Release VirtualJaguar EX - Video

S

StreaK

Virtual Jaguar EX

Whats this: Freshy fresh vj + EX launcher.

Info:

+ Some games are almost playable on OC @ 800Mhz like RayMan / Rayden / Flashback /

+ Some games are fully playable on OC @ 800Mhz like Cannon Fodder / Trevor McFur in crescent Galaxy / Pinball Fantasies / Double Dragon 5 /

+ Hopefull* Pandora OC @ 900Mhz-1Ghz should render games like RayMan / Rayden / Flashback / and few others fully playable [without sound].

* - I didnt checked because my OP can be OC only to 830-850Mhz.

Video:

Cannon Fodder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk49sB3XLbE

Last edited:
Oh yes someone is trusted in jaguar emulator.

Jag had some games which only were better on jag only,titles such as tempest 2000,breakout 2000,zero 5,rayman,iron soldier 2 and many others.

Continue your work on this and make my dream come true,i always wanted this for pandora but firefox gave us false promises can't believe stopped developing the program.

When would you release the pnd on jag emulator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Virtual Jaguar EX

Whats this: Freshy fresh vj + EX launcher.

Info:

+ Some games are almost playable on OC @ 800Mhz like RayMan / Rayden / Flashback /

+ Some games are fully playable on OC @ 800Mhz like Cannon Fodder / Trevor McFur in crescent Galaxy / Pinball Fantasies / Double Dragon 5 /

+ Hopefull* Pandora OC @ 900Mhz-1Ghz should render games like RayMan / Rayden / Flashback / and few others fully playable [without sound].

* - I didnt checked because my OP can be OC only to 830-850Mhz.

Video:

Uploading..
ill check can oc to 1075 mhz does this play jaguar cds ripped to cdi format as i can check that too.

Hi Streak,

as I saw it on your list while browsing I would really like to know what's the status of Alien vs. Predator. Is there any chance it will be playable anytime

soon? This is actually the main reason why I'm desperately waiting for Jaguar Emulation on the Pandora.

Hi Streak,

as I saw it on your list while browsing I would really like to know what's the status of Alien vs. Predator. Is there any chance it will be playable anytime

soon? This is actually the main reason why I'm desperately waiting for Jaguar Emulation on the Pandora.

I dont think that we will get VJ in that state when it will play all games with sound on OC'd pandora. To do it VJ should be re-written from ground-up, and seems that nobody want to do it. Original VJ slows down even on 2Ghz cpu's.

AvP works , but isnt really playable [ugh, maybe if you OC your panda to 1.2Ghz :p ] since DSP part of VJ required by AVP is really slow [and might be unoptimised]. Games that dont need to use DSP are playable like cannon fodder / rayman / trevor mcfur / and other. Some games still lags even without DSP OFF [especially games that was badly coded]

Actually when i watched the videos games looked slow,reason for that was i was watching through pandora.

Games are running on good speed and very playable,can you make it run with sound and playable speeds.

Can you make videos on iron soldier 2,tempest 2000,rayman,chequered flag.

So you did something with my binaries.

Did the use of notaz SDL give any speed improvements?

If you get the openglcode to work, maybe this could improve speed a bit, too.

Ah well, I should get to recompiling it and fix the glesissues, when I get my Pandora back.

Or maybe you can just debug that. Shouldn't be too hard. I think the problem is with integration of eglport or just wrong texture format.

The rest I have prepared to compile quite easily in the source you have.

If you want to get the latest version working, there is Qt 4.7.3 on sebt3's buildtools page. Should be worth a try.

This version is rather outdated.

Is there a place to download this? I would love to give it a try as I still have a jaguar plus

70 games.

Click the wall link, then scroll down to the entry for the 11th of Jan, as per the date of the announcing first post of this thread. Its only about 14 entries down and says ‎[OpenPandora] Virtual Jaguar EX is here: (followed by the link) :)

I cant currently get it to recognise my romset personally, it just lists them all briefly stating "mv: rom name and same rom name : they are the same file" for each one and then the list goes blank. I'm using .jag roms and have the jagboot.rom and am using a "goodJagmerge" set or some such.

May you have better luck than I :)

I cant currently get it to recognise my romset personally, it just lists them all briefly stating "mv: rom name and same rom name : they are the same file" for each one and then the list goes blank. I'm using .jag roms and have the jagboot.rom and am using a "goodJagmerge" set or some such.

that "mv: rom name and same rom name : they are the same file" is just fixing rom names from "atari carts.jag" to "Atari.Carts.jag". Put the roms in ./roms dir and re-start your VJ EX, roms should pop up without manual scanning.. [and dont touch manual scanning :) ]

Click the wall link, then scroll down to the entry for the 11th of Jan, as per the date of the announcing first post of this thread. Its only about 14 entries down and says ‎[OpenPandora] Virtual Jaguar EX is here: (followed by the link) :)

Having exactly the same issue, I have jagboot.rom in bios folder and unzipped .jag roms in roms folder, all that happens is it scans the roms, renames them, then nothing, no roms displayed, just blank

Back