That took a while...

Re: discussion about 1 page ago If anyone really wants to know the color, indeed there are too many variables to affect the colors of a digital photo to take it for granted. The real way is use a color swatch (the thing they have in paint shops to look up and show You industry standard colors) and have someone (from any side of the supply chain, really) see what's the closes color/tone. And then everyone would have to take a color swatch themselves and look it up. They're manufactured to have really "microscope" possible differences, and this is one of their purposes to use.

wouldn't bet against it being met by linuxswat's glshim being used by ptitseb's ports, or exophase's latest emulators, or notaz's new binary recompilations. And those things will take time to get fettled into shape, and won't be available to test immediately.

You mean lunixbochs right? :p

WOW, the quality is really nice on those. I'm glad to see the case company actually knows their shit, and can produce a proper final product.

Sadly, I'm not a super fan of any of the colors shown so far. Hopefully, once everything is more finalized before production begins, we can get a good batch of color options produced, and have the community vote on the best ones. The dark/burnt red would still be my choice of the mock ups shown in the past, as that color seems best for the overall Pyra image, and would probably appeal to the greatest group of buyers. It is also the color shown on ED's sight, so I think it would be a good option to offer.

Yellow was my favorite overall, but I'm not sure how many that one would appeal to, but I thought it looked damn cool. And of course, the clear was my other favorite, but I'm not sure how that one would work in regards to the lights within the system, and how bleeding may or may not appear. All of my past clear case mods(DS, PSP), there was very few lights outside of notification ones you had to worry about, as the screen was the only real issue, as you could get bleeding around the edges, but that could be corrected as well.

Chris

Hopefully, once everything is more finalized before production begins, we can get a good batch of color options produced, and have the community vote on the best ones. The dark/burnt red would still be my choice of the mock ups shown in the past, as that color seems best for the overall Pyra image, and would probably appeal to the greatest group of buyers. It is also the color shown on ED's sight, so I think it would be a good option to offer.

Black is most definitely the option that appeals to the greatest group of buyers.

Hmm, I wonder if the case parts could be milled out of solid blocks of wood... interesting....

Regular wood would have a tendency to warp, but there is something call stabilized wood. It's wood that's had resin pumped into all of it's pores, and it basically turns into plastic. You can also dye it to get some really cool colours and patterns.
It may be possible to grab the files for the case and have a block of this stuff CNC milled into a case.

Luckily, your GPD win shouldn't explode just because you got a Pyra. And handily, you can get help for both platforms with one login here.
My personal experience with these type of devices is that if you neglect one for too long the battery deteriorates to the point of no return. Li-ion wants love and seeks attention, so need to make sure you use both from time to time.

Just store it 60% charged and restore that charge from time to time. If you store it fully charged, it ages faster. If you store it empty, you risk it discharging beyond the point of no return, before you remember to recharge it up to empty.

Good lord i go on vacation for the weekend and this is what i come back too. This is awsome. The cases look great. Happy everything is starting to roll here. Now i do want that green case

Back