Release Assembled Pandora Video

Chip

[Insert Custom Title Here]
Website
chipandre.com
MWeston has posted the first video of a fully assembled Pandora. It is held together by tape at the moment, as the FDM plastic is extremely fragile and assembling with screws will have to be done very carefully. Once he does a few more tests and gets the battery hooked up there will be more video of the unit running games / apps.

Video Here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say that the only thing that strikes me is that the LCD screen looks very shiny.

for the rest it looks damn good! :pandora1:

kinda looks like he has a pretty hardcore lamp shining on it so that might be why. i mean his fingers almost white out in places!

i must be on my 10th time through this already... its so beautiful

Anyone notice you don't need a screwdriver to get at the battery anymore? It slides and clicks now so access is simple. :)

Will the battery compartment be accessible like that in the final model? Will it slide out or will I have to fuss with screws?

EDIT: not fast enough!

MWeston said:
Anyone notice you don't need a screwdriver to get at the battery anymore? It slides and clicks now so access is simple. :)
I noticed it, but I was not sure if it was that way as a result of being an FDM case.

But that's FANTASTIC news!!

MWeston (or anyone), can the screen go back so the screen and keyboard are aligned so the device is flat like a DS can go. I'm hoping the answer is yes as I can't use mini laptops etc because I have to look so closely at the screen and if it's not possible sadly I won't be able to use the pandora at all :(.

Thanks and yep it looks really cool and I'm so hopeful it does fold back all the way. :)

MWeston said:
doh missed that.. this is WAY cool...
I'll add an extra battery to my order :)

I was going to ask for the dimensions, but instead I'll just assume these ones from the Wikipedia are accurate:

"Dimensions: 140x83x27mm (5.51x3.27x1.06 in)"

5.5 inches is actually pretty small, my Palm Z22 is 4 inches long.

pawprints said:
MWeston (or anyone), can the screen go back so the screen and keyboard are aligned so the device is flat like a DS can go.
Yes. We're using the exact same hinge as in the DS.

lulzfish said:
I was going to ask for the dimensions, but instead I'll just assume these ones from the Wikipedia are accurate:

"Dimensions: 140x83x27mm (5.51x3.27x1.06 in)"

5.5 inches is actually pretty small, my Palm Z22 is 4 inches long.
+1 on asking the dimensions current on new case.

Cool. I stayed up late in the hope I might catch something on here. Very happy with the battery hatch. I hope the nubs are easy enough to use, they look pretty flush with the raised wall around the bore of that hole. It's fairly compact or Michael has huge hands!!
It all seems to look and fit together well considering it's done using FDM.

I think I speak for all of us when I say

"BLOODY FANTASTIC!"

Now we need some videos of an emu running on it with the controls - that'd be the icing on the cake.

Back