Batch 1 and 2 moving a bit forward (2011-07-16)

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
You're all waiting for some more news, and yes, I can give you some.

It seems like CircuitCo is finally moving forward. They seem to come along well with my new tester and had success in fixing the boards that have issues.

Should finally be time to expect a new shipment from them, huzzah!

I also got a few positive responses from various companies in Germany.

Two from Munich, which is what I prefer, since I can easily visit them there (not far away).

They are all interested in producing the Pandora PCB and are now working on a quotation.

I will probably visit them next week.

The quotation will take a while (about 3 weeks, as the Pandora is no easy board), but we rather spend our time before production and have a rocking fast and stable production later than experiencing the same problems we had with CC...

As usual, I'll keep you informed. When I visit them, I'll try to make some pictures as well :)

Great news!

I've been waiting a long time for my Pandora, since Oct. 12, 2009 to be precise. I invested in this project and more recently the iCP for two reasons:

1. It was a product that I wanted and nothing else will substitute.

2. Because it is a concept that I believe in. You guys are engineering products on the level of Nintendo and Sony with orders of magnitude smaller budgets.

For me, this will be the first truly open hardware platform that I have ever owned (the GP2X notwithstanding). I am really proud of what OP has accomplished, especially in the face of setback after setback. Your resilliance is an inspiration to us all!

I invested in the underdog and haven't flinched in 18 months; In a lot of ways, it's "voting with my wallet" and I hope that the success of this project will usher in a new age of machines that answer to the user, and not to the corporation!

Bravo!

You're all waiting for some more news, and yes, I can give you some.

It seems like CircuitCo is finally moving forward. They seem to come along well with my new tester and had success in fixing the boards that have issues.

Should finally be time to expect a new shipment from them, huzzah!

I also got a few positive responses from various companies in Germany.

Two from Munich, which is what I prefer, since I can easily visit them there (not far away).

They are all interested in producing the Pandora PCB and are now working on a quotation.

I will probably visit them next week.

The quotation will take a while (about 3 weeks, as the Pandora is no easy board), but we rather spend our time before production and have a rocking fast and stable production later than experiencing the same problems we had with CC...

As usual, I'll keep you informed. When I visit them, I'll try to make some pictures as well :)

Does this mean i can expect my Premium some time in the next two weeks :D

Thanks for the update ED. We all know that you are doing the best you possibly can. We appreciate your effort.

Very great news! I'm glad it will be only a few weeks instead of the six month that where mentioned before to switch the company.

Do you have any numbers how many boards they will ship?

this news is really encouraging!!! B)

really, it's a good job!

I've been waiting a long time for my Pandora, since Oct. 12, 2009 to be precise. I invested in this project and more recently the iCP for two reasons:

Thanks!

The success of the iCP (it really starts selling now!) sure helps moving the Pandora production to Germany as well, as it surely covers some of the costs :)

Very great news! I'm glad it will be only a few weeks instead of the six month that where mentioned before to switch the company.

Do you have any numbers how many boards they will ship?

Well, they mentioned they'll do 125 a week, but I won't believe any numbers from them anymore, we better just wait and see how many they'll ship and in the meantime concentrate on moving the production.

Im hoping for some smooth sailing for once.

Me too. The iCP showed that it can be way smoother.

Well Ive seen in a couple of co-workers how efficient germans can be (I know Im generalizing) but somehow it seems to be in your culture to get things done in time. Hope its the same with these factories. :)

Great news! I have been waiting since April 2009 for my Pandora. I once contemplated building my own similar device before that but I have nowhere near the skill needed to accomplish that (two years of electronics is nowhere near enough). I have no problems waiting for my Pandora. To me this project is a godsend bringing to fruition many of my own ideas. I just wish I was here from the beginning. Keep up the great work!

Is it possible to ask for a speculative time frame for when you'll be sending Pandora RMA's back? (the ones that need to be replaced)

I sent mine to Craig, which he recieved on the 22nd of may.

Sounds pretty good to me ED. I hope that CC do start delivering again with some regularity, but they've broken their word many times before. My new hope is that you can smoothly set up a new production facility -- and on that front it's looking good -- and then the transition will be equally smooth.

Back