A summary of the last few weeks (2011-05-26)

Could someone explain this to me?

On the page it says that the pandora should be sent within 7 working days.

How come so many people have been waiting for YEARS? I Emailed the sales department yesterday but still havent got any response.

It doesnt give a serious impression. Especially since I would like to have my unit before August.

I was also wondering if it works to pay with paypal.

Still the machine looks good and has good reviews. It looks worth the time if you like Emulators. Like me.

They started taking preorders for Pandoras (for $330) back in 2008 so they could get the money for the parts to make them. But shit happened; lots and lots of shit. The delays surmounted to the point where there are people who STILL don't have theirs. A few months ago, it was decided to start selling Premium units at a higher price ($500 USD) to bring in more money to allow for a bit more stability with the Pandora. They were sold pretty much exactly at cost before, which hasn't worked out too well. (A lot of the people involved in the financial aspects of this used their own money for this.) No more preorders were to be taken, though existing ones would be honored. Preorders can be upgraded for the difference, or new ones can be bought.

If you buy now, you'll almost certainly get yours before August (we're hitting another speed bump fixing a wi-fi issue, that'll be sorted out soon). And yes, PayPal works.

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds great!

But why doesnt the Pandora crew anser my emails?

I posted them to the same adress as you should use to buy the pandora.

Its just bin two days but I think they should be pretty interested to cheeck theese adresses to

see if theres been some orders.

It still seems like the "upgrade" pandoras are delaying batch 1 to me

Yeah. It popped in my mind. How big is the Premium Pandoras reserve? You are guaranteeing 7-day delivery after all, you must be able to meet the demand. So how many of OUR PAID Pandoras are sitting around waiting for your customers to snap and pay the ransom? Yeah. Ransom.

That sounds great!

Its just bin two days but I think they should be pretty interested to cheeck theese adresses to

I think there is a bit of a backlog of emails from what I've read here, they get a LOT of emails - don't worry you'll get a reply you're not being ignored they are just REALLY busy! :)

It still seems like the "upgrade" pandoras are delaying batch 1 to me

Yeah. It popped in my mind. How big is the Premium Pandoras reserve? You are guaranteeing 7-day delivery after all, you must be able to meet the demand. So how many of OUR PAID Pandoras are sitting around waiting for your customers to snap and pay the ransom? Yeah. Ransom.

I guess not that big because i upgraded 30 may and not that i'm complaining, but my pandora has not been send yet.

I think that they have a premium reserve around 10/20 pandora's max.

On the other hand the premium pandora's are the pandora's that make more pandora's possible.

The truth is, Craig shipped zero pandoras this week.

They are re-testing the boards because of the wifi problem. It would have been better if Craig would have admitted this up front instead of waiting for someone to complain about it, but Craig just doesn't like to post bad news.

Yes we are shipping units this week, just not as many as usual. I've just boxed up 15.

The truth is, Craig shipped zero pandoras this week.

They are re-testing the boards because of the wifi problem. It would have been better if Craig would have admitted this up front instead of waiting for someone to complain about it, but Craig just doesn't like to post bad news.

Yes we are shipping units this week, just not as many as usual. I've just boxed up 15.

Hi Craig, if I could just ask one question please?

People who are now past the 7 day wait on their premium pandora order, will they be getting the revised board with the wifi fix in their Pandoras when they ship?

I haven't been keeping TOO up-to-date with the the current situation of things but I read about this wifi fix on the new boards in another thread, thanks for the hard work and I can wait to get mine in my hands! :)

That sounds great!

I think there is a bit of a backlog of emails from what I've read here, they get a LOT of emails - don't worry you'll get a reply you're not being ignored they are just REALLY busy! :)

I wouldn't count on it. I emailed about upgrading my pandora order and never recieved a reply.

People who are now past the 7 day wait on their premium pandora order, will they be getting the revised board with the wifi fix in their Pandoras when they ship?

I haven't been keeping TOO up-to-date with the the current situation of things but I read about this wifi fix on the new boards in another thread, thanks for the hard work and I can wait to get mine in my hands! :)

Well, WiFi wasn't even working on that lot of boards, so they've all been shipped back to CC.

You will surely get a tested and working board.

Well, WiFi wasn't even working on that lot of boards, so they've all been shipped back to CC.

You will surely get a tested and working board.

Great stuff -^^- I appreciate the fast reply :)

In other words: You are most likely not able to get your unit before august if you order now. Especially not since they dont seem to read email that often.

I'll think I have to order a caanoo so that I can use it on vacation instead. But I will miss the keyboard though :(

Not bothered about the Onboard wi-fi at all - all I want to use it for is emulation!

If Craig wants to PM me then I would happily have one with no wifi as long as I know exactly what external wifi to buy!

Eh? Why August?

Thats when I have my vacation and intend to use it.
People that order now are getting them quickly. It'd take a monumental problem in production to turn their 7 day shipping into a 6 week shipping. Which has been known to happen. And probably will happen now that it's been mentioned that that's what it would take. I've doomed us all!

Alright, 15 down, a thousand and a few hundreds left to batch1. I'm not being sarcastic here seriously, any amount of pandoras shipping out is a good thing. More would be preferable but none the less, a good thing. Keep up the good work y'all.

Alright, 15 down, a thousand and a few hundreds left to batch1. I'm not being sarcastic here seriously, any amount of pandoras shipping out is a good thing. More would be preferable but none the less, a good thing. Keep up the good work y'all.

Does that mean that you have to ship "a thousand and a few hundreds" before you will ship to people that order now, or does it mean that the "7 day before shipping" thing is intact. Anyway it still worries me that noone ever respones to the emails beeing send to their shop-adresses. If they dont check them for new orders once a week then there should not be any possibility to have youre order send in 7 days.

I would also like to say that I understand everything about this being an open source thing, and that its not easy to keep a project like that running. IM sure I will write something positive when I get one :)

Although a new delay has been introduced by a new wifi issue. This is not really affecting the 7 day premium orders. Only a few people have had to wait slightly longer and they were notified of this delay by email after they had ordered (may even be just 1 guy from whats been reported here).

As a result you should have no problem in getting a Pandora before your August holiday. Just keep an eye out here for news from ED or Craig that CC who make the boards have found the issue and are shipping boards again. Then place your order. Hell you maybe still able to get one right away from remaining stock still being built by Craig right now, like the 15 he just boxed up for shipping.

The ladies dealing with the emails are basically swamped and doing a sterling job in keeping up with it all and not topping themselves really. Maybe you should phone an order in if your in a hurry (if thats possible?) as they are certainly on the phone at Craigs shop.

Although a new delay has been introduced by a new wifi issue. This is not really affecting the 7 day premium orders. Only a few people have had to wait slightly longer and they were notified of this delay by email after they had ordered (may even be just 1 guy from whats been reported here).

As a result you should have no problem in getting a Pandora before your August holiday. Just keep an eye out here for news from ED or Craig that CC who make the boards have found the issue and are shipping boards again. Then place your order. Hell you maybe still able to get one right away from remaining stock still being built by Craig right now, like the 15 he just boxed up for shipping.

The ladies dealing with the emails are basically swamped and doing a sterling job in keeping up with it all and not topping themselves really. Maybe you should phone an order in if your in a hurry (if thats possible?) as they are certainly on the phone at Craigs shop.
If only this was true. I upgraded on the 31st May and have had neither Pandora nor email. It's my understanding, from ED's latest post, that Craig is running short on boards.

Okay, the 18 days looks bad but that's been bloated by three week-ends but it's still 5 more days than I expected to have to wait.

Back