Release MAME EX - Beta [Video]

@ Streak : Many thanks for all your hard work with this, it looks like it's shaping up to be the definitive version of Mame for Pandora. Just wondering if you could confirm a couple of things :

1) This will use the Mame 0.110 romset

2) What speed you have the Pandora clocked at when you're making your demo videos (really hoping it's not 1Ghz ;) )

1) This will use the Mame 0.110 romset

2) What speed you have the Pandora clocked at when you're making your demo videos (really hoping it's not 1Ghz ;) )

1. Yeah, but any previous romset should work [as i stated previously -> very old roms from RomNation works]

2. 800Mhz, but if You're hardcore enough , you can OC it to 1Ghz for smoother play [i think that MK / MK2 and maybe UMK should play normally on 1Ghz (not tested) ]

btw. Nubs cant be used as normal joystick [i tried that, it would be excellent for shmups..]. Sorry..

but hey, ... nubs will be working as lightgun / pedal [up/down] / paddle in MAME EX.

cheers..

Does the romset that's used for MAME4ALL work with this new version, or is that far too antiquated entirely? ;)

it should, but im not 100% sure. You'll need to check it by yourself [hint* maybe in this month ;) ]

btw. Smash TV is not working [this was not expected].. i'll investigate... :)

Nice to see Bubble Memories :)

Too bad it doesn't run at a playable speed, but I definitely wasn't expecting it :D

i think B Memories is playable enough, only music + sounds delays are crappy, but can be played with sound off.

Smashtv uses double analog joysticks on the real cabinet.

i think B Memories is playable enough, only music + sounds delays are crappy, but can be played with sound off.

Aaaaw, I don't like playing games without music :D

But looking at the counter and the game, it seems to run at about 70-80% speed only.

But looking at the counter and the game, it seems to run at about 70-80% speed only.
Like i said earlier taito f3 hardware is processor hungry whereas konami gx ie salamander 2 is fullspeed nearly with 1ghz overclock with higher clockspeed strange?(with 106)

Sounds like an overclock to 1 Ghz might well help then. From my understanding overclocking to 1 Ghz is by no means pushing the envelope. From memory the expected mean time between failure for the Pandora chip at 1 Ghz is something like 10,000 hours, which equates to over 13 years if you use the Pandora for 2 hours every day (at 1 Ghz). Forgive me if I'm wrong with this, it was discussed quite some time ago on the boards.

Sounds like an overclock to 1 Ghz might well help then. From my understanding overclocking to 1 Ghz is by no means pushing the envelope. From memory the expected mean time between failure for the Pandora chip at 1 Ghz is something like 10,000 hours, which equates to over 13 years if you use the Pandora for 2 hours every day (at 1 Ghz). Forgive me if I'm wrong with this, it was discussed quite some time ago on the boards.
Bubble memories only runs at 83% and thats with my pandora overclocked to 1075mhz

I've been looking at the games it plays,it seems awesome in every respect,it good to see super hang on running so well.

I do agree with ed saying don't like to play games without music,i don't prefer to play games without music,it's full gaming experience.

Back