The Pyra-Logo

Very promising.  I like the way the uprights of the d and p shorten and lengthen as they flicker, and I'd suggest the other parts need to do similar.

One way to reduce the mesmeric effect might be to offset the phase of the d and the p pulsing. Them growing larger and smaller together makes it look a little like a heart beating too fast, so offset their phase by 180 degrees or maybe 90 degrees and that effect should be minimised (and hopefully doesn't introduce some other awkward likeness).

Very promising.  I like the way the uprights of the d and p shorten and lengthen as they flicker, and I'd suggest the other parts need to do similar.

One way to reduce the mesmeric effect might be to offset the phase of the d and the p pulsing. Them growing larger and smaller together makes it look a little like a heart beating too fast, so offset their phase by 180 degrees or maybe 90 degrees and that effect should be minimised (and hopefully doesn't introduce some other awkward likeness).
0_o  I just now noticed that it looks like a heart.  I am slightly disturbed now.  I agree with Levi on the suggested changes.   

-Glyph Reader

Also made an attempt to create a more flamy one ... can't tell if that hypnotizing campfire effect is just me having done to much stuff in front of a screen today or if I succeeded ...

post-7796-0-73273600-1398887839.gif
Now that's an effect that I like. I think the colour looks too dark though.

- Neelix
Nice but but this reminds me of some Macarena shaking :D

Last edited by a moderator:
A little too fast, and a little too predictable I feel.  I wonder how much memory can be devoted to a crazy long fire animation.

Well this one is 1.7 Mb after I used Gimp to reduce it to 16 Colors (the original gif is 4.1Mb and if I don't use the gif but save the frames separately as png I get more than 60Mb).

Currently it repeats after 220 frames with 25ms per frame (should be 40fps).

Also here some new ones where I tried to use some of the feedback to improve them (this fine-tuning is pretty hard ... but I guess it's worth it, so I'm grateful for any feedback that will help me improve this even more):

flamy_pyra_logo3_16c.gifflamy_pyra_logo2_16c.gif

getting the right speed is really difficult ... I looked up some references on youtube (there are some videos of fireplaces and candles), but some are even faster then my first attempt (campfires and fireplaces) and some much slower (candle-flames hardly move at all). The fact that looking at it for too long disables me to tell if it's good or bad does not help as well.

Edit: since the new ones are ca. 1,5Mb each I will only put the thumbnails linking to the attachment in this post

Edit 2: @Levi: I will separate the animation of the d and the p as soon as I am satisfied with the animation when looking at just one of them in order to prevent duplicating work (doing changes first on p than the same ones on d)

Something you've done has made the lines appear a lot fatter sometimes? Don't think I like that. Also I think it could be slower still. Remember this is essentially a single flame you're animating, not an entire camp fire (which has much more energy). Your best bet is to light a candle and position it so that it is agitated by a slight breeze. You will notice how sporadic the flickering is... try to capture that. Random moments of almost lazy stillness, interspersed by flicks and agitation like the flame is trying to pull the wick out of the candle.

=~. O =

Well this one is 1.7 Mb after I used Gimp to reduce it to 16 Colors (the original gif is 4.1Mb and if I don't use the gif but save the frames separately as png I get more than 60Mb).

Also here some new ones where I tried to use some of the feedback to improve them (this fine-tuning is pretty hard ... but I guess it's worth it, so I'm grateful for any feedback that will help me improve this even more):
So, I guess you aren't doing this motion? Link

So, I guess you aren't doing this motion? Link
Ok :D

post-7796-0-02969600-1398943787.gif
post-7796-0-96741100-1398943675.gif

@FaeMinx: I think I have an idea on how to get that result. I will try this soon.

pyralogo_anim4_16c.gif

pyralogo_anim5_16c.gif

You're progressing quickly, that's great.  Next thing, the sides are different colors.  Wasn't this just going to be one LED?  If not I still don't like the separation, makes it harder for people to ignore the meaning and just see a fire emblem.

I was just creating a blend for fun and the purpose to enable me (and maybe others as well) to easily make some nice 3D animations of the logo to lets say make a nice intro for a Pyra exclusive game or for loading-screens (or icons on websites or animated bootscreen or presentations ...).

Of course I would be happy if this could also be used for something official.

Tenka, this is about the boot animation, not the LEDs. 
Oops.  Yes that makes more sense now.  But darn, this would be really really cool on the back of a black lid too.

BTW @x1212, you may want to use WebM instead of GIF. It will allow you to get a larger image/better quality with a smaller file size. 

Yes, WebM. (animated) WebP doesn't work in Firefox, animated PNG doesn't work in Chrome, WebM works in both.

I think it might look cool to have something that starts out as a single flame with red and orange, then transitions to the logo.  This was inspired by "flamy" logo2.  I was thinking a slowly flickering flame, then it can rotate or whatever (maybe the colors just move away from each other) and becomes the logo.  I don't think I am describing what I imagine well enough.

Back