Release UAE4All 2.0

Here you go, thanks for looking. let me know if you need anything else.

I had to change .conf to .zip as it would not let me attach a .conf file, just rename this attachment .conf

Frontier.zip

Attachments

• Frontier.zip
    720 bytes · Views: 188
I see all you did was map left and right mousebuttons to (A) and (B ) (and dpad=mouse movement). No need to use custom controls for this - just press START during emulation to switch to mouse emulation mode. Not long back I've changed the mouse-buttons to be on (A) and (B ) in this mode.

I see all you did was map left and right mousebuttons to (A) and (B ) (and dpad=mouse movement). No need to use custom controls for this - just press START during emulation to switch to mouse emulation mode. Not long back I've changed the mouse-buttons to be on (A) and (B ) in this mode.

Indeed.. and you updated the docs to that affect too :)

I tried that too and I have the same issues in Frontier. I tried it using custom controls as well just to see if it made any difference.

I tried that too and I have the same issues in Frontier. I tried it using custom controls as well just to see if it made any difference.

Thanks again for your tests. It's fixed now:

http://repo.openpand...ail&app=uae4all

Btw., tried Frontier myself. At A1200-speed with 800 MHz and frameskip 1 it's playable but at A1200 Turbo-speed with 1050 MHz (and still frameskip 1) it seems to run very well.

Best screenmode for Frontier is 320x200 upscaled preset mode ([R]+[L]+1), Vertical Position 2 and I suggest reducing mousespeed to .5 or .25.

Some info about the game: accelerate with "Return", decelerate with "Right Shift", move with "hold right mouse button+dpad", fire with SPACE (use custom controls to set these to the ABXY-buttons).

Attached a Frontier reference.

frontier.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks again for your tests. It's fixed now:

http://repo.openpand...ail&app=uae4all

Btw., tried Frontier myself. At A1200-speed with 800 MHz and frameskip 1 it's playable but at A1200 Turbo-speed with 1050 MHz (and still frameskip 1) it seems to run very well.

Best screenmode for Frontier is 320x200 upscaled preset mode ([R]+[L]+1), Vertical Position 2 and I suggest reducing mousespeed to .5 or .25.

Some info about the game: accelerate with "Return", decelerate with "Right Shift", move with "hold right mouse button+dpad", fire with SPACE (use custom controls to set these to the ABXY-buttons).

Attached a Frontier reference.

Thanks John, much appreciated! :) I'll give this a test tonight.

Edit: Works like a dream, been waiting to get into back into Frontier for a while now! Thanks again.

Other shortcuts:

[L]+d: status line on/off

[L]+[R]+dpad up/down: move displayed gfx up/down

[L]+[R]+dpad left/right: stretch/narrow displayed gfx horizontally

[L]+[R]+1,2,...,8: switch display mode

[L]+[R]+9/0: add/remove 1 line (e.g. 320x240 => 320x241)

[L]+ COMMA/PERIOD: cut/uncut left border by 1 pixel

[R]+ COMMA/PERIOD: cut/uncut right border by 1 pixel

Check the README for other shortcuts (there are some handy ones for stylus mode).

Because of demanding 3D games like Alien Breed 3D and Frontier (which are playable at frameskip 1) I'll soon add the shortcut [L]+f for frameskip on/off.

Tom will add a new shortcut for switching between hires and lores. [L]+h?

Not that there's much need for it with the full Pandora keyboard availablilty but [L] + K brings up the onscreen keyboard (I was trying to get Alien Breed 3D to lower display settings, but couldn't get the keys required to work)

Also (and I apologise for repeating myself), could we get a keyboard shortcut for changing the changing the Amiga model speed ingame (ie A500/A500T etc), maybe [L] + A ?

Every now and then after loading a savestate I get garbled sound... lasts a few seconds... then it`s ok then another second or so then it kinda sorts itself out..

No biggie really :)

Every now and then after loading a savestate I get garbled sound... lasts a few seconds... then it`s ok then another second or so then it kinda sorts itself out..

I have the same issue, so I can try to fix it for the next release.

I prefer [L]+[R]+w. w for width, left and right shoulder button because you also need both to change display mode.

I was trying to get Alien Breed 3D to lower display settings, but couldn't get the keys required to work
Just release [L] and [R] - then hold them simultaneously and press e.g. "1".

Also (and I apologise for repeating myself), could we get a keyboard shortcut for changing the changing the Amiga model speed ingame (ie A500/A500T etc), maybe [L] + A ?
Good idea, I'll add this.

I prefer [L]+[R]+w. w for width, left and right shoulder button because you also need both to change display mode.
I agree, that makes more sense.

I'll cast my vote for [L] + [R] + H for Hires toggle too, but I think I might need to clarify my other issue (f anyone's particularly interested? :blink: ). In Alien Breed 3D, you can change how the game is rendered (ie remove floor/ceiling detail), I've downloaded the manual, but that doesn't make it entirely clear how to do so (something about pressing up and down). I'm just curious to see how that would affect the game speed, that's all :) (thanks for the help anyway :) )

stouffa: I tried what you want to achieve and succeeded. First of all I am not sure if you are aware that you have to reconfigure the UAE-controls for the game. You need access to the cursor-keys. But since the Dpad is set to joystick, you by default can not press them. I solved it by going to the UAE-menu, press Y (custom control config), turned custom controls on and configured "up" as "arrow up" and so on. Then you can move ingame with the Dpad.

After that you can simply press "p" to pause the game and press Dpad up to choose SFX-quality and Dpad down to choose the floor detail. Pres p again to continue playing.

Tested with "AlienBreed3D_v1.0_AGA_Fixed_0624.zip"

Pausing the game, that's the step I was missing!! you can also press the Start button to change the joystick settings, that allows you to select use the D pad as cursor keys too! Thanks for the tips!

An issue with ArmyMoves_v1.2_2442 (WHDinstall): When I press the fire-button (X), then the ingame-vehicle does not only shoot, but the game also pauses. That results in an unplayable slideshow-slowmotion-bullettime-effect when you keep hitting the firebutton. Using the (A)-button (probably set to autofire) the game does not pause or at least I can not notice it, but that way I do not manage to shoot vertically, which is essential in the game. I can't remember it, but maybe you shoot vertically when holding the button a short while.

I didn't manage to find the root of the problem, so I can't really tell you if this is an issue with the game, the WHDInstall(configuration) or uae4all(configuration).

I'm not completely sure, but Armalyte_v1.1_1686 seems to have the same issue. At least the game is fluid when I do not shoot, but stuttering as soon as I start to shoot.

Tried it with both - the latest version and the one before that.

I get a similar strange thing with Zeewolf..

It`s fine flying and such... but as soon as you land on a carrier or you call up the mission screen etc... the top right hand corner ( which is a cut down version of the main screen ) seems to pause ( you can hear stuff going on ) but you can`t get out of the screen.,..

So you can`t progress much because you need to refill your missiles etc.. soon as that happens-freeze :(

Maybe I'm missing something, and maybe this should be post in support but multiple disk drives are not working for me (in this release or the previous) even if disk 2 is in drive #2 I'm prompted to insert it (tried several games) and even if I change the disk in dive #1, nothing happens (it is not detected). My .adf are unzipped, I think zipped images were not supported??

Am I doing something wrong?

I get a similar strange thing with Zeewolf..

Verified this. Same for me. I didn't try landing on a carrier yet, but pressing "Enter" in-game crashes the game (as it seems). However pressing the WHDLoad-Quit-Key does exit back to the Workbench. I will try different settings to see if they improve something.

Back