Release Super Geometry Dust

I had actually never heard of that until now... Is it easy to set up a way to receive/convert them? If so then sure. :)
I hope that this doesn't sound too complex for you? When you have bitcoin client running, you only need to copy/paste your receiving address and write it here (it is a seemingly random string of characters), and everyone & me will be able to send you bitcoins to this address.

I am obsessed about security issues, so that's why I wrote about wallet.dat and why be careful. Usually that is not a problem (especially on linux/ubuntu), just a thing to keep in mind.

And how about this BW inverted color scheme?

Thanks, I'll look into it tonight. :) As for the color-scheme, I like that idea. I'll look into it for sure.

BlueProtoman: That does sound like a fun game-type. It would take some re-working of how enemies spawn though... I'd have to make it so there was a steady stream of enemies coming in. I guess. Maybe I could position 4-5 indestructible enemy-wells on the sphere that would spit enemies out every half-second or so.. That would probably do it. :)

I have two other game modes I've implemented on iPhone, and just need to find time to drop the code into the Pandora version (work is crazy right now, so I don't get to do as much with this as I did a few weeks ago). They are very fun modes though - I'll leave it at that. :)

As for the color-scheme, I like that idea. I'll look into it for sure.

I have two other game modes I've implemented on iPhone, and just need to find time to drop the code into the Pandora version (work is crazy right now, so I don't get to do as much with this as I did a few weeks ago). They are very fun modes though - I'll leave it at that. :)

Can't wait! :D

Anyone notice that game in the new PSP promo video that is a lot like this?

That is Super Star Dust (or the iteration of the series for the NGP [i refuse to call it the Vita]). That's where the "Super" and "Dust" come from in SGD - it's a Super Star Dust/Geometry Wars mash-up. :)

I had actually never heard of that until now... Is it easy to set up a way to receive/convert them? If so then sure. :)
I hope that this doesn't sound too complex for you? When you have bitcoin client running, you only need to copy/paste your receiving address and write it here (it is a seemingly random string of characters), and everyone & me will be able to send you bitcoins to this address.

I am obsessed about security issues, so that's why I wrote about wallet.dat and why be careful. Usually that is not a problem (especially on linux/ubuntu), just a thing to keep in mind.

And how about this BW inverted color scheme?

Thanks, I'll look into it tonight. :) As for the color-scheme, I like that idea. I'll look into it for sure.

BlueProtoman: That does sound like a fun game-type. It would take some re-working of how enemies spawn though... I'd have to make it so there was a steady stream of enemies coming in. I guess. Maybe I could position 4-5 indestructible enemy-wells on the sphere that would spit enemies out every half-second or so.. That would probably do it. :)

Extra game modes sounds cool!

I suppose you won't have a running version until tomorrow? I'm going on vacation and would love to have the new modes to play around with... :)

Someone really has to find the Wifi bug.

I just played a new Highscore of ~970.000 and then i couldnt enter my name because wifi manager stole the focus and i typed my name into the wifi passphrase box. :(

But besides that.. its a really really amazing game. Its my new favourite :)

I just played a new Highscore of ~970.000 and then i couldnt enter my name because wifi manager stole the focus and i typed my name into the wifi passphrase box. :(

Yea you gotta remember to toggle off wifi or it gets gitchy. You could just edit the highscore.txt file and add your name. Grats on the score you should break the 1mil soon :)

Yea you gotta remember to toggle off wifi or it gets gitchy. You could just edit the highscore.txt file and add your name. Grats on the score you should break the 1mil soon :)

Thx. Today I saw that highscores are stored in a simple Textfile.

But I found another bug with the Highscores today.

Like I wrote yesterday I reached ~970.000 and couldnt enter a name. So there was a empty first place in my highscore table.

Today I played to 96.000 (very bad today ^^) and realized that my highscore from yesterday was gone.

Look at the Image I attached.

