My favourite is...

• Logo Nr. 1

Votes: 147 55.3%
  • Logo Nr. 2

Votes: 119 44.7%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because a logo is made to identify a company or a series, it is important for marketing.
Then why aren't we keeping the same logo as Pandora? If that was really a concern, then ED would have said something.  

I not sure if I like the fusion nor it flipped, but here is db.

14041206275470990.png

Please everyone choose number 2. Please. Please. Pleeeeaaaassseee! :lol:
No. :mellow:
I like this one, too. However, I prefer your first variation. This one feels too blocky.

-God Ginrai
This.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would rather the shortened lines in their version remain a little bit longer though, myself.
It's not clear to me which lines in which logo you're refering to??
2r7n12o.jpg

These lines in this logo, the first version you've shared in this thread.  I think you shortened them in order for the halves to look a little less like letters.  I enjoy them being a little bit longer.  Another part of why I like this version is the tightly pinched openings between the points, unlike the wider spaced openings in your later edits, which look closer to V's than your first, I agree.

2r7n12o.jpg

These lines in this logo, the first version you've shared in this thread.  I think you shortened them in order for the halves to look a little less like letters.  I enjoy them being a little bit longer.  Another part of why I like this version is the tightly pinched openings between the points, unlike the wider spaced openings in your later edits, which look closer to V's than your first, I agree.
FaeMinx didn't shorten the lines. He just tilted the lines that make the outline so that they end closer to the tips of the lines you believe were shortened.

-God Ginrai

Variation no 3:

FaeMinx if possible could you thin just a touch the outer lines, the inner lines, or either one of the letters to see how it looks?

Honestly these n°1 are ugly, yes ambigrams are cool, yes dp is cool but that look like pulp, n°2 is original,strong clean. I think two nigh tortuous ropes isn't a good logo for the Pyra.

Capture_zps7aafa8cc.png

"I'm not going to tell you which ONE...I like the best"

Capture_zps207efb27.png

"I'm sorry, It's exciting I couldn't wait!"

Honestly these n°1 are ugly, yes ambigrams are cool, yes dp is cool but that look like pulp, n°2 is original,strong clean. I think two nigh tortuous ropes isn't a good logo for the Pyra.
n°2, as you call it, (I don't even know why you do...) looks like a nose. And #1 is far from ugly.

-God Ginrai

Subconscious manipulation! There's no "." after the "2"! This will affect the outcome!

:p
I don't even notice that. If anything, ED's post back there will affect results.
Honestly these n°2 are unappealing, yes it's tame, yes it's simple but looks like a blocky makeshift Assassin Creed logo, n°1 is sweet looking, looks like flames, is an ambigram, much more relatable to Pyra and memorable. I think two nigh unequal ant antennas isn't a good logo for the Pyra.

Variation no 3:
FaeMinx if possible could you thin just a touch the outer lines, the inner lines, or either one of the letters to see how it looks?
Is this what you had in mind?

To me it loses some balance as now the inner flame is too large in proportion to the lines (imo),

so I decided to play around and add another element to compensate for this:

Looks nice, but perhaps now it's too busy?

I'm tending to agree with the consensus that the first variation is the best... but of course Ed has the last word, and I'm curious about everyone's opinion... I'm happy to try other variations when I can steal some time.

P.s. I'm doing all this on my tablet, so my workflow is a bit frustrating (have been waiting for a motherboard replacement for about 2 months).

Using a combination of Sketchbook for Galaxy, CloverPaint, and LayerPaint.

I wonder if this:

pyralogo20-sm-i.png

counts as a "tweak" of proposal 1, or if it is too different.
The above was made on my Pandora, using Dia and Gimp. It's not hard to make variants of #1 in that way: you draw a flame-shaped "P" using a Beziergon, then render it to PNG, load it in the Gimp, add a 180 degree rotated copy of the P on a new layer, and move that layer around until it looks good. Anything you make in this way will be an ambigram. If you play around with it a bit, you can make all kinds of variations: even with the same "P", moving the "d" around can create lots of different overall shapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back