The Caring Corner :)

130-something over 97 this morning. I think nifedipine has lowered my systolic pressure, but not my diastolic pressure. I’m kinda considering buying my own cuff. There are two staff members who take turns taking my blood pressure, and one of them always takes it twice, which I don’t like, because it’s probably hiding higher numbers on the first reading.

130-something over 97 this morning. I think nifedipine has lowered my systolic pressure, but not my diastolic pressure.
I always assumed that the systolic pressure increase was mainly due to the power of your heart pumping into the space. The diastolic pressure is derived from the amount of blood in the system and the crushing force on that blood because it's more or less the steady state pressure.

99.3 degrees isn't anything to worry about, right? I drank some cool water and got it back down to 98.7 degrees. I'm mostly worried about my lack of sleep tonight. I think I got two hours, tops. Still, I think temperature should be lower in the morning.

My oximeter is sticking around 94% oxygen saturation level right now, but I can get it to go up to 97% if I inhale deeply. Just kind of unsure what to do. It’s below normal, but it’s not an emergency.

Today I tried eating nachos with guacamole. But I have become too sensitive for that. I had to puke some of it out. Highly processed foods are toxic. I ought to have known better than to put waste in my temple.

guacamole
Make your own!

Ingredients:
  • One small onion
  • One garlic clove
  • One tomato
  • One avocado
  • salt
  • coriander
  • tabasco/sambal

Finely chop onion and garlic. Season with salt. Add very little tabasco (just for the taste, not for the hotness). Mix. Put it in a jar.
Add 1cm of oil on top inside the jar. Put jar in the fridge. It will keep well for a day or two.

Tomato: slice and dice add salt. Set aside.

Avocado: remove seed and skin. Use a fork to pulp it. Add a few drops of lemon so it does not go brown. Set aside.

coriander: dice a leaf, put it in a bowl. Then add a few teaspoons of the onion/garlic.

Now mix: add 40% of tomato and 60% avocado, add the coriander+onion/garlic.

Sauce is done.

Get a good bag of Nachos.

What do you guys know about bubbly pee? I hear it could be caused by peeing too hard or medication, but I also hear it could be kidney disease, which can be caused by high blood pressure. Fortunately, the test for kidney disease is easy to do, so I’ll just ask my doctor about it.

What do you guys know about bubbly pee?

It makes a good alternative to champagne.

Garmin%20Transitions%20riders%20with%20champagne%20after%20winning%20team%20classification%20in%20Thousand%20Oaks.jpg

Make your own!

Ingredients:
  • One small onion
  • One garlic clove
  • One tomato
  • One avocado
  • salt
  • coriander
  • tabasco/sambal

Finely chop onion and garlic. Season with salt. Add very little tabasco (just for the taste, not for the hotness). Mix. Put it in a jar.
Add 1cm of oil on top inside the jar. Put jar in the fridge. It will keep well for a day or two.

Tomato: slice and dice add salt. Set aside.

Avocado: remove seed and skin. Use a fork to pulp it. Add a few drops of lemon so it does not go brown. Set aside.

coriander: dice a leaf, put it in a bowl. Then add a few teaspoons of the onion/garlic.

Now mix: add 40% of tomato and 60% avocado, add the coriander+onion/garlic.

Sauce is done.
This actually looks like a salad dressing that I sometimes make. I never noticed how much it resembles guacamole. Originally I made it to get rid of an excess avocado. Did I inadvertently independently invent guacamole? I looked it up and it seems that originally guacamole was just avocado+tomato+salt. If only I had lived before the Azteks then I could have been known as the inventor of avocado+tomato+salt!

I will make this this week for eating with my leftover lettuce.

A different staff member came in over the weekend, so I missed two days of blood pressure checks. This morning though was 150-something over 90-something. They say high blood pressure can lead to kidney disease, because there are many small blood vessels in the kidneys that are easily damaged.

When i lay my left leg next to my right leg, i noticed that the right leg might be a bit shorter? Could this be a possible cause of the E-Bike Incidents? also my left food gets tired faster, maybe its much more near to the ground?
I have the Pyra on the Pocket of the right Leg....

Also, since i watch my Stuff on the Fire TV Stick, i have issues standing up after that, but maybe its because the Couch is much deeper than my Office Chair..

This one isn’t about me for once. My twin sister is having a colonoscopy done on Tuesday at age 34, due to some bad signs. Wish her luck.

I only found out yesterday when we went out to eat, and she gave me a list of things she couldn’t eat. Nuts, beans, seeds, corn, dried fruit, and multigrain bread.

This one isn’t about me for once. My twin sister is having a colonoscopy done on Tuesday at age 34, due to some bad signs. Wish her luck.

I only found out yesterday when we went out to eat, and she gave me a list of things she couldn’t eat. Nuts, beans, seeds, corn, dried fruit, and multigrain bread.
I didn't know you had a twin sister, but good luck to her.
When catching up in this thread I noticed that you post something that you could see as worrisome but directly after that I also read your newer post, so you're worrying but are still alive and kicking.
I don't mind the posting, but it's like reading spoilers for a tv-series if you don't read them in real-time. I hope the trend continues and you always follow-up your posts with a positive outcome.

A different staff member came in over the weekend, so I missed two days of blood pressure checks. This morning though was 150-something over 90-something. They say high blood pressure can lead to kidney disease, because there are many small blood vessels in the kidneys that are easily damaged.
I got some measuring devices for blood pressure, saturation, blood sugar levels and temperature. If you worry about your blood pressure, those measuring devices can be bought somewhat cheaply, and they might help to prove you are okay if you worry a lot.
Kidney disease is usually found if you already have some damage, usually there aren't any indications there is stress on the kidneys before they start failing if I remember correctly. I think if there is some foam after peeing you might have protein in your pee, which might also be an indication there is something with your kidney (but probably unrelated to high blood pressure).

Back