Maybe entrys are deleted without name if they are in first position? Could that be?

(The 96.000 is also without name, because i thought Im not in the highscore table and so I pressed X for new game. But Im in Highscoretable because the entry from yesterday was gone ^^)

PS: I never touched highscoretable by hand ;-)

screen110521-022206.png

WOOHOOOOOO :lol:

My new Highscore: 1086017

Edit: It seems all Highscores without names will be overwritten ;)

screen110521-081250.png

screen110521-081303.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I have some feature requests and ideas.

First a bug:

After I get super laser, I get a laser upgrade but when i loose super laser my laser is the same or worse than what I had before super laser

Auto-Pause (Option):

When both joysticks are in their dead zone (centre) the game will pause, and unpause when the sticks are moved. Would be nice to be able to customize the amount of ms (0 to 200 say) the sticks have to be in their deadzone)

Marathon Mode:

When you die, you loose half the points you earned since your previous death (or game start if you did not die yet) and you do not loose a life.

Variable Power Mode:

This is tricky to explain, please try and follow. Currently your ship has a finite output of its thrusters and guns. With variable power mode when your ship is not moving it shoots faster, when your not shooting your ship moves faster. The cool thing is you can vary the ratio dynamically with the nubs. (If both nubs are as far as possible from the centre the ratio is 50:50 if your thrust nub is only halfway to between the centre and edge then the ratio is 75:25 or something like that.

Stylus steering and aiming (Not at the same time OFC).

I would also like to see thinner grid lines to reduce obstruction of the view of the other side of the sphere.

I would like a more substantial bomb effect, even if it remains very simple.

Awesome game TYVM!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi again,

Sorry it's been so long since I said I was working on an update. Work has been crazy busy, and I just haven't had any time until now. :) So here it is!

NEW FEATURES:

- Two new gameplay modes!

- Meteor Shower Mode: There are three structures on the sphere that you must protect from rocks, an invincible enemy well, and a whole lot of asteroids…

- Survival Mode: 3 of each bomb, one life, and zero super laser… How long can you last?

- New enemy: X-enemy. Takes a couple hits to kill, and moves very quickly…

Bugfixes:

- Fixed bug where high scores with an empty name entry would not be saved

- Fixed asteroid disappearing bug

- Fixed bug with bombs and asteroids… Bombs are *much* more effective against asteroids now.

Changes:

- Laser shooting enemies are now treated as regular enemies, and can spawn in waves (but not circular waves around you. That just wouldn't be fair…)

- Made it so successive enemy waves would never be of the same type

- Adjusted difficulty ramping (shouldn't plateau as soon)

- Better-looking asteroid disappearing

You can download the new version at the repo: http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=SuperGeometryDust-23703

Feedback (hopefully constructive) on the new gameplay modes is highly appreciated. :)

I'm not terribly crazy about Meteor Shower mode; it doesn't differentiate itself too much from the regular mode. The towers don't add much, and the nerfed difficulty drags it down. You should really find something to add to this mode.

Survival mode I like.

I don't like how the new asteroids disappear; it looks like they're shrinking, not exploding.

I think that the new enemies you've been adding lately should either appear more often or be more of a threat.

Keep up the good work!

I really like the new graphics for asteroids, personally. Ditto on the new enemies. I might be too accustomed to previous versions, but I find that it takes too long for the difficulty to ramp up on the normal mode.

Survival mode does exactly what it intends to.

I share some misgivings about Meteor Shower, though. I would humbly suggest a lot more asteroids, and perhaps some limited control over their direction when the split--perhaps they would always drift away from the direction from which the fire comes?

Thanks for all the tremendous work!

Really digging the new realease here. Arcade mode was a challenge for a little bit and then I went on a rampage and broke a million.... This game just gets better. I might echo the breaking of the asteroids away from the direction it was shot, and maybe some sound on impact of bullets there, but that's just me being picky. You know I've got much love for this game :D

Back