with Magnus as me and him discuss any rule debates, but that would most certainly be an interesting entry indeed lol.

To everyone, 11 days and 1 hour and 54 minutes till the deadline :)

Also, I have received many new donations towards the contest since this news article, and am slammed with schoolwork right now. I will be updating the site within the next 2 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have to find something I made for the GBA and kept. But I figured it'd be a weird/notable entry for your contest. :)

Zodttd, no offense dude, but I though this contest would be for original GP2X-native games. Don't take this as a slap on your emulator efforts, but it'd be nice if we kept this contest as it was first intended, and encouraged GP2X homebrew game makers for a change.

- Alex

Alex. posted on Dec 1 2006 at 09:01 PM said:
Zodttd, no offense dude, but I though this contest would be for original GP2X-native games. Don't take this as a slap on your emulator efforts, but it'd be nice if we kept this contest as it was first intended, and encouraged GP2X homebrew game makers for a change.

- Alex

I agree, your emulators are fantastic however the gp2x needs some real quality original homebrew titles. The contest should encourage these types of games. A good homebrew winner will help the gp2x's image move away from being some crazy "pirate device" that only supernerds can figure out.

Last edited by a moderator:
After looking over the rules, sorry zodttd, it says rather clearly no emu's of any sort, nor ports, this would sorta fall under both.

Have any more donations come in? It seems like this thread reminded some people who were planning on donating.

I wish I could answer that, but I seem to have misplaced my password. Psy will be able to give some more feedback on the donation situation.

Just so you know:
DONATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED ALL THE WAY UP UNTIL THE FINAL DECISION HAS BEEN MADE!

I'm pretty psyched about this whole thing. We're closing in on the final day, and I'm hoping to see some good stuff! If you don't have anything you deem worthy of sending it, send it in anyway. Nothing is ever as annoying as when you drop out of a contest because you think your work stinks only to learn that the winner was ten times more crap than you. So enter!!!

Yes, about 8 donations varying from 4 euro to 15 euro have come in, which has boosted the prize pot to around 650 ish I think (dont quote me on that). I will be updating the site when I get some time.

Back