WiFi, tests and CircuitCo (2011-06-17)

Well said, Jumpman.

A little update, to be perfectly honest we have had enough of CC and their bullshit.

Ed is looking for another PCB population company who can handle PoP and we're considering suing CC.

We're all rooting for the three of you!

Also, what's Fatih been doing lately? A few months ago I heard he was taking care of a shipment of cases.

Making a product shouldn't be a like a bad marriage. I think a divorce has been in order for quite some time but I'm not living with it everyday. Godspeed OP Team, thanks for keeping on it and just not throwing in the towel. Never forget your towel.

Godspeed OP Team, thanks for keeping on it and just not throwing in the towel. Never forget your towel.

Well, I can tell I will never throw in the towel! I'll fight until the end... or, hopefully, until everything is working fine and stable :D

Wait, how long ago did CC receive ED's new wifi testing equipment? and has it been properly set up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe read a few pages back in this thread? Or is it not there. They've had it for two weeks and got it setup last week and I guess have moved on to easier things than the Pandora, and maybe never set it up to begin with.

Maybe read a few pages back in this thread? Or is it not there. They've had it for two weeks and got it setup last week and I guess have moved on to easier things than the Pandora, and maybe never set it up to begin with.

Thats what Im thinking. Also how long ago was it before that OPteam had a representative on premise?

^

Beyond Two Months™ maybe 3 or 4? They just got the royal handj0b from a texan with a mustache is what it boils down to, and it sucks.

EDIT: WE just got, not they... This is a community that funded this project.

They got the testing card for WiFi a month ago, the four rigs for testing 3 weeks ago and they started to look into it 2 weeks ago.

Guy's do you think maybe now would be the time to re consolidate that estimated 7 day turnover for premiums posted on the icontrolpad website? It sounds like although it is the best decision at hand it IS going to slow down your production of the pandoras and people ordering and expecting their pandoras in 7 days are going to be quite irate...

Guy's do you think maybe now would be the time to re consolidate that estimated 7 day turnover for premiums posted on the icontrolpad website? It sounds like although it is the best decision at hand it IS going to slow down your production of the pandoras and people ordering and expecting their pandoras in 7 days are going to be quite irate...

You are wright, they should update dar page with some real numbers, atleast Jaqueline told me before I paid the extra cash that it would take around 3 working weeks to get mine because of the wifi problems, so I think averyone that pays the Fast Pandoras gets told that there is a delay.

Hope they can fix the problem soon, I agreed to wait 3 weeks, and could even wait 4 o 5, but I paid the extra cash to get mine soon after waiting almost 2 years, and I hope they deliver.

Hey guys, great to hear you're breaking off from CC. Those guys have produced more delays than boards!

Just wondering, I ordered a second batch Pandora in 2010, and upgraded to a Premium about a month ago, still hasn't shipped.

So will this breaking away from CC cause my Premium another delay until you find another circuit company? Or is that just restricted to normal Second Batch Pandora's. I'm thinking of canceling my premium order, as it looks like my original order might arrive as fast as the Premium one. I'm seriously pissed with the amount of delays Circuit Co has caused you guys, what drew me into the Premium order was the large lettering that said "7 DAYS" because of them, its been over a month. >_<

Remember that it's only shipped within 7 days though, not delivered in 7. It's possible that yours in sat in a crate in customs somewhere, waiting for a thin man in a reflective jacket to look it over.

Also, FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT! I do think that you have a strong case against CC, guys. You should calculate the amount of lost sales due to their shenanigans and hit them for that, as well as a refund of what you paid them for the work. Have you considered suing the plastics guys too?

Remember that it's only shipped within 7 days though, not delivered in 7. It's possible that yours in sat in a crate in customs somewhere, waiting for a thin man in a reflective jacket to look it over.

Except I haven't received the shipping email either D':

Bah, I shouldn't complain, people have been waiting faaar longer than i have, tis just an annoyance.

Also, FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT! I do think that you have a strong case against CC, guys. You should calculate the amount of lost sales due to their shenanigans and hit them for that, as well as a refund of what you paid them for the work. Have you considered suing the plastics guys too?

There's probably a lot. Most issues they have with the boards right now is due to oxidation, as they were lying around for too long.

We still got mails where they promised us all 4000 boards will be finished end of December so that only the nubs need to be put on, etc.

If they had done that, these issues wouldn't have happened.

Also, we have multiple written deadlines that weren't kept even close...

The loss because of that is probably huge. Just think about the monthly costs we have to pay. Craig and me with both companies add probably to 10 - 15.000 USD monthly costs...

No need to sue the plastics company though.

For the price we paid they did a great job. Yes, it was a hazzle until everything was working, but that seems normal if you work with Chinese companies.

New orders without any changes work flawlessly.

So I take it the Premium Pandoras will arive before you switch to a new circuit company? o:

Well the last email I received said I wouldn't be getting my premium until OP receive some more boards, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

I need to explain a few things here, again.

Changing PCB company is a huge job, you can't just turn up at any company and expect them to handle your board. The Pandora board is highly complex and uses techniques that very few companies can do.

Only recently did we have any kind of choice at all, and we know we will be paying a lot more for it in Europe, but the iCP worked out well in that respect.

CC are saying they will finish batch1, well, assuming they have not left our boards to just turn to rust since they have taken such an astonishing length of time to complete them.

Anyhow, I've got some boards here that Ed has repaired which I'm putting in to units today.

We will keep you informed.

I need to explain a few things here, again.

Changing PCB company is a huge job, you can't just turn up at any company and expect them to handle your board. The Pandora board is highly complex and uses techniques that very few companies can do.

Only recently did we have any kind of choice at all, and we know we will be paying a lot more for it in Europe, but the iCP worked out well in that respect.

CC are saying they will finish batch1, well, assuming they have not left our boards to just turn to rust since they have taken such an astonishing length of time to complete them.

Anyhow, I've got some boards here that Ed has repaired which I'm putting in to units today.

We will keep you informed.

Thanks a lot Craig. I'm sorry to be pushy and all but could you give us some information on how many premiums you have to put out and such, just to give those of us waiting an idea on how long it could take.

Fully understandable steps and I wish you luck with new company and dealing with CC, but I'm getting really worried about my Pandora. I order back in Oct 2008 and I'm still waiting, will my Pandora come from those batch 1 boards that CC has yet to deliver or has been my order pushed back to batch 2 thanks to premium orders? Am I going to wait another Two MonthsTM till you find new company?

It's very unfortunate situation as it's clear to me that you're doing what needs to be done to make this all happen and yet I just can't help but get more and more frustrated with all this. :(

Back