Organizing, coding, building, geez. (2011-03-04)

Heavy work has started on the next OS (Yars Revenge), featuring the most recent Angström as well as a new kernel.

OMFG. is it really going to be called Yar's Revenge‽ please say yes... i LOVE that game so much.

actually Yar's revenge is a modern remake of the classic, called Yars' Revenge. Subtle differnce worth noting.

As the end of Batch 1 is getting nearer (yeah, I know there are still many waiting, I know waiting gets harder the more units are shipped...), we are also heavily organizing Batch 2.

Production for the NEW, more sturdy LCD cables has started today, this will be the end of all purple haze issues (though it has become quite rare, we want to eliminate it completely).

Those cables will be used for the last 650 - 800 units of Batch 1 as well, and of course for future replacements.

i'm approximately 3100-3200 in the queue (last i checked). i would like my Batch 1 Pandora to have one of the new LCD cables. is it possible to push my queue number a bit higher - say, by a few hundred (e.g. to 3500-3600)?

Last edited by a moderator:
If our unit shipping now or in the past, would we be able to buy the LCD cable and install it easily ourselves? I would rather do that then send back the unit and waste ED and others time.

As the end of Batch 1 is getting nearer (yeah, I know there are still many waiting, I know waiting gets harder the more units are shipped...), we are also heavily organizing Batch 2.

Production for the NEW, more sturdy LCD cables has started today, this will be the end of all purple haze issues (though it has become quite rare, we want to eliminate it completely).

Those cables will be used for the last 650 - 800 units of Batch 1 as well, and of course for future replacements.

i'm approximately 3100-3200 in the queue (last i checked). i would like my Batch 1 Pandora to have one of the new LCD cables. is it possible to push my queue number a bit higher - say, by a few hundred (e.g. to 3500-3600)?

I wonder if you could pay Craig for an inferior Pandora (couldn't find an antonym that alliterated).

I wonder if you could pay Craig for an inferior Pandora (couldn't find an antonym that alliterated).

'piss-poor pandora' ? :)

If our unit shipping now or in the past, would we be able to buy the LCD cable and install it easily ourselves? I would rather do that then send back the unit and waste ED and others time.
Craig has a "secret" shop that you might be able to find if you do a search. He's asked not to publicize the link, but he himself posted it some time ago. You can buy spare LCD cables from there. It is not trivial to replace the LCD cable, but a steady hand and a little luck should have no problem. For less than half the amount it would have cost to ship mine back, I ordered 4 LCD cables. I could probably make a walkthrough on how to replace the LCD cable, and how to avoid the mistakes I made the first time.

Craig has a "secret" shop that you might be able to find if you do a search. He's asked not to publicize the link, but he himself posted it some time ago. You can buy spare LCD cables from there. It is not trivial to replace the LCD cable, but a steady hand and a little luck should have no problem. For less than half the amount it would have cost to ship mine back, I ordered 4 LCD cables. I could probably make a walkthrough on how to replace the LCD cable, and how to avoid the mistakes I made the first time.

That would be the same page the Premium Pandoras are sold from. Hardly a secret anymore and linked from the main page no less.

I could probably make a walkthrough on how to replace the LCD cable, and how to avoid the mistakes I made the first time.

What about once the cable's in place and no purple haze is visible, you secure it permanently by dripping super glue on it. That way it wont slip through time...

No idea myself, but as long as I'm alive, I will keep working on getting the Pandoras out to you... and the iControlPad as well, of course :)

Craig hired some help in UK, I think that you should too. We don't want you to die of exhaustion, instead you should have a staff of people to help you handle all of this.

Yeah... but I can't afford that. It's not just hiring, I have to pay more to my tax counsellor since taxes for the hired people have to be done as well, etc.

I've got quite a bunch of costs per month, I'm happy to keep it all going right now :)
Hm... do you have to pay taxes for volunteers? Maybe some of us could volunteer. I certainly would, but I live far, far away. :lol:

Your probably busy enough but that would a fantastic idea, particularly once peoples Pandora's reach the end of their warranty time, though I have little doubt the OPT would still do repairs for parts and labour. It is a pity this design flaw with the early cables has shown up, as it would have been nice if the design had been deliberate in that everything was easy to repair/mod by the end user. I.e fitting cables, different screens, socketed nubs etc.

Back