Twitterix: New Vid In The Works

I want to see mwestin's Mortal Kombat arcade board or I'm notifying Midway :angry:

I kid, I kid :D

lulzfish said:
I don't know anything about MAME, is there a chance of Hydro Thunder running on the Pandora?
Hydro Thunder will be able to run on the Pandora, but not through MAME (at anything close to playable speed, that is). MAME is significantly slower than other emulators because it's designed to be as true to the original hardware as possible with little regard for performance.

However, since it's a Naomi (basically a Dreamcast with extra ram for arcades) game, it'll be able to run on the Dreamcast emulator. That's assuming that NullDCe will eventually run fullspeed, which may never happen. If it doesn't, you can still run the PS1 port in PSX4Pandora. The graphics aren't nearly as good, but it should still be just as much fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Corecannon said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRcCz7RWid4

new vid is up!
Wow, not bad. Nice demonstration of using the Controlls and watching the onscreen-Action. :)
Well...maybe MWeston should practise a little bit more with Mortal Kombat. :D At least I hope he lost because of his skills and NOT because of a maybe poor Pandora D-Pad...^_^""""""

mindlord said:
I have to say, that MK I was looking mighty fine! I honestly didn't think it would run that well on the Pandora. Perhaps my hopes of having Arcade MK II in my pocket isn't a total pipe dream. Cause let's face it, the console versions never did the game justice.
I'm sure the Pandora was running with at least 500MHz. It's not that hard to play MK with 500MHz. ;) It's better to use a Emulator that needs not so much Power like MAME does. Mortal Kombat is also available for Megadrive and I know that Picodrive is a very fast emulator.
You also could try the PC Version of MK 1, I still have it (trashed a good Gravis gamepad with this Game ages Ago :D ) but I know we wouldn't be happy with DOSBOX emulating PC-Mortal Kombat. :lol:

fuzzypinkunicorns666 said:
However, since it's a Naomi (basically a Dreamcast with extra ram for arcades) game, it'll be able to run on the Dreamcast emulator. That's assuming that NullDCe will eventually run fullspeed, which may never happen. If it doesn't, you can still run the PS1 port in PSX4Pandora. The graphics aren't nearly as good, but it should still be just as much fun.

Oh dear lord, I hope it does eventually run full speed. I would give my left lung.

fuzzypinkunicorns666 said:
lulzfish said:
I don't know anything about MAME, is there a chance of Hydro Thunder running on the Pandora?
Hydro Thunder will be able to run on the Pandora, but not through MAME (at anything close to playable speed, that is). MAME is significantly slower than other emulators because it's designed to be as true to the original hardware as possible with little regard for performance.

Didn't Hydro Thunder come out on the N64 too... that's another potential possibility...

PSX as well, so it can be played on day one. It's probably not as good as the arcade version though. Looks like that game is around Cruisin' USA era, so it might be a bit much for MAME on Pandora.

There is an N64 version, but it's not as good as the PS1 version as it's missing a lot of the game modes. Though it does have slightly better graphics.

Latest from Craig:

"I'm preparing to be much better next week. Bring on the first 100 units!"

I wish he would be more selective in his wording. Units implies complete systems, which we all know at this point to be impossible. I'm sure, before anyone starts speculating, that he means production boards. Unless by units he means Morphine, or some other intravenously administered drug.

mindlord said:
I wish he would be more selective in his wording. Units implies complete systems, which we all know at this point to be impossible. I'm sure, before anyone starts speculating, that he means production boards. Unless by units he means Morphine, or some other intravenously administered drug.
Well, he said before that he had hogvirus, right? ;)

Back