Finalizing everything!

Don't worry, your order is saved in the shop.
Let me know details (name, email address, etc.) via PM and I can resend it.

Your place in the queue is already fixed, so that doesn't need to be sorted out right away.
I can't find the PM button on this new forum software.

How big will be the diverenc from CC Pandora to the Mobile Edition Ultra (4gb) ??
Usaly, i awaken at 7:00 am (morning)..
Is there also a way to buy it via Smartphone??

I'm leaning towards the 2 gigabyte 4g Eu model. The 4 gigabyte model drives the price past what I'm comfortable with.
Is 4 gigabyte absolutely needed? What specific use cases will require that much?

Will emulators and games/software benefit in any meaningful way from the extra 2 gigs?
I don't consider having a gazillion windows open to be a meaningful use.

I think the vibrator should be standard in all models. It's likely to be used and everyone will get the same experience. Coders will easily be able to use the rumble motor, emu's and games etc.

I'm not 100% convinced that having 2 models won't fracture the market somewhat? Also the 4 gig model sure is expensive. Is it too expensive? Do we really need it?

I can understand some folk wanting wi-fi only and others wanting 4g and wi-fi. So the extra sensors are all on the same chip as the cellular module?
In an ideal world all models would have rumble and all the additional sensors. Only difference between models would be 4g or not to 4g. To be or not to be.

For me, the 4gb isnt realy needet, but it is nice to have, ..
Mybe its just because i want the best modell, because i have the "cheapest" Pandora whit only 256mb Ram, so i want it on Pyra to compensate...

So i will get me the Mobile Edition 4gb

I can think of a few use cases like Minecraft that may drive the need above 2GB of system RAM. My concern is how the 2GB system memory is implemented. If it's 512MB x 4 it should be in proper dual channel mode. If it's using 1GBx2 it will be in single channel mode and have poorer performance.

For me, the 4gb isnt realy needet, but it is nice to have, ..
Mybe its just because i want the best modell, because i have the "cheapest" Pandora whit only 256mb Ram, so i want it on Pyra to compensate...

So i will get me the Mobile Edition 4gb
Yeah, I want the best model too, but I figure 4g gives me all the sensors too- I suspect all pyra games/software will target all models- there won't be any 4 gigabyte specifiec stuff made.
[doublepost=1462040623,1462040423][/doublepost]
I can think of a few use cases like Minecraft that may drive the need above 2GB of system RAM. My concern is how the 2GB system memory is implemented. If it's 512MB x 4 it should be in proper dual channel mode. If it's using 1GBx2 it will be in single channel mode and have poorer performance.
Don't care for minecraft but perhaps there is other software that might use such an amount of ram? I see, and are the same concerns present for the 4 gigabyte ram? That would be 512 x 8?

monk.jpg

My concern is how the 2GB system memory is implemented. If it's 512MB x 4 it should be in proper dual channel mode. If it's using 1GBx2 it will be in single channel mode and have poorer performance.
Don't care for minecraft but perhaps there is other software that might use such an amount of ram? I see, and are the same concerns present for the 4 gigabyte ram? That would be 512 x 8?

no, ED mentioned doing 1GB x 4 for the 4GB (there are only 4 spots I believe), and originally it was 512MB x 4 for the 2GB. the issue is going to 1GB x 2...

no, ED mentioned doing 1GB x 4 for the 4GB (there are only 4 spots I believe), and originally it was 512MB x 4 for the 2GB. the issue is going to 1GB x 2...
O.K. Perhaps ed will clear this up in his faq. I'm all set with 390.00 euros in my account and I only had to sell my soul to a man named Nick...

Yeah, I want the best model too, but I figure 4g gives me all the sensors too- I suspect all pyra games/software will target all models- there won't be any 4 gigabyte specifiec stuff made.
[doublepost=1462040623,1462040423][/doublepost]
Don't care for minecraft but perhaps there is other software that might use such an amount of ram?
Linux for instance, if you provide the need.
Not saying you'd need 4GB, but - out of curiosity - why must there be a single application making use of 4GB to justify 4 GB of RAM?

Ok, so I've been watching the Pyra forums for a year now, but just registered so I could chime in on this one (first post). I would also like to see the vibramotor on the standard model. But regardless, I'm planning to preorder one of the standard models if they don't sell out before I get there...

Linux for instance, if you provide the need.
Not saying you'd need 4GB, but - out of curiosity - why must there be a single application making use of 4GB to justify 4 GB of RAM?
I guess there does not have to be a single application that justifies the extra ram. It's only if certain software would not run properly on 2 gig models whilst it ran fine on 4 gig models. People with 2 gig models might be pissed? I imagine 4 gig would speed up stuff in general though.

I guess there does not have to be a single application that justifies the extra ram. It's only if certain software would not run properly on 2 gig models whilst it ran fine on 4 gig models. People with 2 gig models might be pissed? I imagine 4 gig would speed up stuff in general though.
"In general" only, if linux or some software makes use of free memory to speed up some things. I don't know about that. Someone? (And of course, if the 2GB model only drives one of two available channels - as already pointed out.)

Do you have the details for the US and EU modem?
I live in The Netherlands right now for work but I plan to move back to the states. So I'm wondering if I bought an EU version if one of the US mobiles would still work.
This is my real question/issue. I don't need mobile data but it would be nice to have (and I want GPS). But I go to the EU a lot. All I really want/need is 3G world wide, so I need to know which option can do that. Any 4G anywhere would be kind of an unused bonus

Someone else will have to link the frequencies on the EU 4G module, but I've used both the ZTE Open and the Firefox Flame (both non-US phones) on T-Mobile here in the states. Will it have 4G? I'm not sure, but 3G and cell should work where available.

So Ting/T-Mobile will probably work, not sure about ATT.

Don't care for minecraft but perhaps there is other software that might use such an amount of ram?
Monitoring several newsfeeds (e.g. Twitter) that tend to be extremely heavy on images and videos while running a knowledgebase in the background, prolonged usage of Google's street view feature, qualitative data analysis, etc. etc.

Thank you @EvilDragon, one last question. If you decided to launch it, could I buy a "normal" Pyra preorder and then change it for a "low specs" Pyra?

Back