SuperZaxxon v.54 Final has been released!

Yes, for me zhe nubs don't work for half a second when toggeling. No big issue at all.

But I had the same behaviour when using an usbhub and plugging in a keyboard, then removing it and plugging in a mouse and it didn' work.

Worked after restart though.

THe PND updater does not work, I crashed my Kernel after reboot with it and I updated 2x like mentioned, no hangings during update, all seemd to be fine there.  Kenel 2.6 still works but 3.2 is broken! Pisses me off a little bit but ok, now I have to do a full flash...

I updated from Super Zaxxon 5.2 by the way, classic CC Pandora.

EDIT: can it be that the "update twice" is not meant for this offline PND updater? Then maybe my fault was to do it twice in a row, maybe I really should have just do it once and then simply reboot.  It was a little bit confusing to be honest...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been a week since I updated to 1.54 and seems good.

Just want to say that I tried everything and had to start over flashing the whole thing. First I had tried to update from the online script before I looked on this board. First try hung and since I didn't know what to do, I had rebooted before I tried the script again. After reading this thread I tried the offline version. When that told me to reboot, that is when I lost WiFi! Then no matter what I tried over again, no change. I just downloaded the whole image, booted on SD card, and that method restored everything with 1.54.

So now everythings cool, except of course that I still can't run 3dtetris...

I don't know, since I use the newest Zaxxon, my WiFi is garbage... :(

beelow 3kb/s most of the time, system info even shows me 30 BYTE sometimes, WTF?!?!?  And I've tested it right in front of my Router, signal Strenght was superb there but download maybe ~20kb/s. I tested various wifi channels from 1-13 but no effect, wlan powersave off, also no effect.

Will there ever be a final fix so that the Pandora WiFi just works normal like feelded 99% of all WiFi devices? I would be already happy with 100kb/s but even this is not the case, not to mention my full 256kb/s download which actualy also shouldn't be any problem for my WiFi. Something seems to be really wrong there, the Pandora must use a really tiny Antenna or something like that.

Fixing wifi is a dead end more or less. If you really think it's a problem with latest firmware, feel free to flash something older from here:

http://openpandora.org/firmware/fullflash/

..but the driver hasn't changed in last releases and I don't think it will help you.

BTW is your pandora CC one?

CC Classic Pandora, the usual 256MB Model but with replaced LCD Cable.

However, I'm happy that I have a working firmware again, I think I keep the newest one, has some nice features so nothing to complain there.  :)  Like mentioned before, my Pandora WiFi reacts different from day to day, sometimes good, sometimes worse. Really weird and mysterious.   :ph34r:  I live in a very small town in the middle of nowhere, but even here I have ~ 6 Wifi networks around me, and some more "dirty" frequencies, maybe this is the reason why the Pandora WiFi is so moody. 

Maybe I should try my Linksys USB Stick from my PC onto the Pandora but I'm not sure if this works "out of the box" because I have no experience with Linux wifi Drivers. (this one: http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-WN821N-Wireless-N-802-11b-Wireless/dp/B002D5EIT4/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1365858846&sr=8-13&keywords=linksys+USB+wifi+stick )

Could the stick work onto the Pandora without manual driver installations (this opkg update stuff scares me)?

well i think it should work for you found this http://wikidevi.com/wiki/TP-LINK_TL-WN821N_v1 when taking a fast look around.

hope it works out for you i picked up a trendnet tu2et100 for like $20 and was happy to find it worked np at all.

ps i swear in one of the many wifi threads i saw someone say they took the coating off the internal wifi around the screen and it helped not sure if it's good to do or not if i find the post i will link it

Nothing happens when I plug the stick in, it's LED glows, that's all, no "new device found" dialouge, nothing. I enabled USB host but also no difference. Is there a Device Manager in Linux so I can check if the Stick is recognized at all?

Because My Pandora WiFi is really garbage now after the Firmware Update, Google page needs 2 Minutes to load for example. I don't want to downgrade the Firmware so is there any way to get better wifi?

I switched to WiFi Channel 6, now I have at least 35kb/s with the internal WiFi, not much but better than before. ^^  Busy channel with some other Routers on it but seems to work better now than the Channels 11-13 I used in the past (less shared by other WiFi Devices).

I have the exact same version of Super Zaxxon 1.52 on both the NAND and as an SD card installation.

I used the Super Zaxxon 1.54 offline updater and updated the NAND without any problem.

However, if I use the exact same updater with the SD card installation of the exact same Super Zaxxon 1.52 I get a message box:

"SuperZaxxon Final firmware required, sorry." and I can't update.

What to do? Thx in advance, bukkit

Ah, thanks a lot notaz, that solved that.

Another question: Does anyone have a plain original cpu.conf for a 1Ghz Pandora and would be so kind to post the content?

(Does something like that exist? My Pandora seems to believe it's a 600Mhz version and panics about all sorts of things related to cpu speed.)

Thx, notaz, but with max:800 and safe:600 this doesn't look like the 1Ghz version.

You do a setup a the first firmware boot, so it's changed (or not) anyway.

All you have to do is:

max:1000

min:125

safe:1000

default:1000

maxopp:4

Ah thx. I see. However, I was looking for sth like reasonable and recommended defaults. I'd still expect "max" to be above the default 1000.

But essentially you're both right. It's not too important. I'll just play around until fuses blow.

Back