Release Virtual Jaguar EX - Release

S

StreaK

Whats this: Virtual Jaguar EX [Atari Jaguar emulator for Pandora]

Info: An open source emulator based on Jagem (Virtual Jaguar) for Linux with EX Lanucher and Notaz SDL pack.

Loading & playing:

Code:
get jagboot.rom and put it in [sdcard]/pandora/appdata/vj-ex-app/bios 

get games *.jag and put em in [sdcard]/pandora/appdata/vj-ex-app/roms

btw. the more you overclock your panda , the smoother playing will be [some games are playable on 800-850 Mhz like Cannon Fodder / Trevor MacFur.. ]

btw. Thanks for mcobit for providing src / bin's of VJ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S30HX5Bzb0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AP2obDJ8aM

Downloads: [as usual on FB Wall. Dont hate it.. love it ]

http://pnd.to/4floor

Many thanks for this StreaK, a few questions if i may..

Do the bios & games have to be jagboot.rom & .jag..? i have the bios & some games as .j64 are these incompatible..? & how does Tempest2K run

Cheers.

None of my roms (.jag) are showing up, do they have to be zipped/unzipped etc..?

Last edited by a moderator:
None of my roms (.jag) are showing up, do they have to be zipped/unzipped etc..?

where did You put 'em?

they need to be unzipped *.jag roms

in [sdcard]/pandora/appdata/vj-ex-app/roms/ dir

where did You put 'em?

They are all .jag & the location is correct, just to be sure i have them zipped & unzipped and nothing is showing up, are some games unsupported..?

where did You put 'em?

They are all .jag & the location is correct, just to be sure i have them zipped & unzipped and nothing is showing up, are some games unsupported..?

ok, found a bug. Please re-download pnd .. :)

take out the sd and reinster it, the libpnd may not have been triggered the last time you inserted the SD card.

take out the sd and reinster it, the libpnd may not have been triggered the last time you inserted the SD card.
or maybe you downloaded pnd while i up'ed fresh pnd and this results incomplete pnd.. :)

Cheers StreaK all is now well..

Alas the sublime Tempest2K is way too slow (even at 1ghz) to be anything close to playable, c'est la vie!.. but awesome work on this emu nevertheless

Garrett, could You check games like: Cybermorph / AvP / Kasumi Ninja on OC @ 1Ghz. I would like to know how VJ EX performs with these games. My OP cant go further than 850mhz

Thanks

StreaK

Cheers StreaK all is now well..

Alas the sublime Tempest2K is way too slow (even at 1ghz) to be anything close to playable, c'est la vie!.. but awesome work on this emu nevertheless
Yes you right Tempest is way to slow to be playable,it's better to keep it 800mhz.

What's the best speed for this emulator would you say 850mhz.

Garrett, could You check games like: Cybermorph / AvP / Kasumi Ninja on OC @ 1Ghz. I would like to know how VJ EX performs with these games. My OP cant go further than 850mhz

Thanks

StreaK
it can go further you will have to go into cpu settings and set the opp level 4,at the moment you are on opp level 3.

Kasumi works that's cool,on pc emulator this game doesn't work.

Flashback work at decent speed on 800mhz and very playable.

I will check more games which run on the emulator with good speed and playable.

lol ocean why do you assume he hasnt changed hi CPU settings to allow the OP level to change?
Doing higher opp the cpu won't last long. and of course on opp level 4 which runs games at 1000mhz

To clear things: my OP freeze on @ 851Mhz :)
It will freeze if you are using opp level 3,have you tried opp level 4 does it still freeze.

Opp level 3 for me is max 850mhz,so your 851mhz is correct.

lol ocean why do you assume he hasnt changed hi CPU settings to allow the OP level to change?
Doing higher opp the cpu won't last long. and of course on opp level 4 which runs games at 1000mhz

To clear things: my OP freeze on @ 851Mhz :)
It will freeze if you are using opp level 3,have you tried opp level 4 does it still freeze.

Opp level 3 for me is max 850mhz,so your 851mhz is correct.

huh, will check that. I dont remember checking/changing opp level previously.. [i would be surprised if it works :) ]

yeah 850 mhz is about the max on my Pandora before needing to go to OPP 4 or 5

Back