Release Assembled Pandora Video

I have small hands, but I like the idea that it will fit in my pocket without as much risk of slipping out, as cell phones and other thin and narrow objects are prone to doing.

Wow. Its really looking good. I was almost expecting it to be larger.

I see some are complaining about the thickness. Personally, I think it looks just about perfect. Though I have pretty big hands.

Keep up the good work guys

I am uploading a new video to YouTube with the functional demonstration of an assembled unit. It's an 800MB video and unfortunately that means it might take about 5 hours to upload on my connection. Keep an eye out for it to appear but it's going to be a while....

MWeston said:
I am uploading a new video to YouTube with the functional demonstration of an assembled unit. It's an 800MB video and unfortunately that means it might take about 5 hours to upload on my connection. Keep an eye out for it to appear but it's going to be a while....
I'm not going to bed anytime soon then... :p

Last edited by a moderator:
MWeston said:
08:51 EST for me.
+5hr. = 1:51am.

I'm staying up late tonight...

MWeston said:
800MB ?! Holy shit! 10 minute HD video? :p

EDIT: Can you take pics in the mean time? ;)

j.pickens said:
Just went to MWeston2's Youtube channel.

MWeston2
Last Sign In: 21 hours ago
WTF?

Weston doesn't sign into YouTube, he can simply will his videos into existence on their servers.

Weston doesn't sign into YouTube, he can simply will his videos into existence on their servers.

Needs a mind augment, he's using last year's slow model.

bah. 3:50h more to go. i'm gone to bed as i can hardly watch. tomorrow will be an interesting day, though : )

great, great video
it's very nice to know the battery slot will work this nicely :) I'm really considering getting an extra battery now
I also hope that the buttons doesn't take much digging to get pressed, nor force the pcb down... eagerly waiting for the final video :)
also, with a CNC'ed version coming soon, mass production is really set to begin in no longer than 2 weeks from now, which is simply great :)

I don't mind the keyboard being as short as it is, although another 1/32" on the keys from a hard layer would be awesome. My biggest problem with the video is that the d-pad and analog nubs seem a lot less raised than in the renders. They even look recessed from some angles, and it looks like theres a meniscus-like lip around the nubs (instead of the round-top lip from some renders). I would hate to have to take a dremel to a brand new toy.

j.pickens said:

MWeston2
WTF?

MWeston, you out there?
Still haven't logged into Youtube.
Are you uploading to a different site or username?

Hello...

Bueller?

j.pickens said:
j.pickens said:

MWeston2
WTF?

MWeston, you out there?
Still haven't logged into Youtube.
Are you uploading to a different site or username?

Hello...

Bueller?

What if he's been permanently signed in for the past 21 hours?

Back