Finalizing everything!

So ED is getting the Pre - order pages ready for the May 1st go live.

Looks like the options are

Last edited:
I so want that 4GB US 4G one but wouldn't be able to "preorder" until the end of July and wouldn't have the rest of the money until the end of August.

Oh ED. Please just have 2 options. Everyone is gonna get confused out of their mind. We should all think of s clever compromise.

speaking of unblocking, i'll need to tell my bank to unblock, too.

being picky: in the more info - tech specs: the Pyra specs for the 4GB one still say 2GB. you may want to say "2GB / 4GB RAM"

i think it's amazing we get the choice now, or at least can vote with our wallets for the hopeful contestants :)
also, the new renders look great, keyboards are fine, too. 5% discount for bulk pyras... nice.

So 2GB and 4GB models are going to be happening then? And will the 2GB models use 2x16-bit chips with half the bandwidth or what?

To be decided. "* At the product page here you can choose whether you want a 2GB or 4GB RAM version. It's not 100% clear that we'll create a 4GB RAM version, so if we won't produce one, you'll the 2GB version." in the description.

I really hope he doesn't cheap out and put just the two chips in the 2GB version.

I see the MicroSD slot in the photo of the bottom, but no place to put a SIM??

Also, are any of the LEDs bright enough to be used as a flashlight?
[doublepost=1461995185,1461994946][/doublepost]Also, it's not clear yet to me if the modem can be moved from one Pyra to another. If it can, I'm inclined to get 1 Mobile + 1 Standard, but if not I'd need my backup unit to be Mobile... If this is undecided, can I preorder 2x Mobile and downgrade one to Standard for the final purchase? Or buy Mobile+Standard+100EUR voucher, and upgrade the Standard+voucher later?

Are you talking about the pics on the preorder pages? That slot I mentioned is under the battery, and not visible from the outside.
[doublepost=1461995532,1461995445][/doublepost]
Wait, so if I'm using a SIM, it's impossible to use a microSD???
You can use both afaik, it is like a frame that holds both cards and lines them up to make the electrical connections.

To be decided. "* At the product page here you can choose whether you want a 2GB or 4GB RAM version. It's not 100% clear that we'll create a 4GB RAM version, so if we won't produce one, you'll the 2GB version." in the description.

I really hope he doesn't cheap out and put just the two chips in the 2GB version.

Thanks, that clarifies things. Or rather, retains the lack of clarity for the time being ;)

I really wish ED would comment on this though, I'm concerned that there could be an issue he isn't aware of and may not be until it's too late. Guess I should fire up a PM at some point.

@EvilDragon I am willing to go through your descriptions and fix typos and spelling errors. I just don't want people to have stupid reasons to tell others not to preorder.

Does the RAM is soldered or we can buy it later and send you back the Pyra to add it, or add it by ourselves?

Back