Gamescom, sensor upgrade and other nice news

Yeah I have some Analogs I got online that I may use, but I'm still mulling around if I'll put them on the unit or construct some kind of plug in controller.
Just put them on the device where they belong and get some Mickey Mouse gloves to make up for the increased size! ;)

Can you still find them? I'd like to have a look.
There were a -lot- of them. _wb_ had several that were omni-linguistic.

In my keyboard development thread:
https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/th...etely-different-keyboard-option.74833/page-13

I did one that was a bit 'out there'. It could, theoretically, do any western language relatively efficiently.
http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/layouts/8dd1e9233859956f9cc9e1294758550c

Yes, those are symbols on keys for Fn+Shift+key. That is why you see "Don't Panic" on the space bar. People flipped out a bit thinking they couldn't do English on this.

If you stroll through that whole thread you can see an evolutionary string of what I worked on. There are dozens of threads with hundreds of keyboard mock ups though. Mine were just the easiest for me to find.

The end result that we have is a collaborative amalgamation with input and pieces from many people's efforts. The design is truly community created.

I absolutely cannot wait to see videos of the prototypes in action and to hear feedback on the new nubs.

@TrashyMG does it make sense to make a thumb-oriented keyboard into a finger-based keyboard, especially because of the lack of shoulder modifiers there...? though if it turns out to be a decent layout for fingers, i'd be interested, for a portable mechanical keyboard solution...

@TrashyMG does it make sense to make a thumb-oriented keyboard into a finger-based keyboard, especially because of the lack of shoulder modifiers there...? though if it turns out to be a decent layout for fingers, i'd be interested, for a portable mechanical keyboard solution...
Prob not, but I already paid big money for the laser cutting my design and not doing it again.

Prob not, but I already paid big money for the laser cutting my design and not doing it again.
Personally, I'm interested in seeing your whole project progress on this start to finish if you're willing to write it up. I think it's freekin' cool.

I understand the whole 'project of passion' thing. Obcess on the details and spend the money to make it just so - not because someone else wants it that way, but because you do.

That clear pyra is giving me DMG gameboy vibes. I want it badly.:( shame I'm broke-r then a one legged man who fell down a mountain onto the worlds longest escalator.

That clear pyra is giving me DMG gameboy vibes. I want it badly.:( shame I'm broke-r then a one legged man who fell down a mountain onto the worlds longest escalator.

First thing I'm doing when I get a clear pyra is sitting it next to my Play It Loud! clear DMG and then posting said picture online for countless internet points. It shall be glorious.

vQ7T6XN.png

Clear case gives me the cheap toy vibe.

So does my Pandora with it's eroded silver paint. My black case Pandora doesn't look as cheap.

I want a clear pyra because of its absurdity and uniqueness. Also with it people would really ask you. What is that thing?
Also if it looks cheap I doubt somebody is going to try to mug me with a 44 magnum for it.

Last edited:
Correct, there is no paint this time unlike the Pandora.

Back