My favourite is...

• Logo Nr. 1

Votes: 147 55.3%
  • Logo Nr. 2

Votes: 119 44.7%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is something I would like to know... are we choosing the logo for the company or for the device only, because if they are planning on making future devises after the Pyra, then I don't see why the logo needs to be directly related to the name "Pyra", or are  they going to name the future devises "dragonbox: Pyra 2" and maybe "drangonbox: Pyra 3"?

...If that's not the case then, I really recommend not to use the dp logo, I don't think it is appealing and it would need to be changed for future devises.

I would like to see Dragonbox: [something else] ...I like Pyra for the name of a specific model, not for a whole series of products, that's kind of boring.

So far, what I understand is that the name of the company is DRAGONBOX ...am I wrong?

should't we choose a logo that will refer people to the company rather than to the device it self? 

and now, you may be asking: and what does the logo number 2 has to do with DragonBox? ...not much, but it's way more appealing and interesting, it awakens people's curiosity as soon as they look at it. 

...I mean what does apples have to do with computers? nothing really, I'm not a big fan but Apple still sells a lot even if what they sell is limited and closed in almost every way. That's because they turned their brand into an object of desire. that's the trick and I think Option 2 does the trick! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really see a flame in #2, only some kind of pyramid -- which is not that bad for a pyra logo, but it's not quite the right etymological connection.
Funny. I find #2 immediately recognizable as a flame. Somehow I always think there's a torch beneath... Maybe there's a similar logo somewhere around?

We aren't keeping the same logo from Pandora. Why put that restriction on Pyra?

and now, you may be asking: and what does the logo number 2 has to do with DragonBox? ...not much, but it's way more appealing and interesting, it awakens people's curiosity as soon as they look at it. 

...I mean what does apples have to do with computers? nothing really, I'm not a big fan but Apple still sells a lot even if what they sell is limited and closed in almost every way. That's because they turned their brand into an object of desire. that's the trick and I think Option 2 does the trick! ;)
Link

I'm voting for number 2.

I'm assuming that these logos will have the word Pyra written underneath them. I'm also assuming the first logo's 'dp' stands for 'Dragonbox Pyra'. That would render logo 1, with font underneath, as 'dp PYRA' or 'dragonbox pyra PYRA'. If anything, logo 1 should be 'db' for 'dragonbox', making it 'db PYRA'.

'db' would still offer symmetry with the logo, albeit along the y axis as opposed to rotational.

I don't really see a flame in #2, only some kind of pyramid -- which is not that bad for a pyra logo, but it's not quite the right etymological connection.
Funny. I find #2 immediately recognizable as a flame. Somehow I always think there's a torch beneath... Maybe there's a similar logo somewhere around?
Now there's a thought... you could make the word Pyra underneath it look like the head of a torch... :)

- Neelix

If anything, logo 1 should be 'db' for 'dragonbox', making it 'db PYRA'.

'db' would still offer symmetry with the logo, albeit along the y axis as opposed to rotational.
image.png

It sure is nice to see a new post on the Official Pyra News Topic. I was getting kind of anxious as far as what has been going on lately. I had a feeling another poll on the logo would open and I am happy it did.

There is something I would like to know... are we choosing the logo for the company or for the device only, because if they are planning on making future devises after the Pyra, then I don't see why the logo needs to be directly related to the name "Pyra", or are  they going to name the future devises "dragonbox: Pyra 2" and maybe "drangonbox: Pyra 3"?

...If that's not the case then, I really recommend not to use the dp logo, I don't think it is appealing and it would need to be changed for future devises.

I would like to see Dragonbox: [something else] ...I like Pyra for the name of a specific model, not for a whole series of products, that's kind of boring.

So far, what I understand is that the name of the company is DRAGONBOX ...am I wrong?

should't we choose a logo that will refer people to the company rather than to the device it self? 

Well there was a poll before this one, and we are voting on the logo for the device. I think it was just a coincidence that it looks like a dp...but it doesn't necessarily mean it has to mean dragonbox pyra. That's just what it looks like to some people. I didn't even think about it until others brought it up in the other thread. Read through the old logo poll thread and you will see how it all started. But like you said, if you don't like number one, pick number too. It is a poll for us to choose which one we like the most based off appearance. In the last poll there was a tie between these two logos.

We aren't keeping the same logo from Pandora. Why put that restriction on Pyra?
Because a logo is made to identify a company or a series, it is important for marketing.

@Fusion_Power, Well done I tried to do it without success.

Look better once flipped IMO.

14041206275470990.png

(font: Gentium Basic,DejaVu Serif)

Here is Number 1 with further tweaking:

This one I'm completely happy with.

However, further tweaking is always possible. Opinions?

....Hopefully 1 will remain in the lead... This would look great on the lid...
Well done.

Like it :) .

@Fusion_Power, That looks really nice actually :)

I like that a lot, definitely prefer it that way up too, rather than at 90degree like Kiga demonstrated there, I think that makes it look too much like a letter , and you lose the [P] style, though what Kiga done there with the font, using the [P] of that style, looks awesome, would have to have the logo that correct way up though so reads as [D/P] then have the word PYRA beneath it, with that [P].

3324fgk.png

Excellent

edit: also I modified the #2 logo as I think it needed more balancing...

logo2mod.jpg
logo2mod2.jpg
 If #2 somehow won instead of #1, I would want the final version to look like the one you made on the right.

Here is a variation I sketched this morning: (I'm not saying this is final, just a possibility, there are other tweaks I want to try as well)

Looks less dp, more flame like, and for those who really want to they can still see d ragonbox p yra if the really wish.

In my opinion this variation is more balanced and elegant. Did I mention it looks more like a flame? :)
Looks nice. Also helps to get rid of the "V" that some people were seeing.

The device, like the logo for the Nintendo DS:

big13722.png

Here is Number 1 with further tweaking:

This one I'm completely happy with.

However, further tweaking is always possible. Opinions?

....Hopefully 1 will remain in the lead... This would look great on the lid...
I like this one, too. However, I prefer your first variation. This one feels too blocky.

-God Ginrai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back