WiFi, tests and CircuitCo (2011-06-17)

Hi ED & Craig

I was wondering if all these problems with wifi will effect repairs and RMAs? I only got to have my Pandora for a coupple of days before i had to send it back because of (what sounds like) the same Wifi error that you've been having on the new boards. I must admit im getting a little itchy for my Pandora as its been about 1½ months for a replacement.

.. But apart from that. Nice job you guys are doing, im definately still routing for the project and hoping for a Pandora 2 in the future. :)

A little update, to be perfectly honest we have had enough of CC and their bullshit.

Ed is looking for another PCB population company who can handle PoP and we're considering suing CC.

A little update, to be perfectly honest we have had enough of CC and their bullshit.

Ed is looking for another PCB population company who can handle PoP and we're considering suing CC.

Very sensible move to look for an alternative board supplier. I'm amazed you stuck with CC as long as you did.

Please don't waste too much energy on a legal case unless you've got a clear and obvious breach of contract.

Ouch, that sounds like bad news. I'm sorry to hear they still can't get their act together.

Whew, yes, it means a lot of work, but I'm up for it. Producing the iCP boards was a breeze. One mail was enough for any status update and they didn't miss a single deadline. They can't do PoP inhouse, however.

I'll get help from the guys behind the GTA04 (basically the OpenMoko with an OMAP3) as they already are working with some companies and are living close to me (and one of them has a Pandora as well ;) )

I'll have a meeting with them next Friday.

Michael is working on finishing Rev6c until next week and then I'll start contacting various companies and getting quotes.

But first... I'm off for a week. I'll try to check the boards, but if you don't see me around, fear not, I'm just away for a while, I'll be back.

That sucks bigtime on hoping to see my Pandora soon scale but it's the right decision.

Probably means I can't nag for about a month either? Yet another purpose in life gone! I feel empty inside! :p

Craig, do you think you'll get any more boards out of CC now or is your business relationship with them too far gone for that?

ED: check http://www.enics.com/ i have worked there, i think they should be able to handle the pandora board. i worked in ther ICT Testing section last summer. They produce some complex boards for ABB and Westinghouse. They seam to be quite generic, they do booth small batches and larger ones. But i am not sure about the price.

ED: check http://www.enics.com/ i have worked there, i think they should be able to handle the pandora board. i worked in ther ICT Testing section last summer. They produce some complex boards for ABB and Westinghouse. They seam to be quite generic, they do booth small batches and larger ones. But i am not sure about the price.

Thanks for the info. I'll first try to find some companies around Munich, as I can easily visit them and help if there are any issues or help with testing setup, etc :)

CC told us they will finish Batch 1, so only Batch 2 is affected.

Is that batch 1 WITH the premium orders or will the premium orders that have been delivered and any premium orders being made now eat into that amount? Which would result in end of batch one people being moved over to batch 2 in there for the long runners?

You can probably guess where I'm in the queue? :D

Ultimately, I just think CC took on more than they could chew. Sadly most american businesses just operate in a simalar fashion now a days, and the government is of little to no use in helping american business get back to where we once where. It is really sad that so many businesses no longer stand behind their word, and or product.

Instead of them stepping up and saying......WOW, this project has been a huge undertaking for us, but we look forward to the future, and improving production to make it profotible for all involved, now they just seem to want to be done with the team, and this Pandora board. I'm sure at this point, they have not made any money, or maybe just breaking even, and to them that just won't work.

They wanted the business, and took it on, so they should stick it out, the same way OP has done, but sadly OP is a unique form of business that you don't see to often. CC appears to just want to do the bare minimum at this point as to not loose any more funds, and to get back to bare basic boards where they can have a high profit margin.

Oh well, I guess the team should have continued to look for another board maker awhile back when CC first started acting up, and then said they would change their ways. Now a bunch of time has been wasted, and the team should sue them and run their asses out of business(and use the money to fund a nice Pandora 2). As the team has lost HUGE amounts of funds due to CC and their delays.

Well another leason learned for the team. It was another hard one to take, but this project, and future projects will be better because of it. I can see by the ICP, that the team has learned how to do a product right after so many mistakes, and I have full confidence that this will get sorted out in time. Thanks again guys for all the dedication. I'm just sorry there are so many "SUCK ASS" companies out there who don't stand behind their own business! :(

Chris

Back