Emails to remaining preorders.

Don't you see he is posting "updates" just to push everything further in time? I have same with my refund - pushing from month to month "because of something". Can I say same to my power supplier or my son daycare that I will pay later because of something? They will agree for one month but later they will add late pay fees.

I don't understand what's so confusing about this. From what I gathered, a new batch of 1Gig units is being produced next week, Craig is going to send these to existing orderers, and then see if anyone else would like to upgrade.

If that's the case he should say so! Its not clear that is the case and that he has the funds to pay ED.

Don't you see he is posting "updates" just to push everything further in time? I have same with my refund - pushing from month to month "because of something". Can I say same to my power supplier or my son daycare that I will pay later because of something? They will agree for one month but later they will add late pay fees.
Actually, unofficially you can - you final demand letters can be ignored a couple of times before they actually will cut you off. Remember, they prefer to get your money, rather than cut you off and not get your money.

Well he can buy 1 ghz unit from ed for production cost (i think 350 or 300€). If he sells them for 666€, he can deliver a outstanding 1 ghz unit with each unit that is buyed from his store and deliver newly ordered unit instantly too. This is because he can buy two 1 ghz units from ED with the money of one order at his store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, unofficially you can - you final demand letters can be ignored a couple of times before they actually will cut you off. Remember, they prefer to get your money, rather than cut you off and not get your money.

Power supplier will cut off me (1 month not paid + 1 extra month of the notice) and put me on delinquency. Day care will not give a fuck and will tell me to do not bring my kid there and will report as well. In the States they don't play games.

Not sure if there is any country with free power and day care forever if you don't pay the bills, but anyway...

The happy news is, you will all most likely receive your Pandoras or refunds within 2 months.

Not sure if there is any country with free power and day care forever if you don't pay the bills, but anyway...

The happy news is, you will all most likely receive your Pandoras or refunds within 2 months.

I'm on 4th month now not counting previous cancellation request on June when Craig got mass cancellations (I let him clear that first, but expected to be refunded after that).

I'd love to upgrade, but dropping an additional $350 on an out-of-date promise doesn't sit well with me.

Are these really 'ready to ship,' as the email says?

Kylearan: We're under the impression the 1GHz models are "in stock"/under production.... from ED

Craig on the other hand has obviously sorted out his finances to start recovering his preorders.... Obviously, every preorder upgraded to the 1GHz helps craig recover faster.

Refunds were the reason the orders from craig were boned in the first place.. having more refunds will simply cause craig to divide by zero and everybody will be boned.

Requests for refunds come from ZERO communication in the first place. Let's not throw any stone to the ones asking for refund. They have been very patient already and if it were any other kind of business everyone would think this is very normal to be refunded if your order is not honored. It would be great to have the same level of transparency with Craig's shop as ED's. But unfortunately it's a big black box, and no one really knows the situation and the extent of the mess, nor how the situation will be sorted out. Don't expect any miracle.

I predict there will only be 1GHz Pandoras produced from now on, in which case

it will be upgrade, refund, or wait-for-possible-free-upgrade (at an unknown future time).

Meanwhile, please enjoy this artful music video with translucent horses.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/kpZhZAr1cQU?feature=oembed

"Email"? You mean you've gotten "the" email already?

Craig on the other hand has obviously sorted out his finances to start recovering his preorders....

Oioioi, that's quite far from "obvious". The tax refund that was discussed few weeks back most likely goes/went straight to paying the last 1GHz patch he got from ED. Furthermore, there are still people waiting for refunds, too. This current maneuver is more likely akin to gathering information so he can decide what would be the best choice of future action.

The most probable objective for this email (please note, this is just a guess):

Craig will simply be collecting information on who is interested in upgrading. Some of the preorderers don't follow the forums, so email is the most obvious way to contact them. Everyone who wishes to upgrade will be transferred to ED's shop. This will basically shorten the queue at the near cost of +/- 0. Meaning the upgrades won't make a profit, the upgrade fee goes straight to cover the manufacturing costs (or hopefully at least most of it).

But the big question remains: what will happen to those who are not willing to upgrade (or those who have ALREADY upgraded to 1GHz). Craig most certainly doesn't have the funds to refund everyone. And as the preorder/upgrade money is already long gone, the remaining units need to be manufactured with some other source of money (like the donations or profit from completely new orders, etc).

I predict there will only be 1GHz Pandoras produced from now on, in which case

it will be upgrade, refund, or wait-for-possible-free-upgrade (at an unknown future time).

I think you have been told this already by someone else in some other thread, or maybe I'm just confusing you to someone else who said the exact same thing, but let me repeat this, in any case: They still have lots of components (SoCs, more accurately) for the 600MHz Pandoras, they surely won't just throw them away...

PS. No, I still haven't gotten the email. Yes, I did check my spam folder.

They are not all sent yet.

Some kind of insolvency is the last thing we want, if we wanted that we would have done it over a year ago and have moved on.

We really want to clear as many of these preorders as possible, hundreds have been cleared in the last year, I won't stop working on clearing them all until we literally have no where left to turn.

There are still a few cards to play yet.

"Email"? You mean you've gotten "the" email already?
From what I understand, "the" email implies there will be another another email.

Craig on the other hand has obviously sorted out his finances to start recovering his preorders....

Oioioi, that's quite far from "obvious". The tax refund that was discussed few weeks back most likely goes/went straight to paying the last 1GHz patch he got from ED. Furthermore, there are still people waiting for refunds, too. This current maneuver is more likely akin to gathering information so he can decide what would be the best choice of future action.
This needs some clarification, has Craig been able to pay for the 70 1GHz units he got from ED? Because from what I understand this debt will prevent ED from sending anymore 1GHz units to Craig, which means no more 1GHz orders from the 150 test run being delivered and definitely no 1GHz updgrade units being delivered either.

Any info to help clarify this would be appreciated. I'm just worried that the money from my upgrade would just go straight to paying debts and bring me no closer to getting a Pandora. -_-

ED is offering a Cross upgrade. That money goes to ED who is working on clearing Craig's queue too.

Also community members are donating when they can and this money is also used to clear all outstanding preorders. I believe 17 preorders have been cleared with donations.

I think ED said before that he was ok sending new 1gig units to Craig, just not until he got the money for the last batch. Which may have happened now,

Back