Parallel Production and new boards

Damn nice to hear that. Never knew that it would be that fast, need to save my money now lol :D
I would recommend Black, Silver or/and Dark Red (fits to the Pyra). <3 ED

Taurrent avatar is blatantly stolen from a picture ED posted of the Pyra keyboard, auto-cropped by the board's avatar engine.  I thought the pink background nub holes anthropomorphized nicely into eyes.  The power button gives it a big zit on the forehead, but such is life.  I'll replace it some day when ED tells me to stop using the picture he rendered or something else strikes me as interesting.  I should probably ask ED's permission for use - but since I'm using it on his boards only...  if my use was upsetting to him I'm pretty sure he'd let me know.
I'm sure with all you've done for us over the years ED won't mind you borrowing his PIC. I'd get some cream for that zit though ;)

My money is still ready, I can't wait. Then from there I might sell my Pandora, not sure how much though, but I sure am going to miss it.

My money is still ready, I can't wait. Then from there I might sell my Pandora, not sure how much though, but I sure am going to miss it.
There is a lot of stuff from my youth I wish I still had.

For that reason, I am going to keep my CC Pandora.

As an old man, I can pull it out and show it to some kid who's just come home with the latest AR/VR contact lenses and nanoMesh body glove.

Hopefully by that time it will be fairly trivial to synthesise replacement batteries and other parts in my little workshop.

Ready for some more old news now ;-)

Well, not much happening right now. We're all waiting for the stuff :)
We got a quotation for all the PCBs now (took a while), so I guess it's November until they're all ready.
Keymats should be the first things to arrive here :)

How is the screen situation with the rotator chip? Any numbers to give on latency and response time? Tearing/ghosting? Blurriness?

Any numbers to give on latency and response time? Tearing/ghosting? Blurriness?

I'm pretty sure the tech specs page listed the LCD as 20ms for response time but that seems to have been taken down now.

What was the Pandoras' screen rated as, for comparison?

Any numbers to give on latency and response time? Tearing/ghosting? Blurriness?

I'm pretty sure the tech specs page listed the LCD as 20ms for response time but that seems to have been taken down now.

What was the Pandoras' screen rated as, for comparison?
I think the candidate screen has 25ms response time, and the Pandora has 35ms response time I think.

Ready for some more old news now ;-)

Well, not much happening right now. We're all waiting for the stuff :)
We got a quotation for all the PCBs now (took a while), so I guess it's November until they're all ready.
Keymats should be the first things to arrive here :)
I have no real purpose for one, but part of me wants to buy a keymat and have it shipped just so I can hold something tangible related to the project.  That is an entirely silly concept of course.  So, I'm looking forward to some pictures of keymat(s) if/when you have a chance.

So the PCBs are done done? All bugs squashed, no more tweaks?
Those are Pre-Production PCBs (we ordered 18 of them) and hopefully, they will be bug free.
Well, we squashed all the bugs found with the current ones and didn't touch the working things, so they should be bugfree, yes.

5 - 8 (depending on the failure rate in production) of those units will be sold for about 1600 - 2000 EUR (we don't have the final production cost price yet).
Yes, it's quite a price, but in case someone is interested in a real prototype (with casing, etc.) with some signed certificate from the team, then it's possible to buy it. And it will help us with funding as well.

How is the screen situation with the rotator chip? Any numbers to give on latency and response time? Tearing/ghosting? Blurriness?

As said multiple times, the max latency the rotator chip can have is half a frame. It doesn't have more RAM for anything more ;)

As said multiple times, the max latency the rotator chip can have is half a frame. It doesn't have more RAM for anything more  ;)

How is the new screen for ghosting? Have you done the Sonic The Hedgehog test?  ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, we tested that looong ago already (without the rotator chip even), Sonic 2 works fine.

Quote said:
5 - 8 (depending on the failure rate in production) of those units will be sold for about 1600 - 2000 EUR (we don't have the final production cost price yet).
Yes, it's quite a price, but in case someone is interested in a real prototype (with casing, etc.) with some signed certificate from the team, then it's possible to buy it. And it will help us with funding as well.
Nice, could find buyers for sure. Advertise them as ultra rare Collectible Items, with traces made out of pure Gold! ;)

Quote said:
Yes, we tested that looong ago already (without the rotator chip even), Sonic 2 works fine.
Good old Sonic is still the best latency test. But I have no worries at all. Today, even the cheapest LCD's have a compared good response time and even "slow" IPS screens are much faster than older TN panels back then. The Pyra screen is afaik pretty expensive so it should be come with a fast response time. I expect much less than 25ms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back