Some personal stuff - and prototypes building!

Discussion in 'Pyra News' started by EvilDragon, Mar 11, 2019.

1. azouls

azouls Member

i am sorry my friend. I dint really understand your question .

rSl, levi, Alec and 1 other person like this.
  2. Bernd

Bernd Very Active Member

Amazing that you're able to grind the material to a diameter this small.
    It looks like something between ø0,1 to ø0,5mm.
    And the diamater to lengh ratio is extreme.
    I wouldn't be able to do that on my tool grinder.

The bearings of my mill isn't nearly good enough to have a small enough run out to use this kind of tools.
    And the tool holder alone must have cost a little fortune.
    (I had a 0,3mm carbide drill with internal cooling in my hands and I'm always afraid of breaking them by only looking hard enough at them. And they were all CNC ground.)

3. matzesu

matzesu Hardcore Member

@azouls : Thanks for the Update on the Moulds, so this means our first Mass Produktion Pyra Shoulderbuttons will also get these Springs ??
    Because my own Pandora Story begun whit a stuck right Shoulderbutton and instead of send it in our fix it myself, i first mapped this Button on a diverent button, then some months later, i found a Screwdriver thats fits and opend my Pandora, this was also the first time in my live that i opened up such a Handheld Device..

I ditnt have lots of Elektronik Hardware Modding experience, i remember that i once changed the Graphics Card and the Case Fan on my old PC, and i played lot of LEGO when i was a Child..

So a Spring instead of a Foampad sounds much better for me..

4. azouls

azouls Member

I am not the correct person to answer this But Since the case dint change (expect PCB placement ) and only the buttons from it had been change i dont thing there will be a problem to do it your self. We manage to make it easy from production.I will send couple of Buttons and 2000 Springs to ED with the Samples.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 26, 2019, Original Post Date: Jun 26, 2019 ---
    well my friend, All the good tools and machines are very expensive.This carbine fund is a hand made one and if you dont use the correct speed and movement then it will brake.It is very important to know very Well what is the Steel made of before using the Carbine fund.There are deferend kind of Steels out there .We are working with Meusberger and Petrodi for the Molds and they have specifications of what the steel is made off so that way we know what kind of tool to use to cutting them and what is the correct speed and movement.Also there is 30 years of experiance on that job that goes from Father to Sons .So all the companies has their secrets :) . No matter what who ever comes here in (Greece ,Thessaloniki) and wants to see how the plastics and molds are made off i will be glad to show them . This is small video from the factory

rSl, Neelix, Bernd and 7 others like this.
  5. matzesu

matzesu Hardcore Member

@azouls this wasnt meant to be a question, i know the answer as i been follewed the Development since the beginning,
    The Pyra is meant to be easy acces, unlike other devices, : just a few Screws, some Connectors and maybe some Clips to open, and you could in theorie make everything you want..

The Bottonpart where the Shoulderbuttons are is the easyst Area to open yourself, and i want to stuck by this Part on my Pyra,
    You have to Unscrew this Part to swap to a new CPU Board, but some Users will also Put a Diverent Screen on the Lid or something..

So i m happy if i dotnt need to open my Pyra at all, but its a nice Feature that you can open it easely if you want..

azouls likes this.
  6. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

Oh you had me scared for a moment there. The case hasn't changed, only the buttons have been modified? Then I realised I'd skipped over your brackets, and you had meant to write 'except PCB placement' there, indicating that actually you have been able to modify the case plastics to include support by grinding away the spaces for the liquid plastic to fill.

I hope you're able to send a couple of examples of these case plastics to ED when you send him the buttons. I'd be very much interested to know if they satisfy him in supporting the PCB properly.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    azouls, Grench and ClockworkCoder like this.
  7. Grench

Grench Forum Addict!

True - just the buttons wouldn't show the whole solution. ED is going to need a fresh set of the latest base plastics to join it together.

azouls, ClockworkCoder and levi like this.
  8. matzesu

matzesu Hardcore Member

Only the Buttons wouldnd make much sense, so i think the guys at uniqueplast will also ship a Sample of the new Cases,

azouls likes this.
  9. Bernd

Bernd Very Active Member

I know a little bit about machining and the price of tools.
    We are building special purpose vehicles. Most parts get manufactured in our company.
    Our milling is more on the rough side.
    That's why I know how hard it is to grind such small tools and how hard it is to use them.
    But there is a little price difference in good tools which are allowed to have a total run out of 0,05 to 0,1mm and the tool which is needed to clamp a needle-tool shown in the video.

Thank you for the video.

azouls likes this.
  10. azouls

azouls Member

Good morning all . Those are 2 videos that the cooper cutting the steel to make the milling lines disapear.It is hard to see the sparkles though . The liquid you see running is similar to petreol. and

FBnil, zoranc, CommanderB and 17 others like this.
  11. janvlug

janvlug Member

Although I do not really understand what all these machines are doing, it is really great to see videos of the work in progress. Highly appreciated!

FBnil, azouls, comradekingu and 3 others like this.
  12. rSl

rSl **** COMMODORE 64 PYRA V2 **** 4GB RAM SYSTEM

thanks for the explanations, verry interesting pro stuff going on here.
    and petrol and sparks, sounds dangerous. i like it. :cool:

keep safe!
    :p&|a:<3

13. Swordfish II

Swordfish II Very Active Member

Love seeing the progress. I'm ok with delays as long as I can see forward movement and this meets the mail.

Puppetmaster, azouls and comradekingu like this.
  14. wardred

wardred Member

Hey azouls,
    I just wanted to say thank you for doing these videos! It was great seeing your equipment at work, and I look forward to getting my Prya and seeing these refinements in action.

15. azouls

azouls Member

Thank you very much .Next week i will manage to make Samples from a Full Pyra. There will be Videos :)

gpb, pimaster, rSl and 9 others like this.
  16. ClockworkCoder

ClockworkCoder Chaotic Neutral

Literally I can't wait! :-D

Thank you!

azouls likes this.
  17. Djoga'Ro

Djoga'Ro moonstruck

Does that mean you die, now? Sorry to hear that!

18. ClockworkCoder

ClockworkCoder Chaotic Neutral

Re: unable to wait...

Er, no. It just means that I'm constantly running around in circles (and occasionally jumping and cheering).

rSl, levi, azouls and 1 other person like this.
  19. docbroke

docbroke Active Member

Thanks @azouls, every update is like getting 1UP.
    Can you tell about expected strength of Pyra case, as in if Pyra fall from hand. I am not very clumsy but still I have had fair share of cracked screens of mobile phones, so I will need to be extra careful with pyra.

azouls likes this.
  20. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Administrator Staff Member

Screens on mobile phones seem to crack these days if you just look too hard onto them :D
    Seriously, the screen on my MotoZ broke three times within 1,5 years. One time it fell on the floor from a whooping height of 10cm!

Djoga'Ro, docbroke and azouls like this.