Release DosBox EX

[edit]Sorry, thought I had a bug but it was actually my own mistake[/edit]

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any plan to work on the touch screen issue? I really would like to be able to play games like Civilization and The Incredible Machine with the touchscreen rather than nubs.

Yes, there is a plan to fix SDL touchscreen issue in next DB EX releases.. but if it will be fixed, DB EX will lost native fullscreen 800x480 resolution. So there are two options: 800x480 and no touchscreenfix or 640x480 and touchscreenfix ON..

BTW. Can any of You check is DB EX works on TV-Out? [db ex using overlay so it might not work]

Last edited:
Dos Games are usualy in 4:3, so I see no disadvantage in using 640x480. :) Stretching these games to widescreen is never a good Idea, I would prefer correct aspect ratio anyways. ^^

Can you not scale the touchscreen coordinates when reading directly from the hardware? Or are you relying on the system's translation of touchscreen events into mouse events instead?

I do understand that more code would be needed to use the touchscreen directly, but it would be worth it to go the extra mile.

D.

I would agree here. Just don't scale to fullscreen. 4:3 is fine and if any dosgame can natively use 800x480, ipt will do so automaticlly. Really no need to stretch.

Personally I would rather see the black borders on the sides than see stretched out versions of my favorite DOS games..

Just updated my DosBox EX to v3 with NOTAZ SDL Libs

heres the list of games that works with touchscreen / not work with touchscreen [99% of them works fullspeed]

Code:
Touchpad working / notworking games for DosBox EX v3

-[working ]-----------------

dreamweb

eye of the beholder 2

curse of enchantia [after clicking a lot, it become desynced.. but it could be overridden]

gabriel knight

krypton egg [V-desync but still fully playable]

lands of lore

red hell / nazi paradox

crime city

civilisation

deja vu2

dungeon hack

hired guns

high seas trader

life and death

nuclear war

tajemnica statuetki

companions of xanth

dead of night

sherlock holmes [EA]

dune 2

elder scrolls arena [hard to config touchscreen and kinda slow to play..]

ultima underworld [after clicking a lot, it become desynced.. but it could be overridden]

castles 2

legends of valour

-[not working - desynced ]-------------

diggers

hook

warlords 2

theme park

kgb

operation stealth

les menley lost in la

spellcasting 301

space hulk

betrayal at krondor

rex nebular

sabre team

worms

stronghold

syndicate

black sect

bat

history line

cannon fodder

cannon fodder 2

heart of china

capitalism [hi-res]

discovery

front lines

geisha

m and m: darkside of xeen

Last edited:
Did you implement the djwillis touchscreenfix already? I think notaz sdl won't help with the desyncproblem.

Did you implement the djwillis touchscreenfix already? I think notaz sdl won't help with the desyncproblem.

touchscreenfix will not help as well if game uses own mouse sensivity. it depends on game. "infamous" example is cannon fodder which will not work on any dosbox [with tsfix or notaz sdl] build because [i think, correct me if im wrong..] of custom mouse sensitivity implemented in this games.

other examples: space hulk..

edit1:

updated list from prev post..

Last edited:
If I wasn't so poor (really, I'm very poor, I quite literally have less than nothing) I'd give you a healthy donation. Good work, I can't wait for more from you.

EDIT: I just remembered, when I played theSherlock Holmes game, on both PC and Pandora, dosbox crashed during the intro when the cat knocked over the bottle behind the theatre. Turning off sounblaster (and using gus instead) prevented this, but it means you don't get the sampled effects. I wonder if this bug is still there in this release. Once I check it out I'll let you all know. Also, it's a bugger Rex Nebular goes out of sync - I really want to play that game. I think SCUMM is working on it, though don't think it's ready to play yet. I'm personally wondering about Star Trek Judgment Rites and 25th Anniversary with mouse support. I'd also like Tex Murphy 1 and 2 (and 3 - ha ha) not to mention Innocent Until Caught. I will get round to cheking these and report back. If anyone has any requests let me know - though I might not get round to it immediately. Also, if you test them before me, please report your findings.

EDIT 2: Daft idea probably, but would it be possible to "calibrate" custom mouse speeds by detecting the value somehow. For example, click on where the mouse pointer is on screen, move the pointer with the nubs then click on screen where pointer is now. By doing that several times, could you not work out the custom values required? It's probably too complex, just thought I'd air my idea and see if some genius and make use of it.

Thank you so muck Streak! ;) Did you try Darkseed, by the way? I'm curious to know if it works with the fixed mouse.

Edit: just checked your FB wall, but it seems the download link is not there yet. I suppose you are still playing with it ;)

Did you try, id the mouse runs good in windowed mode? If it does, the djwillisfix might work.

Back