WiFi, tests and CircuitCo (2011-06-17)

So.... the Premiums that have been ordered thus far. Will be sent before you switch companies? seeing as how CC are gonna finish off making boards for you.

No need to sue the plastics company though.

For the price we paid they did a great job. Yes, it was a hazzle until everything was working, but that seems normal if you work with Chinese companies.

New orders without any changes work flawlessly.
Not to mention that because they're in China, it is almost impossible to sue them. And then, even if you did manage to work something out, you have no recourse to collect the money if they decide not to pay.

Suing someone in the US from Germany or the UK or Canada is much, much easier. Also the other way around, so be careful about what you say.

And if I ordered in October 2009? Are there enough batch 1 boards to get through everyone in the queue considering all the premium orders?

"all the" premium orders accounts for a couple hundred at most, according to previous statements from Craig and ED. Considering the hundreds they were planning to keep back form the initial 4000 anyway to use as replacements and whatnot, I don't think it'll be much of a problem filling all the orders.

I can forsee a problem if you have a problem after all orders are filled, however, as they'll have been dipping into the emergency RMA supply to cover the premiums.

Since the immediate concern (prompting the premiums) seems to be that more cancellations would result in critical cashflow issues, #premium < #cancel would be my guess.

I've already said goodbye to the money. Either one day I open my mailbox and there's a Pandora in it or not.

This sucks but it's completely understandable.

It certainly looks like CC bit off more than they can chew but wouldn't own up to it. If I were you I would definitely sue for all the crap that they have caused you guys. They should have been completely up front about what was happening and tried to sort it out one way or another, not just left it to go from bad to worse.

Good luck dealing with the more local companies.

And if I ordered in October 2009? Are there enough batch 1 boards to get through everyone in the queue considering all the premium orders?

Yes there are.

Thanks, that applies to me as well.

I'd also like to say I think this is the right decision, CC have been so bad for Open Pandora, like you said, it's astonishing at how long it has taken them, and the job is still not done; it makes the Chinese case manufacturer look like saints.

Are you intending to try and get this other factory to start as soon as possible, overlapping production with the end of batch 1 at CC?

Simple solution to all this!

Send Hakmanplayer to CC - he will sort them out

Better pay thrice the price for a professional company and save a lot of money and hassle. I'd even make an additional payment (e.g. 50 Euros) for a manufacturer that uses top notch inspection systems and maybe a made in Germany hologram on the mainboard. :)

Yes there are.

Thanks, that applies to me as well.

I'd also like to say I think this is the right decision, CC have been so bad for Open Pandora, like you said, it's astonishing at how long it has taken them, and the job is still not done; it makes the Chinese case manufacturer look like saints.

Are you intending to try and get this other factory to start as soon as possible, overlapping production with the end of batch 1 at CC?

Oh I can see them having to finish batch1 at this rate, or at least repair the broken boards for us while we squeeze every last drop we can from CC.

Luckly we have a good reference for this new company from someone else using the OMAP PoP process so it's looking good.

It's just going to be a hell of a lot of work for Ed (and the rest of us) which we didn't really need, but it's happening, CC have gone too far this time.

It was quite a rubbish relationship really, I don't know why we stayed with them for so long, but you know how relationships are.

So production had ceased a little more than a month ago? They are under suspicion of neglect but not breach of contract? What is their remaining inventory of "good" boards? Dont get me wrong, if I had the money Id bail OPteam out of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've already said goodbye to the money. Either one day I open my mailbox and there's a Pandora in it or not.

glad I'm not the only one thinking like this... personally if it wasn't like that I'dd surely already had asked a refund and bough whatever moded psp, 3ds and thing like that

Not too sure on the defamation laws in the US but where I am you can only get done if it is not true. You could setup a counter website to C.C's explaining everything that's happened. Missed deadlines, ignored emails, lies told. Providing it doesn't go against a NDC clause in your contract.

Say you will take it down only after they deliver the rest of the boards. Might motivate them a bit more because this could cost them future business.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back