Emails to remaining preorders.

No, we're piled high with emails so please only reply to this if you want to upgrade.

We're aiming to get these done very quickly so we can move on to the next step.

Are we going to get an indication about how many are taking you up on the offer? It doesn't matter to me any more, because I'm upgrading, but it would be interesting to know.

tumblr_mcqzqfcc3t1re50z2o1_1280.jpg

Excellent news.

Before deciding to upgrade, I would like to see a video of how much better emulations runs, particularly A1200 emulation, and possibly N64.

For me this is that portable Amiga I always wanted :)

I wasn't aware that A1200 emulation was an issue, but here's some threads with videos

Notably the N64 one, I timed the opening sequence of Majora's Mask next to an original console and it was slower by just a couple of seconds, hardly anything that could be noticed. Others have claimed this holds up in actual gameplay as well.

Once we have finished it up I'll see if I can post the numbers, it's quite promising so far.
Hope you can sort things out so that people don't have to wait multiple months this time.

Forwarding people directly to ED seemed to work real well.

do we have an ETA on the machines that were original 1Ghz pre-orders? i dont mind waiting at all but i been without a Pandora since july (as i traded my batch 1 in to reduce the cost) #68 in craigs 1Ghz Pandora queue hoping it will come soon...

And whether or not us originals can still receive awesome trial run wooden boxes, please asketh that too!

(but I would still also be happy with schematics or instructions for making identical copies ourselves)

And to think of the stink when it became apparent that first batch preorderers were no longer getting the sticker that identified the unit as being First Batch. Oh how we laughed. If only we'd known.

I actually thought for a while there I was going to receive my XStylus Crayon before my Pandora. Anyone remember those from more than a year ago?

My sincere sympathies to the remaining FIrst Batchers.

I'd like a little joke comment that said that ...

In the style of the 'made in England' or more commonly seen 'made in China' / 'made in Taiwan' print that is written small on the back of things.

Something like...

331f7zl.png

I'd like a little joke comment that said that ...

In the style of the 'made in England' or more commonly seen 'made in China' / 'made in Taiwan' print that is written small on the back of things.

Something like...

331f7zl.png

DJweston.. please make this happen

I actually thought for a while there I was going to receive my XStylus Crayon before my Pandora. Anyone remember those from more than a year ago?
Yes. You want one? I overinvested. Turns out the market wasn't as interested as I thought it would be.
Thankyou, but no. I already have my pack of four ready and waiting for the Pandora that will now never come. I also have my PSP-compatible USB cord that was ready and waiting to charge the Pandora too. Also useless.

Maybe someday.

Last edited by a moderator:
So do these emails address people in the 1GHz test run queue?

Does the email offer the same 1GHz unit as the test run queue? Someone said super pandora wtf is that?

Can someone paste the email here?

Are we likley to see the 1GHz test queue fufilled this year?

Should I ask for a refund?

I am stuck in the 1GHz test run queue, can I pay the $350 to get my 1GHz unit now? I guess I'd kiss the overpayment goodbye then.

Once we have finished it up I'll see if I can post the numbers, it's quite promising so far.
Hope you can sort things out so that people don't have to wait multiple months this time.

Forwarding people directly to ED seemed to work real well.

I can only go as fast as GC can produce them, forwarding people to Ed just takes up Eds time and makes absolutely no difference.

So do these emails address people in the 1GHz test run queue?

Does the email offer the same 1GHz unit as the test run queue? Someone said super pandora wtf is that?

Can someone paste the email here?

Are we likley to see the 1GHz test queue fufilled this year?

Should I ask for a refund?

I am stuck in the 1GHz test run queue, can I pay the $350 to get my 1GHz unit now? I guess I'd kiss the overpayment goodbye then.

The remaining 1Ghz units are shipping this month, it has already been posted about.

I wasn't aware that A1200 emulation was an issue, but here's some threads with videos

http://boards.openpa...unboxing-video/

http://boards.openpa...-n64-situation/

Notably the N64 one, I timed the opening sequence of Majora's Mask next to an original console and it was slower by just a couple of seconds, hardly anything that could be noticed. Others have claimed this holds up in actual gameplay as well.

The N64 can go quite a bit faster if the config is adjusted, do we have a link to that video?

Got my e-mail. Not paying twice the price for a small improvement over a nearly 4 years late order.

The price of the upgrade alone is the maximum price I'd be willing to pay for a 1Ghz unit today.

Back