Gp2x Community Game Contest - Games Ready To Download!

Crossroads:

System: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (2.2GHz dual-core), 1GB RAM
Language: C/SDL (Paeryn)
Tool chain: ooPo's toolchain with Guyfawkes' lib package
IDE: gedit and a terminal
Graphics: The GIMP

I think I found a bug with Altitude. If I die on Level 3, when I resume with my next life... there are no more obstacles!

Yes, I have noticed this one as well. But thanks for mentioning it. Ill fix it in the next version.

Hey peeps - as it looks like nearly everybody who entered has posted in this thread, would any of you mind detailing what you used to develop your games? OS, IDE, environment, etc? It would be interesting to see...

Sure. Heres my list :

Language : Fenix
Editor : Gedit
Graphics : GIMP and Blender

I did most of the development of grow on my powerbook (OSX, X-Code, SDL) and then compiled up the GP2X binary on my work PC (XP) using the easy cheesy unzip 'n go official SDK.

Suggestion for Altitude after playing it more -- would it be possible to map the "Up" control to another button as well (any of the four face-buttons A/X/B/Y)? I always prefer that in gravity games...

For Squares:
System: AMD XP 2400 - did have 1GB memory but it went tits up over the weekend so down to 512MB :)
Language: C/C++
Tool chain: oopos toolchain and my libs
IDE: Visual Studio - I do 99% of my coding and testing in a windows build of the game before compiling for GP2X.
Graphics: Paint and Paint Shop Pro (I suck at drawing)
Sound: Sound Forge

Orkie posted on Dec 22 2006 at 04:20 AM said:
Ubuntu 6.10, C++, oopo's toolchain with gedit and the GIMP.

How great is ubuntu? I've used so many different types of linux over the years, but ubuntu is the first that's gotten it almost right!

It is the first distribution that makes me really dislike using windows at work!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
dodgyville posted on Dec 22 2006 at 12:11 AM said:

How great is ubuntu? I've used so many different types of linux over the years, but ubuntu is the first that's gotten it almost right!

It is the first distribution that makes me really dislike using windows at work!!!
This is off topic, but, is it easy to install it to be a dual boot?

sam fisher posted on Dec 21 2006 at 07:32 PM said:
dodgyville posted on Dec 22 2006 at 12:11 AM said:

This is off topic, but, is it easy to install it to be a dual boot?
If XP is already installed, then ubuntu will configure grub for you and auto add in the entries for dual boot.

Suggestion for Altitude after playing it more -- would it be possible to map the "Up" control to another button as well (any of the four face-buttons A/X/B/Y)? I always prefer that in gravity games...

The reason I have the current controls is so that two players can play on a single device, one using the stick and the other using the four buttons. But Ill add an extra Up-button when in single player mode in the next version.

For Laser2x that would be:

System: P4 1.7GHz, 1G RAM
Language: JAVA using Fungostars JAMVM Port and SDL bindings
IDE: Eclipse

prairiefire posted on Dec 19 2006 at 04:33 PM said:
Goity, in the 150cc class, final trophy: I notice if i touch the sides of the track, i get reset to the beginning of the course. Is this a bug or by design? (I hope not by design.. i'll never beat the game) :)
It is in fact possible to do this level. Here's a clue: the levels can be done any way you like, as long as you touch the start and middle of each track. This is only 100% possible by keeping on the track, but there is another way to play...

Imerion posted on Dec 22 2006 at 04:39 PM said:
The reason I have the current controls is so that two players can play on a single device, one using the stick and the other using the four buttons. But Ill add an extra Up-button when in single player mode in the next version.

Thanks! You could also make the shoulder buttons be an extra "up" control for two-player, or does that do something else later in the game?

sam fisher posted on Dec 23 2006 at 02:54 AM said:
Goity posted on Dec 22 2006 at 05:50 PM said:
For GoitGP:

System: Athlon 2200+, 4Gb Ram
Language: Fenix
IDE: Flamebird
You have 4GB of ram, whoa...
Pay close attention to what I said...

Draken posted on Dec 23 2006 at 11:54 AM said:
There's a difference between 4GB and 4Gb =)

Yes one means GigaByte the other means GigaBit.

So its like this:
( 4 GigaBytes = 4096megs )
( 4 GigaBits = 512megs )

GP2X_Coder posted on Dec 23 2006 at 05:00 PM said:
Draken posted on Dec 23 2006 at 11:54 AM said:
There's a difference between 4GB and 4Gb =)

Yes one means GigaByte the other means GigaBit.

So its like this:
( 4 GigaBytes = 4096megs )
( 4 GigaBits = 512megs )
yupyup

Back