Release Super Geometry Dust

YESSSSSS!! I haven't been on my pandy at all lately, but I am glad to see this update finally game to fruition! Can't wait to try out survival!

Edit: Only played about 20-30minutes so far, and I'm enjoying survival. But, I have a couple suggestions.

Survival

I think the time counter should be on the side of the screen rather than the middle. It's right in the middle of the play field and causes slight confusion when I'm running straight upwards or there is an enemy inside the numbers.

It would be nice to know when a new laser upgrade is coming. Either show the score count, or change the color of the field for each upgrade like it is for the super laser in arcade.

I think it should start harder. In the 20min or so that I played I already got 368.3. games will probably start getting close to 10minutes pretty soon and I would like to keep them under 5minutes.

Meteor Shower

I agree with Protoman. I think this is too similar to arcade. You just have to make sure to stay near a particular spot. I think one thing that would help is to make it harder when a tower falls. At the moment it seems you could just stay near one tower and let the other two fall and do just fine. It would be nice to see more of the invincible enemy wells spawn when a tower goes down.

Haven't played arcade yet, I'll let you know how I like the difficulty curve change when I get there.

Love the bug fixes! Big asteroids disappearing after a single shot was pretty lame.

Thanks for the update! You're making a great game even better ;) .

Last edited by a moderator:
I've ported SGD and released it for iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad! I've made a topic in the "Other Consoles" area so this doesn't get cluttered up. You can find it here: :)

Hey wermy, well done on the iOS port!! :)

I just want to ask: will you be adding iCP support for the iOS version some time soon?

what are the chances of next pandora update to not kill wifi while playing?

I still believe it is a problem with the sgx/wifichip, that causes the wifi dropout while playing. Happens in some other games too.

Maybe ED can explain this, have asked him before in irc but never got a reply.

For example "Falling Up" does this too.

This is still my time-killer of choice. :D

I have managed to run two copies at one which was weird as both display sort of.

If I've left the wifi on and it drops out (which it likes to do) then it interferes with the display and hi-score entry (the prompt for password steals the keyboard input).

Collision detection between the baddies and asteroids would be nice. This way you could hide behind an asteroid for shelter or blast it open help take out a wave.

May be the bases and menace delivery vehicles could be exempt from this.

Still the tight spots this generates I see a challenge (normally short lived) rather than a source of frustration.

Hey, I don't know if this has been changed yet, but by looking at your Youtube video I find that the fact the background stars are in a perfect grid gives me a headache.

Can't wait to try it though, I have a used Pandora inbound.

Sweet! Deal..looking forward to playing. :blink:

My adrenaline made me panicky near the 1 milliion mark o.o

but atlast :)

very nice game one of the games i play most on the pandora :)

I really like using the nubs very nice

supergeometrydusthighsc.png

gaawd..... I'm still happy with my ~350.000 Points and this actualy was pure luck. Maybe I move not fast enough or maybe I just move to much? Whatever I do, they always get me, more sooner than later. :D Especialy one milisecond after recieving the Super Laser. :wacko:

I guess I'm not hardcore enough for this game, however, it is a very good game. Nothing to relax but a nice adrenaline kick. :D

I adore this game! I haven´t reached the 1mil mark yet though, my highscore is around 480k

Can I make a feature request? I thought it´ be cool to be able to revert to other (lesser) lasers if one would want to. I especially like the 2nd laser that shoots real fast and I don´t like the split laser after that very much. So...

Ability to select weapons as soon as new ones are earned? :)

Keep up the good work, this is for me the best homebrew game on the Pandora so far!

my only request, let the bombs destroy enemies lasers...i can live with not being able to shoot down enemies ammo, but it would be great if bombs could

I do love this game, it is for me the best thing on the Pandora.. but would love the ability to use my own music (not that there is anything wrong with the track incl), is there any chance you could incorporate this wermy..?

cheers.

Nealy every game gives scores for Bombs, I see no reason why not in this case. you only have 5 or 6 Bombs, shouldn't make that big impact. Otherwise, skilled Players still make more points than unskilled players, the bombs wouldn't have a big effect IMHO. And at the end of the game the Player could get Bonus Points for every Bombe he has not used. :) (i'm sure I would not get any Bonus Points, my Bomb usage is pretty high. :D )

Back