Release Virtual Jaguar EX - Release

Also why is this PND all showing up as Stella, icon is stella documentaion is Stella I'm confused :(

seems that your system in messed up somehow..

I have no idea what happened there, I pulled the cards and reinserted them and all is OK now.

I can run the emulator but cannot a get agame to run.

I choose the game required press x and wait and wait and wait, after waiting sometime I pressed

X again and a small window opened top left with an error message that I caanot read other than it

says Error then the message just disappears off screen.

Gotcha.. :) You didnt read the manual for VJ EX.. nor didnt read this thread carefully [*hint*hint] :p

Last edited:
Gotcha.. :) You didnt read the manual for VJ EX.. nor didnt read this thread carefully [*hint*hint] :p

Haha, thanks, bet this is not in the manual

Tried running Wolfenstien, sound is all over the place anf jittery and the bottom half of the screen

is a mess. I treid a couple of different roms from different places, same on all ROMs.

there is in manual :)

and yes. Wolfie is messed.

Last edited:
It's a shame that Firefox is no longer developing for the Panda - his Jag emulator ran Tempest 2K at quite a bit more than full speed.

Maybe it was only optimised for T2000 [with custom t2000 hacks*] and firefox knows that it will run only T2000 with acceptabe speed, so after all he didnt released it.. you'll never know..

I'll ask him - I hang out on the same forums as he does. You never know, he might let me faff with the source.

D.

Yeah, just checked. T2K Emulator will run only T2000 game.. and nothing else

It's based on Dio's source, and certainly does run other games as far as I recall - just without sound at present, and not all games are supported. As I said, when I next run into him, I'll ask and see if there's anything you can rip out to improve performance.

D.

Ok I wait for the src, it's only because GPL and similar projects must include always src :)

And most of the existent and ported emulator are free projects.

Anyone has tested Kazumi ninja and Bubsy ?
I have tested both games running on 1000mhz, kasumi ninja shows black floor and runs very slow and bubsy is also slow.

Best emulator was on the pc called virtual jaguar,can some of the files used from this emulator to the pandora version,can anyone look at this emulator and see anything can be done.

It is the SAME freaking emulator! Do you read anything before you post???

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... Granted it isn't the latest version, but I also said, that this doesn't work...

It is the SAME freaking emulator! Do you read anything before you post???
Oh yes it's the same emulator,my mistake.

Well vj is one of the best jag emulators,nothing can be done to improve this.

it's ok to have it on pandora but i doubt it will ever be improved and pc one runs 2.0ghz processor no way this going to run on pandora full speed with sound.

We had luck if firefox was in the scene it would have been awesome emulator but now jag emulator will stay like this for good.

I just tried alien vs predator it's very playable with good speed makesure to have dsp to off.

With dsp on it runs bit slower,if only turning on dsp can make games run faster and better sound will be great.

I just tried alien vs predator it's very playable with good speed makesure to have dsp to off.

With dsp on it runs bit slower,if only turning on dsp can make games run faster and better sound will be great.

Really AvP works with DSP off? I read compatibility list [which i added to VJ EX] and there was: DSP required..

Really AvP works with DSP off? I read compatibility list [which i added to VJ EX] and there was: DSP required..
It wasn't virtual jaguar the emulator i was talking about sorry for my confusion it's called project tempest v0.95 and plays many jag games inc. avp,chequered flag,T2000 at full speed with sound,streak take look at this emulator it's wicked.

It wasn't virtual jaguar the emulator i was talking about sorry for my confusion it's called project tempest v0.95 and plays many jag games inc. avp,chequered flag,T2000 at full speed with sound,streak take look at this emulator it's wicked.

Ah yes, this is a pretty funky little emu everything i tried ran without issue.. is a port possible StreaK? heldheld Tempest2K would be nirvana for me, i still own the original cart but alas my Jag has long since bitten the dust.

Ah yes, this is a pretty funky little emu everything i tried ran without issue.. is a port possible StreaK? heldheld Tempest2K would be nirvana for me, i still own the original cart but alas my Jag has long since bitten the dust.

sorry im a little as "configure/make" guy. Kick some really big fishes that swims in here and there on OP forum. :) . (btw Project Tempest seems to be closed src, right?)

It's a shame that Firefox is no longer developing for the Panda - his Jag emulator ran Tempest 2K at quite a bit more than full speed.

Maybe it was only optimised for T2000 [with custom t2000 hacks*] and firefox knows that it will run only T2000 with acceptabe speed, so after all he didnt released it.. you'll never know..

I'll ask him - I hang out on the same forums as he does. You never know, he might let me faff with the source.

D.

Does anyone have a .pnd they would be willing to share..?

D.

It's based on Dio's source, and certainly does run other games as far as I recall - just without sound at present, and not all games are supported. As I said, when I next run into him, I'll ask and see if there's anything you can rip out to improve performance.

D.

As long as I remember on PC I preferred Project Tempest over Virtual Jaguar. Although it's not been updated for a very long time it works really well and I was able to play Alien vs Predator with sound even on the very first EEE-PC (clocked at 900MHz).

The homepage is here:

http://pt.emuunlim.com/

When searching in Google the result says "An open source emulator for Windows and Windows/SDL capable of running titles such as Tempest 2000 and Pinball Fantasies" but I couldn't find any link to the source.

Maybe the author is willing to share some thoughts though.

Back