Release UAE4All 2.0

Certainly lots of improvements flooding in at a rate of knots, looking forward to trying this out when the new version gets posted!

That new CPU menu options are mightily impressive, coupled with tinylauncher makes Amiga emulation a very different experience, more more instant( if that makes any sense?))

Yay, yet another new version to test! Did I already mention that since about ten years I only test emulators, configuration-setups and try to sort out bad games? I hardly really play a game intensively anymore. But it's a different kind of fascination. :) Thanks for the update, sounds exciting.

I tried Frontier with the new version CPU-speed set to 1200 and frameskip set to 1, soundrate at 22khz/fast. The Pandora was set to 820Mhz. Comparing it to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbegNmKRZUM, performance varies between "as fluid as" to "noticeable choppier" depending on the content, but in general don't expect the performance shown in the video while playing the game. I played it a little trying to figure out the controls, knowing little about where to head to. It's playable, but still might be annoying to play in fights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be interesting how well Frontier runs at 1+GHz with "A1200 Turbo" speed setting.

New version is up:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=uae4all

This has a bunch of bugfixes by TomB:

- fixed problem with audio after restore of saved state

- increased size for filenames to match largest size ever used in uae (256 chars)

- HAM bugfix

- Savestates bugfix: Kickstart version gets restored properly

- Savestates bugfix: register uspreg gets saved and restored

- zfile bugfix: length of a string was too small for content

- Change for "preset A500": fastmem was 512K, is now 0

- custom controls bugfix: increased string mapping to have enough space for all possible value

excellent! oh I thought we`d seen the possible save state fix go in? ( not that it seemed to work for me! )

Downloaded..

hmmm any reason why I have to reboot to get this update to work? noticed that the last couple of times now..

Darren

EDIT: Yay! no more save state audio bug :)

Good stuff John/TomB

This is just awesome to see so many improvements to this fantastic emulator. Thank you guys!

I'm wondering if this new momentum could lead to a fix about the mouse cursor offset, making adventure games much more enjoyable to play. ;)

If someone has a problem with loading config / loading savestate, please send me a PM with the used disk file, global config and disk specific config. I want to reproduce the bug on my pandorda and get rid of all the problems.

I'm wondering if this new momentum could lead to a fix about the mouse cursor offset, making adventure games much more enjoyable to play. ;)
I want to fix this problem to play Lemmings with the stylus...

I have noticed a small issue, but this has been present for a while now.

Under Miscellanous options there are four control configs to choose from; these let you set autofire, space bar, fire button and second fire button. If I set up a custom control config under the main menu and set the left mouse button to A (which is autofire under the set control config options) then it appears to register both inputs.

I have found this with Elite II: Frontier. If I start the game at the Ross 154 system I am wating in the docking area. If I press A (which I have set as the left mouse button under custom configs but it also autofire under the standard config) to select the star map or other icon then it also registers as the auotfire button and the laser fires, although not all the time.

When you set up a custom control config it doesn't look like it is disabling in the standard configs and they are running together and registering both inputs, is there any way to be able to switch off the standard configs when setting up a custom config?

Thanks for all you work! :)

I want to fix this problem to play Lemmings with the stylus...

That would really be awesome... doesn't seem to be trivial though.

You'd have to grab and hack the position of the Amiga mousepointer directly off the emulator, I guess.

And many games use their own positioning of the cursor.

Yep. We'd need a library of hacks, one for each game which tells the emu where to read pointer pos and how to set it. Would be quite cool though - carrier command is very difficult to play with the nubs :)

D.

What happens if you select a standard config that doesn't have (A) as autofire?
The same thing. All of the standard configs use (A) as either fire or autofire.

Does the attached pnd solve the issue?

No, still exists. All of the buttons on the standard config cause the problem, I think that is because in Frontier space bar is fire laser, so is fire button one and probably button 2 and the autofire also triggers it.

Thanks for trying, any other ideas?

And many games use their own positioning of the cursor.

Yep. We'd need a library of hacks, one for each game which tells the emu where to read pointer pos and how to set it. Would be quite cool though - carrier command is very difficult to play with the nubs :)

D.

Well... I can think of solutions here, for example a calibrator.

The problem with the Amiga mouse is that it doesn't have an absolute position.

When you move the original Amiga mouse, the game / system just moves the mouse however it is programmed - with different speed, etc.

The emulator doesn't know where the pointer is and it doesn't know what mouse speed your game has.

So there are a few things that the emulator needs to know so simulate mouse movement.

The first is: "Where is the mousepointer?"

This is easy - just let the user click on the position of the mousepointer. Then the emulator knows where it is.

The second is: "How fast does the mouse move?"

This could be done using a simple calibration method:

The emulator could ask the user first, where the mousepointer is right now.

Then it shows a spot on the screen where the user should click. It moves the mousepointer depending on some default settings.

The user should then click on the screen where the mousepointer really is. It recalculates the simulated movement settings.

Then the emulator shows another spot on the screen where the user should click. It then moves the mousepointer again depending on the newly calculated settings.

This should be repeated until the spot where you should click is the spot where the mousepointer really moved is the same for 2 - 4 times.

If you save these settings, then all you would have to do when running the same game again would be telling the system one time where the mousepointer is right now (with some hotkey).

This should work.

What happens if you select a standard config that doesn't have (A) as autofire?
The same thing. All of the standard configs use (A) as either fire or autofire.

Does the attached pnd solve the issue?

No, still exists. All of the buttons on the standard config cause the problem, I think that is because in Frontier space bar is fire laser, so is fire button one and probably button 2 and the autofire also triggers it.

Thanks for trying, any other ideas?
Plz post your frontier.conf. I'll look into the issue tomorrow (sry, no time today).

Back