Hey, good idea actualy. XDQuote said:
Yupp, basicly this. Pyra will have improvements here and there for sure. And we must wait to see how the final Pyra case will look, the chances are good that it will have a much better overall quality. However, this does not solve the general design issues like the (strangely rounded) Lid design just does not fit right to the (edgy) base unit design. Not to get me wrong, I also don't like to rounded designs, today, alot of stuff looks like a piece of soap, I prefer edgy stuff if it's done right. There are some nice "rugged" Laptops out there that indeed look cool. And nothing beats an good old Mercedes G-Class SUV.Well, things I don't like about the Pandora case design - all personal opinion of course:
1. The corners on the lid - no need for such pronounced roundness which makes it look like a fisher-price design.
2. because of said corners we have those raised-and-rounded ends to the shoulder areas when the lid is open which leaves huge open sections below the lid when open which when opened at any angle doesn't look good - and is most pronounced when open in laptop position. When opened at 180 degrees, it leaves lumps to the sides in contrast to the sharp edges of the lower screen corners.
3. Number keys way too close to the hinge.
4. In contrast to the softened lid appearance, the lower half is all angles which, as has been pointed out numerous times before, cuts into the hands. The only part that is rounded is the lower corners which of course doesn't mitigate this in the slightest.
5. The recess around the inner lid is pretty sharp, and the recess around the actual screen seems pointless.
Imagine a Handheld that look like this car: