Release UAE4All 2.0

Slightly unrelated note, I'm trying to follow ED's guide to installing Tinylauncher, but when I copy across my games to his precreated games.hdf, when I try to boot that to create the database (as per instructions), I get the same menu asking me do I want to copy the games over, even though I no longer have the whdload directory mounted (trust me, it makes mroe sense if yoyu've read the guide!! :blink: ). Anybody have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Aah, I got an idea... you need to close the window that shows the status of the copied files in the end. Otherwise it won't update the startup-sequence.

I'll update that. No need to start over though. Just make the hardfile dh1 and the WHDLoad Dir dh0 again and let him recopy. It should skip the games it already copied.

Is there any chance we could have a separate thread setup for Tiny Launcher/WHDload as any asstistance from ED or others with using it etc

is going to get lost inside this UAE4ALL thread ?

Just an idea :)

EDIT: Just created a thread for TinyLauncher :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose I should have started a new topic for that.... :unsure:

Do you think people should roll back to an earlier version in the meantime until these issues are ironed out?
There are no changes in handling of configurations and restore of savestates aren't working for everyone. If you don't need savestates, it's better to use to older version. On my pandora, savestates working fine (except the sound issue). So I use the new one.

Just some pointers to the problems I was getting, it may help you.

The save state seemed to save OK, but on loading back UAE4ALL crashed back to Minimenu.

On restarting UAE4ALL after trying to use Save states I would either get the sound issue or

when trying to load an ADF in appeared in every drive allocated, then would not load.

Only solution I found to get it back working was to reinstall UAE4ALL.

Hope this helps.

Did you try it in XFCE ? I don`t have issues with save states in the Full desktop version...

or I could try in minimenu I guess!

See if it`s related to either launcher

How does Frontier run under the 68020 emulation? Is it any good or still too slow?

The colon ( : ) does not work. Testing my WHD-setup is pretty much impossible without it because CLI rules, or zshell to be precise.

Am I the only one? Same thing with the previous version. Nothing wrong with the key itself. Would be extra super nice if there were a bonus option in the start-button control toggler which makes the shoulder buttons act like shift & ctrl and d-pad as arrows.

The colon ( : ) does not work. Testing my WHD-setup is pretty much impossible without it because CLI rules, or zshell to be precise.

Am I the only one? Same thing with the previous version. Nothing wrong with the key itself. Would be extra super nice if there were a bonus option in the start-button control toggler which makes the shoulder buttons act like shift & ctrl and d-pad as arrows.

Did you try to hold the left shoulderbutton while pressing fn and ; ?

Did you try to hold the left shoulderbutton while pressing fn and ; ?
Yes, no dice. Same thing with the question mark ( ? ) , the plus sign ( + ), the double quote ( " ), the number sign ( # ) and all of the top row fn-keys. I'm not using any custom keymaps in my amiga setup.

And on the side note there is something funky with the scaler. None of the settings gives as clear text as WinUAE in the same resolution. I get same kind of blockyness when WinUAE runs in "lores" mode, and that ain't normal. The effect is not that clear in games, but a remnant of the GP2X screen size perhaps? I also have a couple of real Amigas so there is no way it should look like this.

I understand UAE4ALL is mainly for gaming, but Pandy is not just a toy after all :)

I've got a First-batch-Pandora and tried Frontier at 825mhz (900 made it crash). uae4all was set to 020 with ECS. The animation of the intro was at guessed 2-3 frames per seconds. Out of curiosity I also tried it with 68000-emulation without any noticeable change. I don't know what you consider "any good" and I can't remember how fast it was on a real Amiga, but I suppose you'd need at least a 1Ghz-Pandora to get close to a fun-experience.

Didn't have the time right now to try the game itself.

I suppose you'd need at least a 1Ghz-Pandora to get close to a fun-experience:
That won't make a noticeable difference either. UAE4All currently always runs at about A500-speed which is enough for 2D AGA games but 3D games are just as slow as on a standard A500.

That'll explain why I can never get Alien Breed 3D to run at anything more than a snails pace!

Asked Toni Wilen about the speed issue now and he told me how to get approximate A1200-speed. Exact frequency settings are only available in cycle-exact emulation (which Pandora won't ever achieve) but the difference between the exact frequency and approximate A1200-speed is probably not noticeable to human beings in most cases.

I'll try to implement this and provide a new pnd soon (hopefully with a lot more emulated cpu power).

Sounds like there's a lot of work being done from every angle on this emulator at present, thanks again to everyone on the team! UAE4ALL is my top emulator, it was the main buying point for me for the Pandora itself originally:)

Tried the change and it seemed to have worked. Tested Wings because that games seems to have no speed limit in-game. It was a lot faster than usually - too fast. But at 800MHz I had to use frameskip 1 to get stable 25fps. At 1000MHz it ran at stable 50fps with frameskip 0 though. But Wings is one of the least demanding Amiga games (it even ran well on PSP UAE4All) so I think most games will need frameskip 1 with this "speedy" mode (which won't make a difference for games like Frontier because that runs at less than 25fps on an A1200 anyway).

What speed was Wings running at before you tried this speed hack?

With 25fps and 50fps I just meant the frames the emulator can render per second. That has nothing to do with the # of frames at which Wings runs in the dogfight sequences. I don't know how fast Wings is at standard A500-speed. I guess about 8 or 10fps. At A1200-speed that was like 40fps.

New version up now:

http://repo.openpand...ail&app=uae4all

2 changes - thanks to Toni Wilen we can now emulate faster Amiga CPUs and also play Roadkill.

1) Added Amiga CPU speed settings (in Misc. menu):

- A500 = approximate Amiga 500 speed (68000 @7.14MHz)

- A500T = Amiga 500 Turbo (68000 @14.28MHz)

- A1200 = approximate Amiga 1200 speed (68020 @14.28MHz)

- A1200T = Amiga 1200 Turbo (68020 @ 28.56MHz)

The speed setting can be changed at runtime (no reset required) and gets saved/restored in configs.

2) MULL() and DIVL() in FAME/C fixed - Roadkill works now (other AGA games might be fixed, too). Before you couldn't accelerate in Roadkill. Fixed now.

Sadly Slam Tilt still has the score counter bug. If you want to contribute to fix this here's a thread at EAB regarding the issue: http://eab.abime.net...ead.php?t=66732

@TomB: The variable for Amiga CPU speed is "mainMenu_CPU_speed" while for Pandora CPU speed it's "mainMenu_cpuSpeed". That's confusing of course, but I had no time to change the names.

Btw., you're a UAE4All-maintainter in the repo now and can update the PND and changelog yourself in the future.

I think that's it from me for this emu for now.

Sorry, but those options are not present in the miscellaneous menu. Can't find them in any other menus either.

D.

Damn. Something went wrong. I'll upload again in a couple of hours.

Also just received some new fixes from TomB.

Back