Release Virtual Jaguar EX - Release

well, did You press ESC when VJ started [after choosing a game in EX Launcher] (like it was written in readme.txt) ?

VJ is a little quirky when bypassing params from command line :p

well, did You press ESC when VJ started [after choosing a game in EX Launcher] (like it was written in readme.txt) ?

VJ is a little quirky when bypassing params from command line :p

Yes I did press ESC , new files are working good ,I must of had some bad files or bios .. Thanks for the help :)

It's a shame that Firefox is no longer developing for the Panda - his Jag emulator ran Tempest 2K at quite a bit more than full speed.

D.

Maybe it was only optimised for T2000 [with custom t2000 hacks*] and firefox knows that it will run only T2000 with acceptabe speed, so after all he didnt released it.. you'll never know..

i remember there was a hack of vj somewhere that optimizes only T2000 with custom hacks few yrs ago..

anyway, i think theres many room to optimize VJ with custom cores [Motorola CPU emulation taken from UAE4ALL, for example]

Last edited:
It's a shame that Firefox is no longer developing for the Panda - his Jag emulator ran Tempest 2K at quite a bit more than full speed.

Maybe it was only optimised for T2000 [with custom t2000 hacks*] and firefox knows that it will run only T2000 with acceptabe speed, so after all he didnt released it.. you'll never know..

I'll ask him - I hang out on the same forums as he does. You never know, he might let me faff with the source.

D.

I'll ask him - I hang out on the same forums as he does. You never know, he might let me faff with the source.

D.

Yeah, just checked. T2K Emulator will run only T2000 game.. and nothing else

Hm, as the Jaguar had an 68k CPU, is Virtual Jaguar using Cyclone?

That should get most games running in fullspeed.

The Jaguar uses a 68k just to manage it's numerous other chips.

It's an exceptionally complex bit of hardware, you should read the Konix story about how it originated as it's an interesting read.

Using Cyclone won't speed up anything unless some Jag games only used the 68k and ignored the actual graphics hardware.

Ah, okay. Just checked Wikipedia and saw the 68k as main CPU :D

Did they do it similar to the Amiga with custom chips?

Last edited by a moderator:
lol ocean why do you assume he hasnt changed hi CPU settings to allow the OP level to change?
Doing higher opp the cpu won't last long. and of course on opp level 4 which runs games at 1000mhz

To clear things: my OP freeze on @ 851Mhz :)
It will freeze if you are using opp level 3,have you tried opp level 4 does it still freeze.

Opp level 3 for me is max 850mhz,so your 851mhz is correct.

huh, will check that. I dont remember checking/changing opp level previously.. [i would be surprised if it works :) ]
it does work 879mhz for opp3 957 mhz for opp4 1125mhz for opp5 is what ive been able to go to stable(stable as in running a highend game for 5 hours)

The Jaguar uses a 68k just to manage it's numerous other chips.

It's an exceptionally complex bit of hardware, you should read the Konix story about how it originated as it's an interesting read.

Using Cyclone won't speed up anything unless some Jag games only used the 68k and ignored the actual graphics hardware.

IIUC the 68k was in there just for light-duty tasks like polling the joypads. But the Jaguar custom chipset was so flawed that some games actually did use the 68k for some relatively heavy lifting. Still, you're right, Amdahl's Law applies here, using Cyclone would only speed it up so much.

i need to find it [it should be on my HDDs somewhere..]

Last edited:
Would be nice.

Geca: note that this is not the latest vj source, but latest Version from 1.xx line, which builds without qt 4.7.3.

I have placed the bios file where specified and have the ROM file labelled .jag where specified and nothing shows up

in the roms list.

Also why is this PND all showing up as Stella, icon is stella documentaion is Stella I'm confused :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I wait for the src, it's only because GPL and similar projects must include always src :)

And most of the existent and ported emulator are free projects.

Anyone has tested Kazumi ninja and Bubsy ?

Back