figure out how to load states in MAME

upload the .pnd

Nice.. Mine looks a little different:

[X] wear tutu :)

[ ] adjust controls in mame [pedal->mouse]

[ ] checks wec le mans / buggy boy with adjusted controls

[ ] add image preview into mame ex [still wip .. this will take some time..]

[ ] check the code [here and there]
Liking this little duel checking back every 10 mins its cheering up my night m8 keep up the good work .Ps could you try Space bomber it used to make me laugh such a sick fun game same hardware as strikers 1945 2 i think.

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] adjust controls in mame [pedal->nubs] [pedal inc -> nub up / pedal dec -> nub down] -> works

[X] checks wec le mans / buggy boy with adjusted controls -> [works]

2morrow another video with: WEC Le Mans / Smash TV / bubble memories / street fighter alpha 3 / Battle Bakraid / Dodonpachi / power drift

StreaK at the risk of sounding a bit demanding i have a request if i may,

If you haven't already tried any chance of incl any of the Toaplan shmups: Batsugun, Dogyuun, Truxton/2 etc etc in your next video or just reporting how well (or not) they run, as they often present lots of problems in different Mame builds.. graphical anomalies, no or garbled sound/music etc.

Thanks.

All this sounds quite exciting, thank you! Comparing it with the current version of MAME4ALL that we already have on the Pandora, would you say it runs as fast for the same game (like, for example, Ghouls n' Ghosts) ? Or was compatibility increased at the expense of speed?

Last edited by a moderator:
All this sounds quite exciting, thank you! Comparing it with the current version of MAME4ALL that we already have on the Pandora, would you say it runs as fast for the same game (like, for example, Ghouls n' Ghosts) ? Or was compatibility increased at the expense of speed?
Unfortunately mame started to go down that road after 106 but it is still exciting that a new build is coming out with current builds you would probably need a dual core processor running at 2ghz or higher to get decent speeds on higher end cpus (by higher end i mean dual sh2,sh3,68ec020 etc) all single core 68000 based games should run fullspeed if the pandora is overclocked this depends on alot of other factors though.Also most of these games run on mame4all so if its earlier games you want ie pre 1990 mame4all is the way to go.

Streak, here is what I think is an interesting request. - Feel free to upload the pnd and incoroporate this later on though!!!

Is there......any way of incorporating a genre/category feature to the menu system. With thousands of games I've never heard of I think it would be great if you could choose games by category. Is there a datafile somewhere which has all the categories and other information? Maybe also sort by year, etc, etc.

I think that would make selecting a game in MAME awesome and save a lot of scrolling and trial and error.

Cheers

Back