Emails to remaining preorders.

EDIT:

Opps... got answered already. Thanks Craig.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've planned out quite a long solution to all this which I'm reasonably confident will work.

Unless some new disaster crops up ...

I'm a little confused as to how 1Ghz upgrades help Craig's situation (if they do). The upgrade money goes to ED, which helps the Pandora production situation, which is all good, but presumably Craig has to send the original preorder money to ED, thus making it the same as a refund from Craig's perspective.

I'm a little confused as to how 1Ghz upgrades help Craig's situation (if they do). The upgrade money goes to ED, which helps the Pandora production situation, which is all good, but presumably Craig has to send the original preorder money to ED, thus making it the same as a refund from Craig's perspective.

1 less pre-order is 1 less pre order liability. ED gets the money for the manufacture of the unit. Craig benefits by having 1 less pandora order to fill. A refund requires actual money to be sent from OPUK.

Craig is not sending any money to ED for the new 1GHZ upgrades. In fact ED is out of pocket for all of the 1GHZ orders placed through Craigs shop this year, because that money was used for refunds.

Are these really 'ready to ship,' as the email says?

"Email"? You mean you've gotten "the" email already?

Email I got early this morning PST just explained the PCB situation and the limited run of "Super-Pandora 2.0," asking us to upgrade to that unit for Christmas for $350 and to reply if interested in upgrading.

Not sure if that's "the" email, but it's certainly a preliminary email.

If these are ready-to-go (vs. upgrade and wait some more), I'm pretty sure I can convince myself.

The email says "we have these units ready to ship," but I really want to be sure that's true before I dig deeper.

Ed is making the new batch now, we won't take your money until your unit is about to be built.

As for money for refunds, don't panic, there are behind the scenes things happening to address that.

Don't you see he is posting "updates" just to push everything further in time? I have same with my refund - pushing from month to month "because of something". Can I say same to my power supplier or my son daycare that I will pay later because of something? They will agree for one month but later they will add late pay fees.
Actually, unofficially you can - you final demand letters can be ignored a couple of times before they actually will cut you off. Remember, they prefer to get your money, rather than cut you off and not get your money.

Power supplier will cut off me (1 month not paid + 1 extra month of the notice) and put me on delinquency. Day care will not give a fuck and will tell me to do not bring my kid there and will report as well. In the States they don't play games.

In Britain --- due various cases involving pensioners freezing to death in front of their nonfunctional two-bars --- there are all sorts of rules stopping energy companies from cutting people off. Someone I used to work with told me a story about this. He wanted to switch to pay-as-you-go gas, which British Gas don't offer. But off the record the woman in the call centre advised him to not pay any bills for a year; just let 'em get redder and redder. After a year they would give you an ultimatum over the phone, at which point you demand pay-as-you-go, as all is well. It worked too.

Ditto.

edit: nevermind, it arrived over lunch.

Nope, we're only about half way through.

PM me your email address and I can tell you when the email will go out.

I'll await the email Craig ... I guess you'll post back here once you've sent 'all' emails out.

Then, if I [and anyone else] still ain't got it, we can follow it up then?

Yes, but remember to check spam/junk/phishing folders and also that we have your current email address.

PM me your email if in doubt and I can check it as I have the list open on my desktop at the moment.

PM me your email address and I can tell you when the email will go out.

thanks for the offer, but don't just start losin time on that yet... just make a nice announcement when all e-mail are out...

Just got my email today. I realize that it's probably the sunk cost fallacy at work, but I'm probably going to go for it. At this point, it's been 4 years and nothing like the original Pandora has come to market, I am aware that at some point a Pandora 2 may pop up and this is probably going to be more competitive to that.

It's just a shame that so much of that money was wasted because CC couldn't do the job they agreed to do.

Just got my email today. I realize that it's probably the sunk cost fallacy at work, but I'm probably going to go for it. At this point, it's been 4 years and nothing like the original Pandora has come to market, I am aware that at some point a Pandora 2 may pop up and this is probably going to be more competitive to that.

It's just a shame that so much of that money was wasted because CC couldn't do the job they agreed to do.

Well at least it means your making a rational emotional decision :)

Personally I think the upgrade amount is too much. I think an upgrade amount of aprox $120,- for a 1GHz unit would be fair to both the 1st batchers as OPT seeing as the 1GHz chip is (about) the same price as the 600 MHz one but we'll be paying the current built in Germany price then instead of the original cheaper built in the US estimate. At the same time 1st batchers will get something out of being put in the waiting room for so long and having to see people finding out the Pandora today and get one by the end of the week.

But as I said, everyone has to decide on their own sweet spot. I'll just hang in there as long as the upgrade price is a bit silly in my very personal opinion.

I might even end up with a Pandora2 in a couple of years for my 1st batch money! :D (at the same time I'm crying a bit inside as I wouldn't be surprised if we're well into 2013 before the non upgraders in Craig's queue start getting adressed)

Got an email as well. And hi! I'm probably willing to do it, and will probably reply after this message. But the first version was a nightmare for me to pay for (I had to use a forwarding company or something to get the payment done and a hefty currency conversion fee).

Going to give up on the av cables I was going to get probably as they seem to have been forgotten as well.

But if its $350, and I get them shipped absolutely quick (yay craig), That's kind of appealing again.

The fact it can replace my portable battery charger means I could put it in my pocket with my phone.

Back