Logo twerking

It will be RGB and it can be fully controlled via userspace. Two LEDs in the bottom will also be RGB.
Rather OT, but will that be all LEDs on the Pyra (I'm thinking specifically about SD-Card activity)?
Yes, everything else would be quite expensive - you need busses to control the LEDs.

SD Card Activity shouldn't be a problem with RGB LEDs: Use one LED and activity of slot 1 is green and slot 2 is blue, for example.

Or mix whatever colors you want.

It will be RGB and it can be fully controlled via userspace. Two LEDs in the bottom will also be RGB.
Rather OT, but will that be all LEDs on the Pyra (I'm thinking specifically about SD-Card activity)?
Yes, everything else would be quite expensive - you need busses to control the LEDs.

SD Card Activity shouldn't be a problem with RGB LEDs: Use one LED and activity of slot 1 is green and slot 2 is blue, for example.

Or mix whatever colors you want.
To give an example:

You could make the normal color of the logo a bright flickering of orange-yellow , which gradually fades to a dark red as the battery goes down, with pulses of bright red if it gets critically low. Bluetooth activity could be flashes of sky blue and network activity could be flashes of purple for download and cyan for upload. The left SD slot could be blue and the right one could be green . Incoming messages could be indicated with pulses of white ◻, at a rate of k Hz if you've got k new messages.

Controllable RGB leds are nice.

You could make the normal color of the logo a bright flickering of orange-yellow , which gradually fades to a dark red as the battery goes down, with pulses of bright red if it gets critically low. Bluetooth activity could be flashes of sky blue and network activity could be flashes of purple for download and cyan for upload. The left SD slot could be blue and the right one could be green . Incoming messages could be indicated with pulses of white ◻, at a rate of k Hz if you've got k new messages.

No offence regarding your ideas and creativity, but I don't want a device that looks like it came from a christmas lights designer on an LSD trip ^_^

No offence regarding your ideas and creativity, but I don't want a device that looks like it came from a christmas lights designer on an LSD trip ^_^
That's a bit overkill... yes :D

But as it's userspace, it's up to the user what he wants to do.

The powerswitch will have an RGB LED as well, so the button could be green for a full battery and fade via yellow, orange into a red.

So you could always see the battery status if you like.

I'm not saying I would want that myself ;) but it would be possible.

Just the "dying flame" battery indicator would be pretty nice though -- even though I would probably make it something you can toggle when the lid is closed, by pressing a shoulder button or something. Don't want to walk around with a fire in my pocket all the time :)

The powerswitch will have an RGB LED as well, so the button could be green for a full battery and fade via yellow, orange into a red.

My only gripe is that the amount of information I can get depends on wether the Pyra is open or not. No big deal, but a step backwards compared to the Pandora as the LEDs where placed so it did not matter at all.

My only gripe is that the amount of information I can get depends on wether the Pyra is open or not. No big deal, but a step backwards compared to the Pandora as the LEDs where placed so it did not matter at all.
You can just duplicate the lid logo led behavior to one of the leds in the base as soon as the lid is opened, so you get the exact same information whether the lid is open or closed without needing to look behind the screen.

I'm not saying I would want that myself ;) but it would be possible.

Just the "dying flame" battery indicator would be pretty nice though -- even though I would probably make it something you can toggle when the lid is closed, by pressing a shoulder button or something. Don't want to walk around with a fire in my pocket all the time :)
Starting with white then going all the way to a flicker, "dying flame" should definitely be a option just on its own. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
You can just duplicate the lid logo led behavior to one of the leds in the base as soon as the lid is opened, so you get the exact same information whether the lid is open or closed without needing to look behind the screen.
And the other way round too, but then I'll have to deal with that nutty decoration designer again > too much information for one "source"

Without a frame of reference to tell them otherwise

- Neelix
Well, like I said, the name would probably be on there. Whether that be

the full name or Pyra.
Based on what?   The Pandora doesn't have Pandora written on the lid,  it just has a logo.   Also unless it has the full name there, it will fail to provide a frame of reference for the acronym DP.

- Neelix

Without a frame of reference to tell them otherwise

- Neelix
Well, like I said, the name would probably be on there. Whether that be

the full name or Pyra.
Based on what?   The Pandora doesn't have Pandora written on the lid,  it just has a logo.   Also unless it has the full name there, it will fail to provide a frame of reference for the acronym DP.

- Neelix
I don't think anyone wants to put the acronym "DP", in plain letters, on the lid. None of the logo proposals I've seen look like that. They are all some kind of abstract flame-like object, and some of them you can interpret as "DP" (or rather "dP") if you know what to look for, but none of them scream DEUTSCHE POST or whatever it is you're worried about ;)

Why can't we just skip such nonsense, that is only there to "show off" and has no usage at all? Why not spend the money and/or effort on something usefull? I would even support Natsus idea of an additional speaker and microphone to make the Pyra more "phony" if it would mean to skip this
It's useless to have an RGB LED outside of the case which is fully programmable and can be used for notifications?

Or show the charging level?
Hmm, not sure if the lid outside is the best place for these lights. When I use the Handheld, lid is open and I can't see the lights. And when the shell is closed, the device usualy is off so again no lights. ;)

I expect an durable, rigid case for the Pyra, so every hole there can be risky. I hope at least the designers find a way to solve this problem, depending on how the final logo really looks like.

pyralogo27.png

pyralogo27b.png

Back