Release First Images Of Cnced Pandora

Yepp, that's how things work out in this project :)

Someone tells you "i twill happen in xx days". You can safely add 3 or 5 to the xx and you are right :) I am not complaining, it has happened so often that I do the above calculations ALWAYS in the last weeks. AND I know that it only happens because the guys are telling us so much. TBH, I am none of those who can't wait. What makes me angry that we always get told that something happens. If no one had known that the parts SHOULD be on the way and we COULD expect vids today then we wouldn't be F5ing all day. instead we would have been surprised if on the NEXT WE there would be some vids with a fully assembled P running QUAKE.

PLEASE PLEASE give us the information when it is there or add some days when you want to tell us that something will happen. NO ONE would be angry or disappointed when it happens 2 days earlier then planned :)

PLEASE!

Last edited by a moderator:
At least they have the balls to state why there was another delay. It keeps feeling closer and closer to the release date though...

'Username' said:
At least they have the balls to state why there was another delay. It keeps feeling closer and closer to the release date though...
I don't get it. Where did they state why the nubs weren't send to MWeston with the package? Mfk had them one week ago... Sending all parts from the factory to MWeston takes 2 weeks, that's 2 additional weeks of delay to the pandora's production.
You have realized that the case-prototyping-step already takes 2 months instead of the 1-2 weeks stated in january?
Luckily there's happening a lot on the software-side.

The analog nubs are already attached to the MK2 PCB that Mweston has. The dpad and ABXY buttons are missing for whatever reason...I don't know.

What I want to know is...Why does Fatih ALWAYS get the prototype cases before Mweston? It happened with the FDM case, which is why I started that "Next day delivery" thread. Now its happening with the CNC case.

Is MFK the Mweston of Turkey? I don't understand why Craig and Fatih would get CNC prototypes and not the man with all the parts? Why didn't OP send one CNC to Mweston and send the other to MFK so after he was done with it, could than ship it to Craig.

Mweston should have had it on March 6th after the .CAD mishap.

@MWeston when you say next weekend... do you mean March 21st or March 28th?

@OP

Technical delays I can understand. But I raised a delivery question in mid-February asking if you wanted the community to chip in for next day delivery service. From all the info I've seen, there are only two prototypes ordered? One Craig has and the other MFK has. But Mweston said "Nope, now I am told it ships tomorrow and one set of ABXY and dpad parts is missing" Am I to understand, Mweston is getting multiple CNC parts? So Mweston could potentially still make one working CNC prototype?

I have patience for technical delays. But what I don't understand is why you didn't just ship the parts to Mweston in the first place? Is it a customs thing? Does Fatih do some vital that needs to be checked that Mweston can not perform?

I don't know why such an important part of the process would go to people that can't carry it any further. I.E. CE testing. Or why couldn't Mweston ship the prototype keymat to Craig or MFK?

Just so you understand where I am coming from, the original planned date was end of Feb to get the CNC, but the .CAD file was mucked up and needed to be fixed. No Problem. March 9th Fatih and Craig have the parts for the CNC prototype, we learn that no lightpipes are in the bunch. Okay. Its now going to be March 17th just to ship the CNC pandora to Mike and to top it off, he won't be receiving a set of D-pad and ABYX parts.

We've seen the D-pad and ABYX buttons on Fatih's Prototype...so where is Mweston getting his prototype from? Is it Craigs?

I wish I knew more, because right now it just seems like a serious lack of coordination between all the members of OP. Or is part of this delay being scheduled. Is this so when the Mass order of the MK4 boards start OP can get a cheaper price on the OMAP? I would understand that to be the case, because the only source of money to use is from bank transfer and check/MO so you got to stretch that dollar as much as you can. I would just like to be filled in.

Please don't take this the wrong way. It's awesome that you guys are talking to us (If you weren't I wouldn't have trusted you with my money) but the lack of timeline updates and somewhat bizarre mistakes causing (needless?) delays are annoying.

Thank you very much for everything you guys are doing, btw. I'm sure if we saw an N64 emu running ON TOP of the DC emu, everyone would be okay with waiting an extra 2 months and be happy about it.

But don't take the software advances for granted. We still want to see progress on the hardware end.

