Logo twerking

I see how it is. One person completely without any context or prompting says "looks like a swastika" and I get yelled at for daring to suggest that if one person saw it maybe we should investigate; meanwhile absolutely no one has yet to honestly say seeing the "dp" flames makes them think of *that* DP, but it's being seriously considered as a reason to push for a different logo because someone might hypothetically snicker a little bit.

pyralogo27b.png
I was going to quickly post my disdain of it not looking like a flame,being too much for the lid and as a logo itself, but after looking at it more, I admit that it does look kind of cool.

Can that "shadow effect" be done with this?

Umm... of course there's a milky transparent plastics in there... who gave you the crazy idea that it'll be just a hole? :eek:
 You Did (bolded for emphasis):

One thing important for the designs:

It needs to be cut out of the lid - so there can't be any holes in there.

I still don't like your first one, but when you mirror it, the design almost has a Gaelic knot feel to it, which makes it acceptable.

I should make a video of Nikolaus' LED test bootup - everything flickering in multiple colors :p
 If you do that, you gotta put "Wizards in Winter" by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra to it.

I see how it is. One person completely without any context or prompting says "looks like a swastika" and I get yelled at for daring to suggest that if one person saw it maybe we should investigate; meanwhile absolutely no one has yet to honestly say seeing the "dp" flames makes them think of *that* DP, but it's being seriously considered as a reason to push for a different logo because someone might hypothetically snicker a little bit.
Where is it being honestly considered? The only people who I have seen constantly pushing it are slaeshjag and Dunny.

-God Ginrai

I was going to quickly post my disdain of it not looking like a flame,being too much for the lid and as a logo itself, but after looking at it more, I admit that it does look kind of cool.

Can that "shadow effect" be done with this?
Sure, it's just a flipped copy on top of the original, with "Lighten only", at 25% opacity. But in this case the result is not very interesting: (too much overlap between the original and the "shadow")

pyralogo28.png

Umm... of course there's a milky transparent plastics in there... who gave you the crazy idea that it'll be just a hole? :eek:

You Did (bolded for emphasis):

One thing important for the designs:

It needs to be cut out of the lid - so there can't be any holes in there.

I suppose that only means it gets cut out and then filled with something else. I have no clue how they do that, but it's clear that you can't have floating islands of original material inside the sea of milky transparency.

Sure, it's just a flipped copy on top of the original, with "Lighten only", at 25% opacity. But in this case the result is not very interesting: (too much overlap between the original and the "shadow")
Maybe if it was tilted a little bit?

Another possibility:

*1dt3aS3
Idk. I think it would be better if the edges would match up with the shadows like inward one.
So these shadow ones are being considered, with the grey shown here being embossing and the white the cut out which will light up with the LED, right?

I think it could look nice with a matte/gloss style

matte/gloss...

...not Matt Goss :)

brothers-bros-431x300.jpg

rather than embossed.

So the black is the matte of the Pyra case...

The white is the cut out light up LED section...

And the grey is a gloss touch, just a thin line as shown on this logo above...

Could look nice I think, even if the Pyra is matte black, matte grey, matte blue, white, whatever colour

This is probably the 'safest' shadow option to go with.

Another possibility:

*1dt3aS3
Idk. I think it would be better if the edges would match up with the shadows like inward one.

So these shadow ones are being considered, with the grey shown here being embossing and the white the cut out which will light up with the LED, right?

I think it could look nice with a matte/gloss style

matte/gloss...

...not Matt Goss :)

brothers-bros-431x300.jpg
rather than embossed.

So the black is the matte of the Pyra case...

The white is the cut out light up LED section...

And the grey is a gloss touch, just a thin line as shown on this logo above...

Could look nice I think, even if the Pyra is matte black, matte grey, matte blue, white, whatever colour
But this is the one that has the most appeal for me...

I like how the shadow isn't just an offset like the safe option, but instead shows the logo is actually elevated directly above it's own shadow. To me it has more depth (pun intended) and is more interesting to look at.

Back