Release UAE4All 2.0

Hopefully Andy Finkel (the engineer formerly known as Anonymous) will return now to fix the multiplication or division bug in his 68020 implementation (Slam Tilt, Roadkill and others are affected by this bug).

Andy Finkel!! He's a legend in Amiga circles. Excellent stuff.

OK, download the new version this morning, loaded Dungeon Master played a bit, saved the game state, shut the emulator down, reloaded the

emulator loaded Dungeon Master, went to menu, did load save state and the emulater crashed back to minimenu.

OK, download the new version this morning, loaded Dungeon Master played a bit, saved the game state, shut the emulator down, reloaded the

emulator loaded Dungeon Master, went to menu, did load save state and the emulater crashed back to minimenu.

Did you setup the same configuration before loading the saved state?

You can also try the PND with the version of uae compiled on my system: UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd

Attachments

• UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd
    2.1 MB · Views: 123
I had a crash to desktop trying my old savestate... but I cleaned out the configs in appdata.. and I`ve saved and resumed savestates without issues!!

I had a crash to desktop trying my old savestate... but I cleaned out the configs in appdata.. and I`ve saved and resumed savestates without issues!!

So as ever, it's a good idea to give the configs a good spring clen before trying out this PND? :) (oh and go Team UAE4ALL!!! :D )

I just tried this with Rick Dangerous II..

Save state loaded fine :) continued playing.....

Trash your config... not the adf one ( I reckon )

Darren

Cleaned out the configs, still no go, also getting sound breakup issues that were not there before.

Further now I cannot use the emulator at all, all the drives are selected and when I load an ADF it shows in all drives slots

and then the when starting the emulator it tells me no ADF inserted.

And yes I did clear out all the old configs.

I have to say I have never had so much trouble with UAE4ALL as I have since this update :(

Last edited by a moderator:
You could backup the contents of your SD card, format it and then only put the new uae4all-stuff (with no .conf-files) on it. That should fix any issues.

Okay, now I've found a problem myself: after rebooting the Pandora and loading my Hybris-savestate again in uae4all there is no music anymore. Just sound fx. The game plays fine, but the music is missing. Maybe you forgot to send me your audio.cpp, Tom?

Okay, now I've found a problem myself: after rebooting the Pandora and loading my Hybris-savestate again in uae4all there is no music anymore. Just sound fx. The game plays fine, but the music is missing. Maybe you forgot to send me your audio.cpp, Tom?

Oh

There are no changes in audio.cpp. Can you please test the pnd I posted a few hours ago?

I just tested this version with my older pandora (600 Mhz, older firmware) by inserting the SD card from the 1Ghz pandora, restoring a game and everything was fine.

Further now I cannot use the emulator at all, all the drives are selected and when I load an ADF it shows in all drives slots

and then the when starting the emulator it tells me no ADF inserted.
I saw this also once. Then I deleted the the game-specific config and the problem was gone.

Sounds like you guys are saving pointers, if you do it will break savestate compatibility after each recompile, so better review all structures that are saved.

There are no changes in audio.cpp. Can you please test the pnd I posted a few hours ago?
I just tested this version with my older pandora (600 Mhz, older firmware) by inserting the SD card from the 1Ghz pandora, restoring a game and everything was fine.
Turns out I still had some stuff commented out in other source-files I had on my Pandora (in order to debug the restoring issue a few months back).

So my build was incomplete indeed.

With your PND the savestate from earlier today loads fine and the music works.

Thus I've uploaded your PND to the repo now as new version 2.0.0.7 (only updated the link to the new sources in the pnd):

http://repo.openpand...ail&app=uae4all

@notaz: Thanks for your hint, but really disabled sources were the problem cause. The emu seems to correctly save&restore the values of the structures - no pointers.

I don't use Savestates, so is there any point in downloading this at all? I've spent a very long time getting my configuration just-so, and don't want to have to delete the appdata folder again.

D.

I still have heaps of papers filled with level-codes from the good ol' days ... :p

But most of the stuff I play doesn't need any savestates either, so it's not a big deal.

v2.0.0.7 still no good here, still crashes back to Minimenu when loading a save state back, as said above just save the games

as they are meant to be saved, cannot think why I was bothered about save states.

Thanks for the efforts though.

No savestates? you use in game saves? or just do you knot play stuff that you want to try and complete?

Just in-game saves. Why, what did you do back when these games were played on real hardware?

D.

Back