This has answered my question on where to get my Pandora shipped. West "by god" Virginia or Pennsyltuckey.

Now I'm wondering if we are 60 or 90 days out. Cause April will go with it's showers.

May flowers?

Link

PS On the optimistic side, 32gb SDHC cards are gonna be hella cheap when I actually get my Pandora, then I will order, until then I wait and watch like a sniper in the trees.

'Phawx' said:
Thank you very much for everything you guys are doing, btw. I'm sure if we saw an N64 emu running ON TOP of the DC emu, everyone would be okay with waiting an extra 2 months and be happy about it.
You want to see an N64 emulator running on top of NullDC? :unsure:

Phawx, whats with essay? you make a big deal of out nothing, fuckin drama queen galore.

That's a bit unfair, Bazt... He's got a pretty good point. With all the waiting for various things, things like delivering to the correct people shouldn't be an issue.
Of course, I knew what I was in for when I paid, but why wait any longer when we don't need to?

Tobs

Phawx, if you were there "one-day delivery "poster then you must feel reassured :)
We MAY have saved 10 to 30 days with such an option. :(

In the end it is just MY problem. I did succeed in reading htis forum twice a week some months ago and that worked wonders. If oyu don#t read here you don't get exited. So, I try that again and only read on the WE here. So you all canhave fun and I have my peace of mind.

Ahh.. before I leave, I feel the need to repeat what we all say: TEAM you are doing a great job (technically at least :)) Please make this dream come true for me and the others.

Tobs, just get over it, surely if you've learned anything by now it's that you should NOT expect things to be done "on time" I emphasize "on time" because OP have been badgered to death to put up a "schedule of events" that some people think they're obliged to keep to. This aint sontendo, just a bunch of enthusiasts trying to develop a product across the globe, cut them some slack, stop whining like little fuckin bitches and enjoy the ride.

rant over, carry on. Well done OP I appreciate the hard work :D

@Pickle Well done, man. I can't wait to see it in action!

@Pleng How Gruso put it is the correct interpretation.

@bazt Yea, it was rather drawn-out. Really there is no winning. If I were terse, I would look like an impatient ass. If I try to explain every little bit, while still showing my appreciation for OP, than I am long-winded. I just wish the coordination was a little bit up to snuff but, whatever. It's not like I would ever cancel my order.

In Feb when I made my guesstimate time-line, I predicted Aug for the last Pandora to be delivered. But recent news from OP suggested that a late April/Early May delivery was possible because CE testing won't affect the launch at all. So I got my hopes up. No big deal, I will just dial down my anticipation back to August.

The great thing is between Pickle/Zezu/DrkRazielII<sp?> a LOT has been happening on the software side. So that is helping a good bit. Also a ton of new games are coming out still every week that I want to play. Halo Wars is pretty fun, not an RTS but more along a RTMacroS. And RE5 I have been playing with a bud of mine on Veteran and it's a lot of fun.

Things are happening and OP has been keeping us somewhere in the loop. Please don't take it as a complaint, just more of an inquiry.

'MWeston' said:
Nope, now I am told it ships tomorrow and one set of ABXY and dpad parts is missing. Good times :)
Without the game controls, how about showing us the keyboard in action? For us planing to actually write stuff on the Pandora it would be great to see the keyboard in action and how it would be like to work in say Abiword. I also wanna see some use of the compose key to type non English letters.

'_VWV_' said:
+1
Game controls are not vital for boot up, nor they are for firefox, gimp etc.
Maybe not, but they are one of the most essential parts of the entire unit and the thing that sets the Pandora apart from every other hand held on the market <_<

'MWeston' said:
That recession is for the LCD connector and speaker wire solder points. That's where the flex cable from the LCD connects to the flex cable that goes through the hinge.

I did place unpopulated components (two resistors, one FET and one LED on the cable so someone could add an LED that is connected to a GPIO on the OMAP chip (no PWM control unfortunately). It is right in the middle of the Pandora logo on the back. Not that this would be an easy mod though.... :)

That extra GPIO on the lid could also be a mod for an extra button too. This little addition was added quite a while ago due to some discussions I read here on the forum.
Ahh sweet, so something like this is possible now?

pandora_blueemblem.png

Awesome! :D

Back