Discussion in 'Pandora News' started by EvilDragon, Jun 17, 2011.
do you think I should be okay if I order an premium in 2 weeks?
i choose to be optimistic. Yes.
Hi ED & Craig
I was wondering if all these problems with wifi will effect repairs and RMAs? I only got to have my Pandora for a coupple of days before i had to send it back because of (what sounds like) the same Wifi error that you've been having on the new boards. I must admit im getting a little itchy for my Pandora as its been about 1½ months for a replacement.
.. But apart from that. Nice job you guys are doing, im definately still routing for the project and hoping for a Pandora 2 in the future.
Thanks for keeping us posted
I think the reaction to your post says more about the person reacting than it says about you.
Can I draw your attention to this http://stalker.openpandora.org/ :lol: laughing at my own jokes again.
Use the force.
A little update, to be perfectly honest we have had enough of CC and their bullshit.
Ed is looking for another PCB population company who can handle PoP and we're considering suing CC.
HUZZAH! Good luck Craig, I'm rooting for you.
I support this action ^_^
Very sensible move to look for an alternative board supplier. I'm amazed you stuck with CC as long as you did.
Please don't waste too much energy on a legal case unless you've got a clear and obvious breach of contract.
Ouch, that sounds like bad news. I'm sorry to hear they still can't get their act together.
Whew, yes, it means a lot of work, but I'm up for it. Producing the iCP boards was a breeze. One mail was enough for any status update and they didn't miss a single deadline. They can't do PoP inhouse, however.
I'll get help from the guys behind the GTA04 (basically the OpenMoko with an OMAP3) as they already are working with some companies and are living close to me (and one of them has a Pandora as well )
I'll have a meeting with them next Friday.
Michael is working on finishing Rev6c until next week and then I'll start contacting various companies and getting quotes.
But first... I'm off for a week. I'll try to check the boards, but if you don't see me around, fear not, I'm just away for a while, I'll be back.
My brain just went full-stop.
That sucks bigtime on hoping to see my Pandora soon scale but it's the right decision.
Probably means I can't nag for about a month either? Yet another purpose in life gone! I feel empty inside!
Craig, do you think you'll get any more boards out of CC now or is your business relationship with them too far gone for that?
Errr just out of curiosity is this going to grind premium orders to a halt?
CC told us they will finish Batch 1, so only Batch 2 is affected.
ED: check http://www.enics.com/ i have worked there, i think they should be able to handle the pandora board. i worked in ther ICT Testing section last summer. They produce some complex boards for ABB and Westinghouse. They seam to be quite generic, they do booth small batches and larger ones. But i am not sure about the price.
Thanks for the info. I'll first try to find some companies around Munich, as I can easily visit them and help if there are any issues or help with testing setup, etc
Is that batch 1 WITH the premium orders or will the premium orders that have been delivered and any premium orders being made now eat into that amount? Which would result in end of batch one people being moved over to batch 2 in there for the long runners?
You can probably guess where I'm in the queue?
wondering the same thing........
Separate names with a comma.