• Logo Nr. 1

Votes: 147 55.3%
  • Logo Nr. 2

Votes: 119 44.7%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't really tell what number two is supposed to be... what exactly is it? xD
So you can tell what n°1 is? VP? a coffee bean? or maybe a vagina?
Both of those things are cool enough that I haven't heard them insulted outside of very stingy greedy gay communities, yes the coffee bean too.

I can't really tell what number two is supposed to be... what exactly is it? xD
So you can tell what n°1 is? VP? a coffee bean? or maybe a vagina?
Both of those things are cool enough that I haven't heard them insulted outside of very stingy greedy gay communities, yes the coffee bean too.
Unfortunately, I don't think that vagina on my console will attract real vagina. In addition to look like a nolife, I would look like a pervert.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you think logo #1 looks like a vagina then you are really bad at human anatomy.  I think #2 is a much better approximation of a vagina. Neither of them is very convincing as a vagina logo though, so I wouldn't worry about it.

They are both horrible.. but I'm not really somebody with the best judgement so I'll leave it to you guys

If you think logo #1 looks like a vagina then you are really bad at human anatomy.  I think #2 is a much better approximation of a vagina. Neither of them is very convincing as a vagina logo though, so I wouldn't worry about it.
I know what is a vagina , but I'm talking about what people call a vagina.

I'm just wondering what is this logo,it looks like nothing actually and especially not dp. And I wonder why people who was yelling that former ambigram like this one

2iitq93.jpg

could be mingled with Pyrd are now supporting that clearly VP.

Variation no 3:
FaeMinx if possible could you thin just a touch the outer lines, the inner lines, or either one of the letters to see how it looks?
Is this what you had in mind?

To me it loses some balance as now the inner flame is too large in proportion to the lines (imo),

so I decided to play around and add another element to compensate for this:

Looks nice, but perhaps now it's too busy?

I'm tending to agree with the consensus that the first variation is the best... but of course Ed has the last word, and I'm curious about everyone's opinion... I'm happy to try other variations when I can steal some time.

P.s. I'm doing all this on my tablet, so my workflow is a bit frustrating (have been waiting for a motherboard replacement for about 2 months).

Using a combination of Sketchbook for Galaxy, CloverPaint, and LayerPaint.
That last one looks the best and has more of a fiery look to it. Nice work. Thank you for doing this.  :)  

@Fusion_Power, Well done I tried to do it without success.

Look better once flipped IMO.
@Fusion_Power, That looks really nice actually :)
Thanks, for a quick sketch it's OK I guess. ^^ However, I would like to see a less edgy version, a better mix in between the two logos, not as rounded as the first one but not as sharp edged as the second one. And the Pyramid / dp shape could be also more clear.

Designing a logo is indeed harder than it looks so thanks in general to all the great suggestions so far for an Pyra Logo. :)

I think it's more a stretch to see VP, especially with the most recent one.

That said,

can I see this one without gaps?

I feel the last image is too busy, and that adding more lines changes the design too much.  But FaeMinx's first could be perfect.

can I see this one without gaps?
You're being more vague than I am.

Because a logo is made to identify a company or a series, it is important for marketing.
Then why aren't we keeping the same logo as Pandora? If that was really a concern, then ED would have said something. 
Because Pyra is a new start, Ed said it... It would be a little concern if Pandora's logo was memorable but it is very banale.

I think it's more a stretch to see VP, especially with the most recent one.
 And it's even more a stretch to see dp.

Thanks, for a quick sketch it's OK I guess. ^^ However, I would like to see a less edgy version, a better mix in between the two logos, not as rounded as the first one but not as sharp edged as the second one. And the Pyramid / dp shape could be also more clear.
Designing a logo is indeed harder than it looks so thanks in general to all the great suggestions so far for an Pyra Logo. :)
I'm glad to read that it's a quick sketch, I like the P alone but the whole isn't balanced, congested in the middle with 2 excrescence

Because Pyra is a new start, Ed said it... It would be a little concern if Pandora's logo was memorable but it is very banale.
He would have said this is the logo for the company not the system.
And it's even more a stretch to see dp.
How is it "even" more of a stretch? The lines are clearly curved inward.

He would have said this is the logo for the company not the system.
I see no reason to have a logo if it's for changing it every 5 years, even if ED  wan it to be only for the Pyra it's a huge mistake to me. But I ain't complaining since I don't like all these logos.

How is it "even" more of a stretch? The lines are clearly curve inward.
But the tail is smaller, I can't see how someone could see dp if he don't know it.

That said,can I see this one without gaps?
You mean like this: ??

Or this...

Because I don't like either of them. ...especially the second one...*bleh*

Kiga said:
But the tail is smaller, I can't see how someone could see dp if he don't know it.
Perhaps that's a good thing...

Ok, I admit I was negatively biased towards closing the gaps, so I didn't do the best job I could have...

... my conscience kept on bugging me and wouldn't let me leave it as is, so I had to go back and fix what was clearly wrong:

I still don't like it much, but at least my conscience is clear...

Edit: Actually I don't mind it now that I look at it, but it's not my favorite...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back