Global Components did it again :)

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
As you might know, we had a second run of PCBs using the DM3730, and we trashed another PCBs with different methods (so it's about 120 non-working PCBs alltogether... whew, that's some money).

However, GC did it again: One of the methods proved to be reliable - and has a failure rate of less than 5%.

Which means:

We can now both produce 1GHz and 600MHz units at production speed (means: 250 units per week!)

The only thing left now is to sell them - that's where you all can help. Share the word, show others your Pandora if you like it, etc.

We're having a big booth at the GamesCom next week which will surely also trigger quite a few more sales.

Every 1GHz order finances one old preorder, every three 600MHz orders finance one old preorder as well.

I'll send the next 40 1GHz units to Craig tomorrow as well as 22 600MHz units. I'll also ship 30 1GHz units to my customers tomorrow (need some left for the GamesCom, of course), and when I come back from the GamesCom, I should have a lot more units from GC lying at home which will then be sent to the remaining preorders.

So I guess in about two weeks we'll have both the 1GHz and 600MHz units available from stock - and then some more 256MB CC-units, when I find more time to fix the remaining PCBs. These will be the units for little money.

Thanks for your patience - and now it's time to take on the world :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Come in number 46, Loonie is ready.

What a major contrast to CC.

Awesome news! :D

So where are the naysayer brigade at? I've been lurking around long enough to know someone is going to show up and say something.

What a major contrast to CC.

True :)

CC wasn't even able to tell me how many PCBs they still have left to fix and send us... and I asked 14 months ago and reminded them two weeks ago.

The usual answer "I'll check it and will let you know this week".

I wonder how long a CC week is...

Too bad we couldn't use GC from he very beginning... two years ago selling the Pandora would've been a way more easy. But we'll do it.

And I know what company I want to use for a possible Pandora 2... :)

cc? lol

Awsome news cant wait till the day ive got some spare cash to purchase one of these sexy beasts. Good work GC, ED love you x

It is good to finally see a post again saying 'units are shipping'. These types of posts have been to infrequent lately.

Jumping on the 600MHz sales, please send people to my shop in the US, free UPS Ground shipping this month, this money goes back to ED, so supporting Ithic.com supports funding old preorders as well.I don't have 1GHz units, but now that Global Components has a method of mass production for them, maybe that will change once Craig and ED get the preorders wrapped up.

ED, thanks for the update and all of your efforts over the past year at getting production stabilized, investments secured, and not giving up. A BIG thanks to Craig for letting this happen as well because he could have just said screw it and folded Open Pandora LTD in the UK.

Please give Global Components a "Hallo" from me and a Thank You as well.

When you say every 1GHz order finances an old preorder you mean a totally new one right, not an upgrade, right..?

But maybe I'll upgrade one of these days anyway..

I wonder how much money Pandora could have been sold for if GC were picked from the start? $400 perhaps?

I knew this could be done! Switching to different manufacturers tends to result in a bit of trial and error, while the company comes to terms with the product in question. I've been waiting since September 2010 and cannot wait to get my hands on a Pandora! I have one question for ED: Won't the PCB's from Circuit Co be affected by oxidation? They've been sitting there for a long time, therefore, they are probably risky purchases. how much would one of those cost?

Thats great news! Time for some heavy marketing.
Dont want to sound negative, but casue of the history i would throw caution to the wind and avoid heavy marketing for a short while till a decent number have shipped to let existing outstanding orders catch up. Just incase the influx of negative Wheres my pandora stupid posts pop up all over the boards again and put off first time vistors to the site and boards, cause those post can be extremely negative at times and create doubt. When really its an awsome product which deserves and will reach the masses. No home is complete with out a pandora residing inside

Back