Release UAE4All 2.0

I have the sound lag issue when restoring save states.. in and out of the menu fixes it..

When you load a state.. the sound is garbled for a a second or two.. then it`s out of sync..

I don`t have crash issues or anything... just this lag issue...

Why, what did you do back when these games were played on real hardware?

I for my part tried to ignore the nagging of my mother to do my homework.

I salute you, sedulous heroes of the savestateless voyages within the infinite Amiga-universe! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not gotten to try this new version out too much yet, but am having problems with it crashing(and I deleted all config files before I ran it). One game I tried, the Addams family loaded, but now seems to be in French(!) and another Ruff add Tumble, doesn't seem to want to load at all(crashes back into the desktop) anyone else having problems?

Not gotten to try this new version out too much yet, but am having problems with it crashing(and I deleted all config files before I ran it). One game I tried, the Addams family loaded, but now seems to be in French(!) and another Ruff add Tumble, doesn't seem to want to load at all(crashes back into the desktop) anyone else having problems?

Yup, me if you read through the thread :p

I'm going back to the version before all this started.

I think the version on the Repo should be put back to V2.0.0.4 as this new version is causing issues with sound, and crashing and lagging.

Yup, me if you read through the thread :p

I'm going back to the version before all this started.

I'll give this most recent one a better run through tonight and what results I get! Will admit I've never encountered a situation where the language of a game changed since the previous version of the emulator (My Addams family ADF was playing in English before, now it's French! :blink: )

Arrrggghhh I deleted v2.0.0.4 anybody know where I get it please.

Just something I have noticed with all these different versions, is in the included documention in the PNDs from v2.0.0.2 upto the present version all state v2.0.0.2

Slightly unrelated note, I'm trying to follow ED's guide to installing Tinylauncher, but when I copy across my games to his precreated games.hdf, when I try to boot that to create the database (as per instructions), I get the same menu asking me do I want to copy the games over, even though I no longer have the whdload directory mounted (trust me, it makes mroe sense if yoyu've read the guide!! :blink: ). Anybody have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

After reading about the problems with the configuration loading and the permanently advice to delete all configuration files, I started to review the handling and loading of configs. I already found some issues (for example, boot from HD is not set correctly when loading a disk-specific config), but it took more time to review all.

The next version will be posted in "beta testing" and there should be no reason to delete all config files...

After reading about the problems with the configuration loading and the permanently advice to delete all configuration files, I started to review the handling and loading of configs. I already found some issues (for example, boot from HD is not set correctly when loading a disk-specific config), but it took more time to review all.

The next version will be posted in "beta testing" and there should be no reason to delete all config files...

Do you think people should roll back to an earlier version in the meantime until these issues are ironed out?

Slightly unrelated note, I'm trying to follow ED's guide to installing Tinylauncher, but when I copy across my games to his precreated games.hdf, when I try to boot that to create the database (as per instructions), I get the same menu asking me do I want to copy the games over, even though I no longer have the whdload directory mounted (trust me, it makes mroe sense if yoyu've read the guide!! :blink: ). Anybody have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Aah, I got an idea... you need to close the window that shows the status of the copied files in the end. Otherwise it won't update the startup-sequence.

I'll update that. No need to start over though. Just make the hardfile dh1 and the WHDLoad Dir dh0 again and let him recopy. It should skip the games it already copied.

Aah, I got an idea... you need to close the window that shows the status of the copied files in the end. Otherwise it won't update the startup-sequence.

I'll update that. No need to start over though. Just make the hardfile dh1 and the WHDLoad Dir dh0 again and let him recopy. It should skip the games it already copied.

It was going to the end of copying all the games, then I would get a completed message, but on the original window it still says copying data. I know that from have a wuick look at the scripts inside your whdload directory that it should alter the starup sequence of the HDF to point to towards Tinylauncher when it's finished, I just couldn't figure out why it hadn't....

(thanks as ever for your hard work in compiling all this info together, it does look like a much speedier way of launching Amiga HD games!!)

Do you think people should roll back to an earlier version in the meantime until these issues are ironed out?
There are no changes in handling of configurations and restore of savestates aren't working for everyone. If you don't need savestates, it's better to use to older version. On my pandora, savestates working fine (except the sound issue). So I use the new one.

Thanks for the information Tom. :) As I said above, I'd not even gotten as far as trying anything with savestates or anything under these recent updates, was having enough trouble with good old standard adf's!! (I will admit I've not gotten to try much on my Pandora this week, will try to get time at the weekend to investigate further)

There are no changes in handling of configurations and restore of savestates aren't working for everyone. If you don't need savestates, it's better to use to older version. On my pandora, savestates working fine (except the sound issue). So I use the new one.

Good stuff... me too. I have the sound issue when restoring states.. other than that it`s working fine.. I need to get to looking into HD`s next :)

Thanks Tom :) keep up the good work and I`m looking forward to the beta :)

Just some pointers to the problems I was getting, it may help you.

The save state seemed to save OK, but on loading back UAE4ALL crashed back to Minimenu.

On restarting UAE4ALL after trying to use Save states I would either get the sound issue or

when trying to load an ADF in appeared in every drive allocated, then would not load.

Only solution I found to get it back working was to reinstall UAE4ALL.

Hope this helps.

Back